It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Christian God A Bit of A Psychopath?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My own beliefs: Firstly I’ll say that I'm an individual, and that I follow my own individualistic beliefs (i.e. no part of any religion, for it’s own sake).
Yet Paranormal Evidence, and speculative reasoning, permit me (personally) to believe in things like: an afterlife, order out of chaos, the holy spirits, Reincarnation, and God “The Greater Right”.

Meanwhile the fact two of the world’s most open minded (and intelligent people) can have completely different views on a simple question like “Is the death penalty ever right?” Confirms to me of the inability of any human to truly know anything at all.
After all there is always a (distant) possibility that you and me are in an asylum for the chronically delusional, or were born inside a computer matrix, or that reality is in some other way a delusion. The chances of all (or any) of this may be incredibly small, but the fact the chance can’t be completely eliminated by our understanding shows that not only are we incapable of truly knowing anything, but that this incapability can also only increase with any extra uncertainty provided in questions, beyond things like: “am I:” “Alive or dead?” “Sane or Insane?”

But…

I’ve long questioned whether the Christian God (taught to you from the bible) is a psychopath? The first reason is this…

If you had a next door neighbour who…
a. Rejected Christ & Religion
b. Was truly guilty of burgling a family home
c. And was without compassion or remorse for his crimes

Would you be right to go into his home, drag him into the back garden, then douse his body in petrol (head to toe) and set fire to him for say 3 minutes? Or maybe 6 minutes? Or 12? Or how about 999999999999999999999999999999999r9 minutes?

What Would You Achieve?
1. Would you teach his consciousness the differences between right or wrong?
2. Would you comfort his family (who in Christianity could well be perfectly great people?)
3. Would you achieve anything that’s tangible in this world if he had already died of natural causes?
4. Would you achieve anything that’s tangible (or worth having) in the afterlife? What would this be? Is e.g. heaven say powered by the screams of the suffering? If so why and how?

Imagine (hypothetically for a minute) if it was Jehovah, and not his son who temporarily came to earth with the powers of just as a man. Would he be a national leader, or another vigil anti who is sent to a person for the criminally insane?

Dear Christians; so surely mankind’s justice-correction system here on earth is devilish because it does not include execution (by slow) incineration on the books?
After all we can’t of course build heaven on earth, or follow God without error. But as followers of the Bible should we not at least aspire to follow God’s ways?

If God would (as a person) be sent to jail for dousing criminals in petrol, surely this prison punishment may be on path with the likes of crucifying his son?

2. Next Problem: The Two Path Afterlife System…
Catholics: This doesn’t affect you, since some saint thought inventing Purgatory would be a good idea (I use the word “invent” for purgatory, because like many Catholic teachings it’s written nowhere in the bible).

But in the heaven and hell only system what happens when two people are on the brink of either heaven or hell? What exactly could be the “straw that breaks the camels back” E.g. ….
You have two people who killed their abusive lovers-partners for similar reasons. Both truly regret it, and say they accept Christ. Yet one regrets it more than the other, but the other also stole once or twice.
Therefore one will go inside the incinerator forever, whilst the other will dance in the endless gardens with the endless skies, forever as forever may be.

Is it just me, or is such small things accounting for infinitely wide, because they’re everlasting differences, a really messed up system?
Surely a designer of the universe would instead choose something like the reincarnation system (something there happens to be real world evidence for, in e.g. the hypnotic field known as “Regression”)

The Immoral Stupidity of Hell & Purgatory…
One problem with these entities (as separate reality plains, or dimensions) is it means god ends up enabling (brand new) soles to become things like e.g. battery chickens (or for those who doubt animals have soles) then he at least does it for the soles of newborn human babies born in e.g. times of famine, war, or possibly even Nazi style, extermination centres.
But all the time he could instead choose to use the soles of the sinful dead to fulfil roles of suffering on Earth. Given the nature of ignorance; this might not be entirely fair, but it would surely be a lot fairer than sending innocent soles of creatures-children into disrupted lives of doom & suffering?

Needless to say I believe in reincarnation as I wouldn’t expect much less from a-the designer of the universe. Perhaps then (not incidentally) there some good real world evidence for it en.wikipedia.org...
To all the sceptics who wonder if this allows me to think “it’s ok to e.g. be cruel to animals”; then the answer is No!, as I believe by being cruel to a animal I will increase my chances of someday sharing it’s fate.
It’s the only way the system could (logically) balance out. If I truly regret my sins I will also accept the consequences, and if I don’t regret them, then I perhaps deserve other consequences as well, as this could at least spare the truly regretful some of my fate.

3.Third Problem: The Never-ending War Between God and Devil

According two the bible there are two “kings”, one of good and one of evil. These beings are very intelligent (far more intelligent than any man that walked the earth).
Yet they hate each other, and so far have spent the start of time fighting a war between one another.

Is it just me, or is there not something inheritably stupid (more stupid than mankind in fact) about fighting a war since the start of time?
Especially if it would be better for all if the war was replaced with a competition? This is because competition (unlike war) achieves something useful.
This is demonstrated by giving a class a exam, or the way capitalism works better than communism, or the way the qualifying team for football match achieves players of very a high physical ability (and or standards).

The competition would of course still be for the soles of men & creatures.
The Dark Side would think it’s good to tempt people (in life) to do things that are wrong, e.g. an animal sacrifice. As by doing this they prove-declare themselves much more worthy (than a brand new sole) of being a lab dog, battery chicken, or starving refugee on an Oxfam TV appeal (in the next life of course).

Followers of God on the other hand would try to encourage people into doing things that are good. This is because they know that good decision making reduces the need for suffering, as well as entitles people into the world of heaven.

The competition could still be never ending, at least as long as both the Dark Side and the Good hold the followers of the Dark Side in contempt (i.e. for being fallibly human-weak).
It would therefore fit in quite nicely with the idea in Christianity that the reason why the devil has a problem with God, is because he has a problem with man in heaven.

But it would still be a competition, not a war.

The fact the creature (apparently) prefers war over competition is (to me) just more evidence of him being a psychopath.

What do you think?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Your entire argument, IMHO, is irrelavent. God is not a psychopath, people are psychopaths.

No person living on this earth can really say what heaven or hell is like. We will find out when we do. People have used these tools to put fear into the people.

I believe in God, but I don't believe in a lot of people.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Comsence2075]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Is the christian god a bit of a psycho?

NO!

hes a complete psycho. one indication might be the fact that abraham didnt seem to question that his "loving" god would want his son to be sacrificed.

also the whole jesus thing is pretty insane too.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i've always found it hard to believe that god would go on an emo rage and destroy cities because people were gay, the wrong color creed or religion so i've never really put much stock in to the 'angry god'

to me it sounds more like some info got twisted somewhere along the lines

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Comsence2075

People are psychopaths

Agreed! But why does that mean a God who chucks sinners into a incinerator forever and ever isn't a psychopath?

No person living on this earth can really say what heaven or hell is like.

Although I agree no person should think they know what Hell-Heaven is like, the fact is if you believe the Bible-Korean then you think you do. After all both books claim a pretty good understanding; do they not?
The question is say the understanding is real, what does that make God?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Life was VERY VERY different for people back then. The only times He did do things which you would consider "evil" was when it was deserved and by the fault of man not Him. Back then think Atlantis. People lived alongside "alien and human hybrids." The aliens I refer to are the fallen angels and the Nephilim. Ever heard of Achilles? Nephilim blood. Illuminati? Nephilim blood. Descendants of Cain. Eve and Satan had sexual relations and thus God grew angry with her and put an enmity (hatred or rivalry) between the serpent seed and the seed of Eve. You must read that passage carefully to see who is really being put to mutual hatred. Not Adam and Eve. Satan and Eve first, then Adam "ate the fruit" afterward. So in a sense Satan made sexual desire look like a pathway to becoming like God. They were innocent and they did not know but still chose to disobey God for the desire of being like Him. Funny thing is they didn't know a curse until they fell from grace and all Creation was cursed with what we know today as "normality." Heat. Sweating. Water. Survival needs. Global warming in natural cycles, hectic weather patterns etc. This whole line of human history is to get us back to that stage when humanity was not fallen. It is a process to take many many many years but we're living in the End Times as we speak. Now it's all a matter on what we do to trigger the "Tribulations" Period.

EDIT: People also believe the Church lie of Heaven and Hell. If that were really so there would be no need for The End Times. The dead are conscious of nothing. You don't just go to heaven or hell when you die. All people go to Sheol and rest there. Then they will be judged after the Resurrection if they will learn the ways of the Lord during the 1000 years. So think of people who never knew the Teaching or Him. However those that are condemned already will not see eternal life. They put themselves where they are so they will put themselves into the Lake of Fire where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched EVER.

Trust in the Teachings of The Elohim and Yeshua His Christ (Messiah or anointed) not the twisted dogmas of men.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I completely agree and this was one of the big reasons I discarded Christianity.

I wouldn't send a person to be tortured until the end of time, for something they did in a single lifetime, no matter how bad it was. I wouldn't do that to someone out of mercy, and I'm not even God!

Not only that, but the Greek Bible's only reference to an amount of time was "eon" and that just means an undefined period of time. So mainstream religion took a big lie and ran with it, so that even I was raised taught that there was an eternal hell if you don't believe in God, etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

Your entire argument, IMHO, is irrelavent. God is not a psychopath, people are psychopaths.

And people were made in the image of god so there you go. As jesus yahweh god is the (allegedly ) creator of everything then god is the creator of psychopathic behaviour.

No person living on this earth can really say what heaven or hell is like.

Of course not, because they are imaginary.

We will find out when we do. People have used these tools to put fear into the people.

So there you go, ideas made up to keep dumb people under control and women in the kitchen. 10/10 for observation

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Trust in the Teachings of The Elohim and Yeshua His Christ (Messiah or anointed) not the twisted dogmas of men.

Ahum, those teachings are the dogmas of men

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Comsence2075

I believe in God, but I don't believe in a lot of people.

Not to worry, because a lot of people believe in you .

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well let's just say if God visited a psychologist in this world, he would most certainly be prescribed copious amounts of medications, he would definitely be committed as a danger to others and for believing in signs, and psychopath and schizophrenic would be a few of many nouns attributed to him. If I was a psychologist, I certainly wouldn't want to face God in the next world.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
the fact is if you believe the Bible-Korean then you think you do. After all both books claim a pretty good understanding; do they not?
The question is say the understanding is real, what does that make God?

You meant the bible and koran (quran).......correct. If so why is it your title is aimed at discrediting Christianity and not Christian/Muslim God.

Just another Christian bashing thread imho...which is fine as you're entitled to your beliefs or lack thereof.

This just goes to show how poeople are still threatened and try to disprove Christianity thousands of years later.I myself am not very religous but spiritual in my beliefs of God.

And the ONE God of us all is not crazy... just that our fragile little minds couldn't begin to comprehend the reasoning and logic of the all mighty.(kind of like you trying to explain the meaning of life to a monkey) ...It just ain't gonna happen.

Man thinks he is beyond intelligence and has a grasp of the infinite when he actually hasn't even scratched the surface and we never will with all the uselesness we allow ourselves to be preoccupied with. Sort of like me answering theis question.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Remember just because humanity THINKS everything is fine because it's the 21st century and old books from the BC and during Christ era should mean nothing still does not mean that God does not know that there will be a 21st century that will be the last generation. He planned the End from the Beginning.

The generation far in the future that the Scriptures talk about is the one that the Scriptures really need to be spread around in because it's almost thought of as mythology when in fact the word history says everything. Look at it closer only use the s for both words.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by Revealation

You meant the bible and koran (quran).......correct. If so why is it your title is aimed at discrediting Christianity and not Christian/Muslim God.

The reason why I didn’t mention the Islamic god or any other god that preaches eternal incineration as their God’s idea of holy justice, is because I am fully aware that most people view Islam as a pile of BS. This is evident to most people from the way they treat their women, stone people to death, or execute homosexuals ect.

And the ONE God of us all is not crazy...

I too believe the one God of us all is not crazy. However I don’t even give it a one out of ten chance that he is the Jehovah (at least in the bible-korean, cult next door ect).
In my opinion the reason why you get put in an incinerator forever if you don’t lead a good, Christian life, is the same as the reason why (according to Jehovah’s Witnesses) that the world is always going to end soon after tomorrow.
I.e. Both a effective ways of recruiting people to you’re religion. It has nothing to do with truth, or enlightenment, and everything with a fanatical need to pass ones beliefs to others (for whatever purpose) (and there are many materialistic-“spiritual” reasons
to use deception to pass on a religion) (after all if you don’t, they all go to hell!!!).

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think we as humans are very silly in attempting to decipher questions like these. We weren't built to understand such a vast and complex topic as God, or the afterlife.

We don't know anything, and we should stick to that moto, for if there is a God, I'm sure he'd appreciate that more than the Bible Thumpers who claim they know everything.

It's very arrogant if you ask me. And what would be the point I ask? Why would you wanna know what's at the other end of the tunnel? Would it not ruin the whole trip?

Ofcourse it would. There is a purpose here, but it's not to figure out what the purpose here is. I think our job here is to figure out that we can't figure anything out and live life as we can.

We are ignorant and arrogant creatures, walking on this Earth upright and opposable thumbs have made us all elitists. We are a product of THIS Earth, which means we are apart of everything here, we're just made up of same stuff, with a different blue print.

I preach the gospel of I don't know when it comes to these things. As far as the OP's questions is concerned:

Yes, the Sun is a Psychopath, that will burn you if you aren't careful or abuse it.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I agree with the earlier poster in that God isn't a psychopath. People are psychopathic. As for Heaven and Hell, there's supposedly a book that I have not been able to find, it's title is The Gospel of Peter. Funny, isn't it that a gospel written by or of Peter is not included in the Christian Bible? After all, it's written that Peter was given the keys to Heaven by Jesus. He was said to be the rock upon which the Christian church was built. What I have heard is that the gospel attributed to Peter explained that Jesus told Peter that there was NO Hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You mean the Abrahamic god?

Yeah. He's off his rocker.

Left, right, this, that, and not in an all encompassing way, either, more like Ed from Human Resources. Yeah, the guy who gives everybody a different answer for the same question.

Kill, don't kill, live and let live, kill, take life, don't take life..

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam can be summed up like this...

I'm reading the New Testament right now, as I couldn't quite understand the old testament and will wait until somebody can properly explain it to me. There is truth and beauty so far, but far outweighing that is clinical insanity.

This book in my honest opinion was written by men. Men who believed in fanciful tales only paralleled by Greek mythology as they could not reason as to why and what life is all about. Even then, rarely were people educated in a caste system (which is true until this day.. Look at India). Even within Judaism holy castes played a huge role in control of the masses and often the most "holy" of men were also the wealthiest. Men could say anything and as long as other people believed them, there was no fault.

Men being swallowed by fish and living within them for days, talking burning trees, parting seas with a stick, and an old man "Elijah" cursing 42 boys because they called him "bald" which ended in god sending two female bears that ripped the group of young children to pieces.

All ridiculous things that never happened. Not then. Not now. Not in a million years.

Though, It wouldn't be wise to just write off the bible as some collection of fairytales. This book is a compliation of very wise fables and some truths that I find very inspiring. So far Matthew has probably had the most profound effect on me, and while I'm reading, I get bored and I'll go back to it just to read over it because I think it is so powerful.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you will notice Genesis, chapter 22:12

Abraham Tested

"Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

NIV Holy Bible

I don't believe the message was "God is psycho"

It may seem so at first but think about it. God opened Sarah's womb and made Isaac. Now, her only son was to be used as a burnt sacrifice to God.

Why sacrifice to God to even begin with? Why would he ask Abraham to kill his favorite son? Those are the questions you guys look at and say, "whoah, this God sucks."

Anyway, the moral is, Abraham is afraid of God. That's what God wanted. To me it would be the utimate test. True humility. I wouldn't even fathom the thought of killing my own son (if I had one and I do not like killing anything) yet Abraham was so scared of God, he would do whatever God asked. If God did open Sarah's womb to give birth to Isaac, he can surely open her womb again and give birth to another. And God is so powerful I'm sure if Abraham really killed Isaac, Isaac would be the first human to be resurrected from the dead. But, alas thank goodness God didn't really want Isaac as an offering.

So, is God really psycho? If he sent an Angel out and stopped Abraham from doing that, then no. If Abraham did kill Isaac, then yeah, God is psycho. But God is a loving God and if you read that chapter, you can honestly tell even God was surprised at Abraham.

As for destroying Sodom and Gomorrah,...

Honestly think about it.

How is it all the men in that town wanted to have sex with the two angels? Was it because they loved them? NO. Now doesn't that broaden God's ways a bit? He destroyed the towns because they were terribly evil. Would you guys be happy if you arrived in a new city and all the males wanted to stick their fishing rod up your creek? None of them had any feelings for you. They just wanted sex. Considering you are male of course. I have no idea about females but I could guess no because Lot's daughters were virgins. I know that love isn't a sin but if a man loves a man (I guess like true love) then I have no idea how God will judge them. I don't hate anyone although I will feel a tad bit uncomfortable if a guy came up and asked if he could sodomize my lower half. Gross!!! As for the killing part, I'm pretty sure God doesn't want us killing each other. I see it as this though, "If God can create, then he can also destroy". He gives you life, He most certainly can take it away. I doubt He kills anymore though because He loves his creations so much and it shows in the "New Testament".

Anyway, from what I've read in the Bible, I haven't found one verse that made me want to call God psycho. But, everyone sees different things and has different opinions. Anyway, have fun reading the rest. It does get pretty entertaining and has good messages. Anyway, God Bless guys.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good

here here .and yes water does taste good, and must make for clear thinking.thats the message i get . no doubt fear can be a good thing. if you love your child, some fear instilled can be a good thing. they will listen
when you say don't go in the street. God must be to the point of the more fear the better.can't blame him. deny ignorance not Chirist.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I'm reading the New Testament right now, as I couldn't quite understand the old testament and will wait until somebody can properly explain it to me.

Well there you go, doesn't that speak volumes , a god has a message for you, but you have to wait until somebody (a human) can properly explain it.

This is a joke my friend, who you gonna call ? Ghostbusters ?

Dude do yourself a favor, unless your going to use a bible to observe the contradictions errors and general BS, throw it in the bin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join