It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link between sunspot peaks and influenza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While researching sunspots, I came across the following information. I found it to be rather interesting considering.

Taken from en.wikipedia.org...

Research has shown surprising correlations between sunspot activity and human health and behavior:

Mutations in the influenza virus, and subsequent flu pandemics, correlate to sunspot peaks. During no less than 17 of the last solar cycles, sunspot peaks precede increased flu activity, including the 1918-19 "Spanish Flu" pandemic which followed a sunspot peak in 1917.[14]
During at least five of these periods, the Influenza-A virus underwent antigenic shifts that allowed the virus to bypass built-up immunity in the population.[15]

Research conducted by Biometeorological Research Center in the Netherlands supports the proposition that solar activity causes lowered human immunity: Thirty years of research using 740,000 male subjects shows that blood sedimentation rates—and resulting albumin and gamma globulin rates—changes with the sunspot cycle, further exacerbated by lunar cycle coincidence

Topic also covered in Swine Flu and other Diseases and Pandemics forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very cool!
I believe sunspots have far more of an affect on our planet and everything on it than we realize.
What we already know, may just be the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

????????????????????? This is way wacky science if you ask me. You had better read some more on this stuff, with all due respect.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

????????????????????? This is way wacky science if you ask me. You had better read some more on this stuff, with all due respect.

yeah and at one time the world was flat, there were no other planets, and the sun revolved around us....real wacky huh?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

What was that earth not flat thing ??
Im told santa goes down there ?? Not true

Nah , Im just biting your leg..

Warm climate should be perfect for bacteria and flu viruses one should think.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A wee bit off topic..but food for though none the less:

Historically, research has been conducted to link the 11 year cycle of the sun to changes in human behavior and society. The most famous research had been done by professor A.L. Tchijevsky, a Russian scientist, who presented a paper to the American Meteorological Society at Philadelphia in the late 19th century. He prepared a study of the history of mass human movement compared to the solar cycle, beginning with the division of the Solar cycle into four parts: 1) Minimum sunspot activity; 2) increasing sunspot activity; 3) maximum sunspot activity; 4) Decreasing sunspot activity. He then divided up the agitation of mass human movements into five phases:

1) provoking influence of leaders upon masses

2) the "exciting" effect of emphasized ideas upon the masses

3) the velocity of incitability due to the presence of a single psychic center

4) the extensive areas covered by mass movements

5) Integration and individualization of the masses

By these comparisons he constructed an "Index of Mass Human Excitability" covering each year from 500 B.C. to 1922 A.D. He investigated the histories of 72 countries in that period, noting signs of human unrest such as wars, revolutions, riots, expeditions and migrations, plus the number of humans involved. Tchijevsky found that fully 80% of the most significant events occurred during the years of maximum sunspot activity. He maintained that the "exciting" period may be explained by an acute change in the nervous and psychic character of humanity, which takes place at sunspot maxima.
Tchijevsky discovered that the solar minimum is the lag period when repression is tolerated by the masses, as if they lacked the vital energy to make the needed changes. He found that during the sunspot maximum, the movement of humans is also at its peak.

www.borderlands.com...

Iam going to wager that sunspot activity has the same effect on viruses...an "exciting" period during the peak cycles.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is sunspot activity linked to climate? That could be a theoretical mechanism to explain this data if it's substantial.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Some doctors feel that the flu is a vitamin D deficiency disease and that is why it manefests itself during the winter months and during the rainy season in the more tropical regions.

Vitamin D tissue saturation in humans is higher with greater UVA UVB presence. A global "miasma" would be most frequently associated with prolonged solar minimums, I would think.

Vitamin D supplements and even injections make more sense than vaccines and are pretty safe.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Food for thought indeed.

That really make's me wonder. Gotta love ATS.

Is this why Kimmy is so charged atm?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Some doctors feel that the flu is a vitamin D deficiency disease and that is why it manefests itself during the winter months and during the rainy season in the more tropical regions.

Vitamin D tissue saturation in humans is higher with greater UVA UVB presence. A global "miasma" would be most frequently associated with prolonged solar minimums, I would think.

Vitamin D supplements and even injections make more sense than vaccines and are pretty safe.

Great googling. But a theory by some doctors does not make it more believable as fact. We are seeing the flu year round now, not just winter months. And if anything, people are more in tune with positive health now than previous flu pandemics. Vitamin D is supplemented in many foods, and many people use outdoor recreation for exercise.
Do you have a chart/graph, showing the correlation between a vitamin D deficiency and the flu virus, (which constantly mutates, hence voiding the validity of any such findings)?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It all starts to come together in a conspiratorial mind....

..release the laboratory created super mutating virus just preceding substantial solar activity...

Regarding the Vit D issue, I did read in one of the Swine Flu threads about stocking up on D3 mainly to avoid the flu.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The main article I relied on was "Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead", by Donald W. Miller, Jr. MD. But there are others.

Anyhow, I believe it. There are plenty of articles behind the science involved in the vaccines, and many of them are quite frightening.

Google search "Tommy Thomson refuses to take vaccine". This refers to the 2002 campaign to get the entire population vaccinated for a smallpox epidemic, mandatory vaccination, and how the whole thing fell apart after initial serious side reactions.

My mother was quite sick a few months ago right at the top of the year. Flu? Definately pheneumonia, seven days in emergency and ICU. She let the hospital with a prescription for 50,000IU of Vitamin D to be taken once weekly. Dosage seemed quite high so I looked it up. She got well.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The main article I relied on was "Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead", by Donald W. Miller, Jr. MD. But there are others.

Anyhow, I believe it. There are plenty of articles behind the science involved in the vaccines, and many of them are quite frightening.

Google search "Tommy Thomson refuses to take vaccine". This refers to the 2002 campaign to get the entire population vaccinated for a smallpox epidemic, mandatory vaccination, and how the whole thing fell apart after initial serious side reactions.

My mother was quite sick a few months ago right at the top of the year. Flu? Definately pheneumonia, seven days in emergency and ICU. She let the hospital with a prescription for 50,000IU of Vitamin D to be taken once weekly. Dosage seemed quite high so I looked it up. She got well.

And i would equate that to the same science behind chemo curing cancer.
perhaps she had a deficiency to begin with, but when a dosage was added her immune system kicked in. however, everyone's body chemistry is different. hence why some die of the flu, and others get well.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have read that article before about the link between sun activity and influenza.

The worrisome thing is that right now we are in a solar miniumum, the sun has been spotless with no activity for the most part (until this weekend, which is the most activity in two years).

Scientists claim that the next solar maximum will be in 2010-2012, meaning that if this theory holds true then the spread of influenza could be worse as we near the solar max.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

science.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

sci.esa.int...

Well, you can ditch that hypothesis: we are currently experiencing the fewest sunspots in fifty years. I been going nuts the last six months or so trying to figure out what's going on with the sun. Most days there are zip sunspots...eerie.

Go see for yourselves: look up the photo archives on the links provided.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We are at the minimum since 2001 now. See the NASA info.
That could support a hypothesis of Vitamin D - however, I have not noticed any effects of sunshine on the viral infections that did not cease since this March. See my earlier thread flu casuses heart attacks and nervous symptoms
and another similar one

new topics

top topics

join