It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea parties number over 1500 today! all over the U.S. (did you see them on the news?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If it there were thousands of people in over 1,500 cities protesting to stop global warming chances are that it would be MAJOR news trumping even Michael Jackson.

So why is it that only two stations barely mentioned it:
Headline news had a 10 second spot on it. Fox news talked about it for about 15 seconds.

and the rest of the MSM ignored it???

do I have to ask?

(even the most raging lib here cannot deny that this issue is being purposely ignored)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I called every number on this list and left them a message as to why they are not reporting on the tea bag parties. I urge you to do the same.
The numbers are all correct.

Contact Fox News:

212-301-3300 Breaking News Desk
212-301-3301 Control Room (Live Broadcasts

* Kathy Ardleigh, Sen. Politics Producer
o Phone: 212-301-3186

* Thom Bird, Fox News Sen. Producer
o Phone: 212-301-3250

* Todd Ciganek, National News Editor
o Phone: 212-301-3352 [This number connects to a fax machine]

* Ian Rae, Exec. VP News
o Phone: 212-301-8552

* John Moody, Sen VP News
o Phone: 212-301-8560

* Brian Lewis, Executive Vice President of Corporate Communications
o Phone: 212-301-3331

* Irena Briganti, Vice President of Media Relations
o Phone: 212-301-3608

* Brian Knoblock, International Editor
o Phone: 212-301-5486

* Kim Schiller Hume, Wash DC Bureau Chief
o Phone: 202-824-6389

* Ken LaCorte, Los Angeles Bureau Chief
o Phone: 310-571-2000

* Justin Schmidt, Chicago Bureau Chief
o Phone: 312-494-0428

* Brit Hume, Managing Editor
o Phone: 202-824-6470

* David Asman, Fox News Host
o Phone: 212-301-3944

* Bill O’Reilly, O’Reilly Factor Host
o Phone: 212-301-3320

* Jane Skinner, News Anchor
o Phone: 212-301-5023

* John Moody, Sen VP News
o Phone: 212-301-8560

* Shepard Smith, Fox Report Host
o Phone: 212-301-3711

[edit on 4-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's definitely being ignored by the state-run media. We aren't having our party until next Saturday because of a local celebration that occurs next weekend anyway. We wanted to take advantage of that. We had 500 people show up at our April 15th party (in a town of 17,000) and we're expecting about 1,000 next Saturday.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

cool.
hang on to this number list and next time they do something stupid we can hammer them.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Bristol, RI had it's annual parade today(which is also the oldest in the nation), and the Tea Party people here had a float in it. It was a float representing the original Boston Tea Party, and was made and sponsored by them.

Thought that was a pretty cool idea to get the word out. There are easily 100-150,000 people at the parade, and it is also televised state-wide.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
Tea parties number over 1500 today! all over the U.S. (did you see them on the news?)

No. But I went to one. The one in downtown Philly at the Liberty Bell.
We did the parade and the Tea Party was right there.
We didn't stay for the whole thing. But what we were there for was interesting.
People from the left and from the right all united for a common cause - AMERICA.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

awesome! it is good to see both sides protesting together.

I wish these a-holes would get over MJ's funeral and start covering the tea parties!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good to see lots of people getting out there to make their voice heard in peacefull parties. I don't think you can look to the MSN to help with news anymore it's too controled. When the people unite and speak with one voice it's louder than all else.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I went to our local Tea Party as a reporter/videographer for our local cable access channel and all the local networks were there. There were more news people there than there were attendees. Pretty pathetic.
Only one old man had the guts to get up on the mic and protest the gov.

There was Ice Tea for the news crews and participants however, courtesy of the organizers.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by JulieMills

I went to our local Tea Party as a reporter/videographer for our local cable access channel and all the local networks were there. There were more news people there than there were attendees. Pretty pathetic.

There was Ice Tea for the news crews and participants however, courtesy of the organizers.

the local networks were there but they are probably airing it locally. Why not nationally? this is huge national news.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just love the way you folks here attempt to hype up this round of tea parties... I mean seriously Iv seen more folks at the annual town hall meeting than the ones in Dayton Ohio... brother.

Originally posted by JulieMills
and the rest of the MSM ignored it???

Because like the media or not they are in the business of making profit over viewer attraction, small time tea parties held by core rightwingers aint exactly an attraction to behold.

Funnily enough fox news is holding this tea party has well... and for some odd reason they are not the mainstream media as well despite them having the largest viewers with the most corporations invested... jeeze.

I really thought this was a chance for an actual real time grassroots movement but it appears tea baggers are incapable of doing so without the help of some repub or fox news... wait fox news gave some attention but that didnt even help?

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

if it seems small time to you it just means the MSM accomplished what they wanted to by not covering it.

Fox Business is right now talking about the tea parties and they just said "the tea baggers had it right all along"

go watch it right now!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Found a video on Fox about one of them. Well, it's sorta about one. It's an interview with Jim Demint and they talk about the tea party in Charleston for the first two minutes of the video.

Here's an article on CNN. Surprisingly it's only factual information this time without any reporter opinions.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think Fox and friends already got the Tea Parties laughed off the world stage with their hijacking of the last one. It will now be ignored which was their plan of course.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Surprisingly it's only factual information this time without any reporter opinions.
I noticed the same thing whenheadline news covered it. it was "just the fact ma'm" and then back to the newsdesk. maybe they learned their lesson?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I was wondering where the tea party news was and in the little listening of talk radio and the news I've gotten to see, I've literally heard nothing.

I actually expected more threads on ATS about it but this is the only one I've found.

Perhaps they are not as big as originally forethought?

Or perhaps they are just being ignored as usual.

I would have been there if I hadn't been on the road 9 hours.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Just a conspiratorial hunch, but me thinks that perhaps the Independence Day tea parties were so much larger than the tax day parties that the media is freaked out. People are ticked off far more now than they were in April. This country is volatile. No one light a match.

I just returned from 2 weeks in Michigan.
Talk about depressing depression. I was in the Flint area and the metro Detriot area. I'm convinced that the actual unemployment numbers are FAR HIGHER in this country than what is being reported. They're only reporting the numbers of people that are currently drawing unemployment - many have run out or never qualified to begin with! You can't hardly drive down a residential street in SE Michigan and not pass ATLEAST one foreclosure. My parents live in a nice neighborhood in Holly, MI and yet there are 5 foreclosures on their street and their home value has dropped 1/3 in the past 2 years. It's incredible. In Waterford, MI, my brother paid $130 for his small 2 bedroom bungalow about 4 years ago. Now, identical homes on his block are selling for $30,000 while he's stuck paying $900+/month for his mortgage.

It's no wonder people are ticked. And yet, to read the Detroit News, their governor is something special. Give me a break. She's a Canadian pageant queen.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Don't worry, we'll get the truth Monday from Lavine or Rush.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I went to one and it got all religious, I think these things are another tool of the church. Freaked me out so I left.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
there's a boatload of tea parties videos posted today

link

independent journalism ftw

here's one

top topics

<<   2 >>

join