It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsnight 3rd July 2009 (pt1) - BBC exposes pathetic & extreme Iranian Islamic regime propaganda!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And might I add, the missile shield in Poland & Czech Republic are for defending Europe against rogue states such as Iran. Obama has not cancelled this project, and appears to be still going through.

And the threat of the regime to the Iranian people is just as important to the whole of humanity, as the threat they post to Europe. The difference being a more drastic threat towards their own people right now, that can easily become a severe threat for the world.

I know some of you just prefer to sit in your own little world and forget about this, and I do sympathise that America has been going alone for too long as world police. But the whole free world should take a stand against oppression, and that does mean the US too. And I don't doubt that they would for a second.

This is not calling for war. First steps should be through the UN, and strong EU condemnation, as President Sarkozy of France did today leading the way. If the regime continues to go down this path, then they are the only one's to blame for their own demise. This is the real world, and if they push for a fight then so be it.

Nicholas Sarkozy condemns Iran

[edit on 6-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yeah...your still not telling me why Iran would attack the uk...as for your biological weapons quote.Another moot point,because they have them they will use them? they didn't in the war with Iraq...iraq was backed by the Usa in this little adventure i might add aswell.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I wonder how long it is going to be before the idiot, in Iran calls for the UK to be wiped off the face of the map, like he done with Israel.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by john124

Yeah...your still not telling me why Iran would attack the uk...as for your biological weapons quote.Another moot point,because they have them they will use them? they didn't in the war with Iraq...iraq was backed by the Usa in this little adventure i might add aswell.

If the regime has a large internal split, as cracks are beginning to appear, the supreme leader and his loyal thugs will become desperate and will be capable of anything. We already see desperate tactics to keep people off streets in Tehran and other cities by massacres.

They are an illegitimate and irresponsible government and I nor anyone else with an ounce of common sense would trust them to have these weapons. After all they are making threats directly towards the UK and that consequences will follow. Shall we interpret that as them not sending us a birthday card next year?

If they were a responsible government in charge then it would be a different story, and reasonable negotiations between parties would gradually remove WMDs through trust.

Anyway back to my point about the regime getting more desperate as it declines. After massacring so many Iranian's things aren't just going to go back to normal, it may take years.... but the regime cannot regain it's full control ever again without resorting to severe oppression, violence and killings, which is digging themselves into an even bigger hole.

If on their way out the regime provokes a war with someone, and the supreme leader doesn't want Iran to fall into western hands knowing his regime will lose. Then after fleeing or attempting to flee he will have nothing to lose by ordering his loyal revolutionary guards to attack countries like Israel and Britain, and in any resulting war I'm sure the sicko Khamenei would revel in the fact that he's taking Iran with him to hell.

If you talk to Iranian's you realise that there is nothing that this sicko isn't capable of. But of course you think you know everything all on your own don't you.

In fact your question was so easy all I had to say was -> "I don't trust psychopathic Islamic fundamentalists with WMDs. And neither should you if you opened your eyes for once"

edit: and the Iraq-Iran wasn't as one-sided as any resulting future war with Iran-Nato. Maybe Russia will give vocal support but that won't be enough. An Islamic fundamentalist would probably use WMDs if they were about to be defeated, I think that's a fairly logical assumption.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by john124

I wonder how long it is going to be before the idiot, in Iran calls for the UK to be wiped off the face of the map, like he done with Israel.

Except he didn't and the translation from farsi to english was corrected in less than five hours after the western media started talking such tripe....here we are,years later...and people still believe it.

John,show me where he is threatening to attack the UK..i dont think you will find much.If you are talking about the recent tit for tat...that goes on with all countries ALL the time.British media goes on the offensive against Iran,Brown freezes over one hundred billion dollars of Iranian assest in theUk...Iran holds Uk embassy workers for questioning(and releases them) tit for tat like i said,hardly an excuse to invade a country,kill thousands of Iranian citizens and british soldiers.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Well this has many interpretations from what Ahmadinejad said, but all are just as bad as each other -> "Wiped off the map" or "Vanish from the pages of time" are the two most common translations.

Anyway Ahmadinejad has made several references to Israel disappearing, and later said no move Israel to canada is what he meant. Ahmadinejad just talks complete #e and is a complete idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if he says similar things about the UK.

The supreme leader's threats towards the UK are getting more hostile, and I expect in his sick mind he will justify threatening the UK more directly, whether or not he actually says he will attack is irrelevant, because his disgusting behaviour and language towards the UK is not far off an act of war. And not what you would expect from someone who you feel you can negiotiate or have reasonable dialogue with in the near future.

Being realistic... we know Israel won't stand for a nuclear armed Iran, and Biden said yesterday the US won't stop Israel. So putting the issue of whether we agree or not about an Israeli airstrike to one side, which would start an inevitable large middle-eastern war, we can agree that the way things are going this course of action looks likely. And so, yes Europe and the UK are at risk from Iran's WMDs.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Except he didn't and the translation from farsi to english was corrected in less than five hours after the western media started talking such tripe....here we are,years later...and people still believe it.

Listen mate, that argument is pointless. He was still making direct threats, read my previous post.

Is it OK to say Israel will soon disappear, or even threaten the Israeli govt. that it will soon vanish from the pages of time??!!!!

Your argument holds no ground whatsoever in defence of the regime.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

John,show me where he is threatening to attack the UK..i dont think you will find much.If you are talking about the recent tit for tat...that goes on with all countries ALL the time.British media goes on the offensive against Iran,Brown freezes over one hundred billion dollars of Iranian assest in theUk...Iran holds Uk embassy workers for questioning(and releases them) tit for tat like i said,hardly an excuse to invade a country,kill thousands of Iranian citizens and british soldiers.

They are still holding one embassy worker actually, and are charging him with evidence obtained through torture.

I'll repeat this to answer your question here ->

Being realistic... we know Israel won't stand for a nuclear armed Iran, and Biden said yesterday the US won't stop Israel. So putting the issue of whether we agree or not about an Israeli airstrike to one side, which would start an inevitable large middle-eastern war, we can agree that the way things are going this course of action looks likely. And so, yes Europe and the UK are at risk from Iran's WMDs.

And I'll also repeat that Ahmadinejad's speeches misinterpreted are irrelevant... he didn't say lets be friends with Israel, he said he wants Israel to disappear, and later he lies by retracting and saying he didn't mean that, he meant for the people to disappear. And then later says he actually meant for them to move to Canada. The guy is a plank... and you fall for his bull#.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Is it ok to call for the end of the iranian regime like we do all the time...yet Iran does the same when it comes to Israel and everything is black and white...we are good,they are evil? And lets not forget Israel has DIRECTLY threatened Iran with a military attack multiple times.A question i always ask,nuclear weapons and Israel...illegal and yet we are bickering over countries that might or may have them in the future illegally? I can't stand double standards..and thats what this is.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Is it ok to call for the end of the iranian regime like we do all the time...yet Iran does the same when it comes to Israel and everything is black and white...we are good,they are evil? And lets not forget Israel has DIRECTLY threatened Iran with a military attack multiple times.A question i always ask,nuclear weapons and Israel...illegal and yet we are bickering over countries that might or may have them in the future illegally? I can't stand double standards..and thats what this is.

No it's not, your naivety is quite clear to me.

You don't see the difference between countless provocations made by the Islamic regime since 1979, and the free world saying this is unacceptable. Aren't Israel allowed to tell Iran the consequences of the regime's provocations! Either you're extremely young or you don't look far back enough in history.

If your opinion is that Israel has used too much rhetoric and has made the problem worse, then that still does not change the facts of the matter of how the regime were making provocations and threats in the first place. And how does it solve the issue???... do you just expect it to go away, or for Israel and Iran to just get along?!! Come and live in the real world please.

You have made no reasonable argument yet that can defend this regime, yet you contine to. Your best argument is some black and white double standards, which after analysing the situation properly turns to full HD colour with surround sound.

Let me repeat this for you... The Iranian Islamic regime is not a responsible government, therefore should not have nuclear weapons. You may trust them, but I don't. Funnily enough does Obama, does any leaders of EU countries? Oh and please don't spout conspiracy theories like the NWO as fact, as that has about as much foundations as a sand castle.

The argument of we have nukes in the west, Israel has them, so the regime can have them is obselete. That argument has finished a long ago, and has been proven utterly incorrect. The majority of the world has moved on, and are looking for solutions to the crisis - For people in Iran to live in freedom without an oppressive regime, and for the rest of the world to not have to put up with their bull# and threats.

I'm not saying I have solutions for this, thankfully I don't have to take responsilibility for any outcomes in there is a war, but I do know that I can blame the regime for most atrocities as they are the one's making the provocations. YES... the regime are making the provocations, and don't dare to accuse the west or Israel of being too provocative by taking things out of context, when they are defending their human rights to exist. Because that's insulting to all freedom loving human beings. And yes we are all human beings, and so may say things in anger, but to equate that to being too provocative every time is pathetic.

The regime's provocations towards the free world and everyone wanting freedom are pathetic, disgusting and the closest thing to evil we've seen since the nazis. And that would cause anger and resentment towards them wouldn't it, or in your small mind you feel people in the free world should put up with this, and not say a word back in case we cause offence. Get real! And join the real world with the rest of us!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Nothing to do with NWO,naivety nor the gracious leaders we in the west are so glad to have.
Double standards, like i said in my previous post and something you didn't address in yours.Tell me, what is the difference between illegal nuclear weapons and illegal nuclear weapons.I'd like to know where you are coming from.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

You added something else there....

Let me say this for the umpteenth time. I have not said to invade over the issue of this at all.

I have outlined everything quite clear as to the procedure we should go through. And the regime are unreasonable so I don't expect negotiations to work, but we have to try first using the UN as a starting point from now after strong condemnations from EU leaders.

Why can't you actually make a relevant point for once without using these straw-man tactics, with irrelevant and incorrect accusations of something you seem to think I've said?

Or is your argument that the regime isn't the disgusting entity I described because you disagree with invading them. What??!!! I mean that seems about your only point put forwards, and other points entirely in black and white, and a poor attempt at equating double standards where circumstances obviously don't show this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Nothing to do with NWO,naivety nor the gracious leaders we in the west are so glad to have.
Double standards, like i said in my previous post and something you didn't address in yours.Tell me, what is the difference between illegal nuclear weapons and illegal nuclear weapons.I'd like to know where you are coming from.

I did just explain that to you in terms of the lack of responsibility of the Iranian regime.

The responsibility of the governments in possession are the main factor. This regime are the most likely of those to use them on civilians indiscriminantly, apart from Israel, Britain and the USA being the obvious first targets.

And since for the world to become a safer & better place to live nukes have to be reduced at some point. Those that have them cannot reduce them if countries like Iran continue to develop them. We have to start reducing them at some stage, and the more nukes obtained by N.Korea and nukes obtained by terrorist regimes and organisations, the more difficult this becomes.

I don't see how anyone can have your viewpoint unless you're a halfwit or a regime spy. You're persistent, which the regime spies usually aren't so I would have to just say you're a halfwit.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Cheers for calling me a halfwit,very original.If israel is as responsible as you say...why apart from China do they have the largest spy ring inside America.And also tell me,why such an ally has nukes pointed at every major city in Europe and America?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

reply to post by john124

I don't see how anyone can have your viewpoint unless you're a halfwit or a regime spy. You're persistent, which the regime spies usually aren't so I would have to just say you're a halfwit.

Holy crap what a thread, is this some kind of a sick joke or are you really that brainwashed by the british media to REALLY think that Iranian regime poses some kind of a threat to you?

Israel is the only country in the world today (perhaps with north korea) that people should consentrate to. Definately a bad sign when news like this start popping up in the media, absolutely ridiculous propaganda attempt!

And no, i am not a muslim.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by scordar]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Cheers for calling me a halfwit,very original.If israel is as responsible as you say...why apart from China do they have the largest spy ring inside America.And also tell me,why such an ally has nukes pointed at every major city in Europe and America?

Well you asked the most absurd & ridiculous of questions that has the characteristics of someone with something somewhat lacking.

I'll try and refrain from laughing at your further absurb questions.
whoops.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by scordar

reply to post by john124

Holy crap what a thread, is this some kind of a sick joke or are you really that brainwashed by the british media to REALLY think that Iranian regime poses some kind of a threat to you?

Israel is the only country in the world today (perhaps with north korea) that people should consentrate to. Definately a bad sign when news like this start popping up in the media, absolutely ridiculous propaganda attempt!

And no, i am not a muslim.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by scordar]

I didn't say they were the largest threat to the UK. But nevertheless they may pose a threat to us at some point. And any form of oppression is a threat to the evolution of the human race and human rights.

I make my own determinations without being brainwashed by anyone - not the regime, not any media. I don't recall British media actually stating that in the event of war Iran's missiles could or would be fired at London anyway.

You mix up propaganda with good insight, knowledge and real news. Use your head and think about it, use your brain please. Can you actually say you've thought about this issue, or are you just another person who has a random opinion based on little thought or knowledge?

The main issue is the people of Iran being repressed, and I don't think reporting this on newsnight is any form of propaganda. This is broadcasting events going off in Iran, and that's called reporting the news if you didn't realise by now. We're all human beings, we can't separate these issues and and pretend they don't have connections, or that they don't exist.

The Iranian people are the one's under the severest threat, and any threat the regime poses to the UK may come about or be made worse as a result of our response to this oppression and the regime's strong negativity towards the UK. And this is in terms of failing to condemn it properly, and deal with it appropriately using the UN as a strong starting point.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

There are countless a-hole regimes in the world, in middle east, africa, south america, practically everywhere. It is just those that happen to have some kind of natural resources (oil perhaps...) needs to have their people 'liberated'?
Like Iraq?
some liberation, how many dead civilians? 1 million?

I think it is propaganda and ONLY propaganda! There is no other point in releasing news like this at the same time when israel commits crimes against the humanity at daily basis.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

Well you asked the most absurd & ridiculous of questions that has the characteristics of someone with something somewhat lacking.

I'll try and refrain from laughing at your further absurb questions.
whoops.

And i will refrain from asking a simple question expecting an answer,i think we all benefited from this little debate.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is BS. The BBC is just a bunch of conspiracy theorists, they are full of it. They are making stuff up to make their life more interesting. This is total non-sense.

See? I'm using the same arguments they use against us when we expose them...

BBC, SHOW SOME GUTS AND EXPOSE YOURSELF.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join