It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea parties number over 1500 today! all over the U.S. (did you see them on the news?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The Fox affiliate here in Albuquerque covered the local tea party. I'm not sure how many folks were in attendance, but there was a lot of competition with all the other activities scheduled to celebrate American independence.

[edit on 2009/7/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I attended a tea party in Baton Rouge, Louisiana today. My guess there was about 2500 people there.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I watched a whole segment on it on CNN this afternoon. They highlighted the one in Washington DC. Here's my question. Where were all these people while GW increased the size of government by 60% and increased the deficit at a mind-numbing level? He inherited a surplus, but that didn't take long to get rid of, now did it?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Where were all these people while GW increased the size of government by 60% and increased the deficit at a mind-numbing level?

Sleeping...as was I. It took an historical election...and a baby on the way...to get me to pay attention to politics. The whole system is garbage and corrupt to the bone.....everything is ran by gigantic corporations who pay off Congressman for the favor of their vote....neither party is immune to this...and this is exactly why Liberals will never get what they really want...and why Conservatives will never get what they want as well.

Your Congressman hold your interests second to big business....Nafta and the lack of the enforcement of Anti-trust laws are the culprit....

Ask yourself why no one is fighting against these things....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
small time tea parties held by core rightwingers aint exactly an attraction to behold.

Obviously you've never been to one.

The one I was at yesterday had people from the left, from the right, and everywhere in between. They were UNITED in a common cause, that being 'take back America'.

The more that the frightened far left tries to claim that tea parties are 'core right wingers' stuff ... the less credibility those far lefters have.

Originally posted by contemplator
I went to one and it got all religious, I think these things are another tool of the church. Freaked me out so I left.

Yesterday i saw anti-Abortion people and pro-abortion people AGREE with each other over the lies and the misdirection of the government. Both groups had their ideology, but both found common ground.

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Where were all these people while GW increased the size of government by 60% and increased the deficit at a mind-numbing level?

They were at home cussing up a blue streak with no outlet for their anger because the Tea Parties weren't invented yet. If you ask around at a Tea Party, you'll get folks who were NOT happy with the spending habits of Bush43 - especially for his last 2 years in office.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by JulieMills

He inherited a surplus, but that didn't take long to get rid of, now did it?
He was a spender but hey, wars don't come cheap!

I lost faith in him whe he flaked out on spending and not enforcing the borders...he let alot of us supporters down.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
I noticed the same thing whenheadline news covered it. it was "just the fact ma'm" and then back to the newsdesk. maybe they learned their lesson?

Maybe. I certainly hope so, it's about time they do.

I had planned on going to the tea party in my area this time around, but lack of childcare prevented me from doing so. Two small children and large crowds don't mix well when combined with heat.
There's another round of protests planned for September, on the 12th I think, so hopefully I can go then.

<< 1   >>

join