It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could We Fight a Foreign Attack on U.S. Soil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Well said, and many of those arms are high powered scoped rifles. Most of the people I know could hit a man sized target from 400 yards with better then 60% accuracy. Can you imagine walking into an ambush where most of your fighting force couldn't hit the bad guy if they tried (traditional riflemen)? And the ones that did have the capability would be taken out in the first salvo.

Tanks? Without supporting infantry, a tank cannot hold land or refuel. Jets? Impractical, when you have to actually take and hold land. The wars in Iraq are prime examples of this. They also need gass, and a safe place to get it.

Mabye some cities would be vulnerable, but then again to get to the cities you have to go through alot of open country.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ManWithGrace89]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

The "Chinese" would need complete mastery of the oceans. I don't give a rat's ass how many hundreds or thousands of transports they can load up, the question is, how many would still be afloat three days out of port?

Jesus, man, think.

The early days of WWII, the Germans were sinking ships right and left, and there was little to be done about it. And the convoys also had accompanying destroyers.

Think about the difficulty today with the current weapons: Harpoons, Tomahawks, torpedos, SLAM's.

It would be a Turkey shoot.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

LOL,

So true... not to mention if they did make it, unless we were totally in chaos due to EMP, there is no way a foreign army would survive long against the armed populace.

Only way the U.S. can be occupied by a foreign power is if they were allowed to be here and the populous is disarmed in my opinion. Look how these sh it groups called insurgents and terrorist bogged down our Army in Iraq! And there wasn't millions of them.

If any country in the world thinks occupying the U.S. is possible they would face a force thousands of times greater and more determined than anything ever seen before.

They would have to conduct mass genocide as they advanced (which would galvanize the rest of the country) or face a rifle from every bush, a rifle from every building, and fire from everywhere! (you know, Americans love fire... Molotov cocktails are nice but we REALLY like flame throwers! LOL, love the smell of napalm in the mornin!)

Many non-US members won't get that but for us it is ingrained in our psyche.
We are like the damned Klingons with a "my generation will make it right attitude". Know how many "blaze of glory" hero complex people we have here. What better way to go than on your feet taking a foreign enemy down defending your home soil.. the more evil the enemy the better! They won't reach our families and loved ones while were still standing. That is the main reason the U.S. allowed family members in Germany. If the SHTF the Russians would have met a determined US Army fighting for their families a few miles behind them.... (yeah, they were not going to get through). Same concept stands today.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well first off why would China wanna destabilize its NEW position on the world stage?

To the Chinese, physically attacking the US would be a very poor strategy of aggression.

Think about it, they hold our debt which is a strategic long term move, a war would only
hurt their economy and dominance of the world markets.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This invasion will happen and it will be led by Vladimir Putin, the man who has gathered the nations together to destroy us. Americans that i know wont even consider the possibility so no one will be prepared. If you want to know exactly what will hapen, read Ezekiel, Amos, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Habakuk and more. these books are full of incredible details. Start with my document.

On 10-10-09 the us/israel will do another false flag and on that same day, Russia, China and the SCO are going to destroy America. Russia has told us for two years they will preemptively nuke us over Iran and they have put the hardware in place to do it.

This is the war of Armgeddon and you can know it is now by all the chemtrails hiding the sign in the heavens, Nibiru. This is also the reason the government is now classifying all asteroid events secret.

News and sources here:
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiLieGuy

The last I heard, the Old Testament was written by the Israelites, for the Israelites.

To try to force the US into ancient prophecies is a bit of a stretch. I think I've seen one that may reflect a potential reference, but certainly nowhere does it indicate a gathering of nations against the US, led by Russia.

Now we've all seen some of these charismatic preachers who can twist the scriptures left and right, and make some of the most dumbass connections possible.

Russia may attack the US. China may attack the US. Who knows? Belgium may attack the US. So?

The greatest enemy of the US, Russia, China, and all of Europe is Islam. The problems will primarily be from within. Islam is the only organization where the followers are commanded to fight until all the earth is Islam, and every person on earth worships the moon-god Allah.

You got the wrong enemy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just because the odds are that it would be folly to invade the US does not mean that the zealots of other nations wouldn't try it. It has never stopped them in the past from trying something that had no chance of becoming reality. I personally don't trust either Putin nor China in this regard. America will in some future time be invaded. Whether its in our lifetime or not remains to be seen!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

You've watched Red Dawn way too many times. America is not the same country it was 50 years ago. There are TONS of Americans that are not loyal to our history nor our country. Look at all the damn minorities we have nowadays. Do you honestly think they are going to lay down their life for the US? The average America cannot muster enough courage to go out into the street and protest. If we were ever invaded we would be a divided country for sure. There would be a small majority of people that would fight tooth and nail. Then there would be a lot of inbetweens, people that would rather go to the camps and save their families. Then there would be another small majority that would probably love to help the enemy. I don't see Hispanics, Asians, Iranians, etc. laying down their life to save the USA. You live in a bubble if you think a war on our soil would play out like Red Dawn.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme
... No gun can defend against a chemical attack, or geneological attack.

Yeah, I'd be hating life if my family tree got attacked....

Second line

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonBill99

Originally posted by Udontknowme
... No gun can defend against a chemical attack, or geneological attack.

Yeah, I'd be hating life if my family tree got attacked....

Second line

Dont worry freind,I got miracal grow...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We are already under attack..if obama does away with immigration, anyone can come in without being screened. Armys desguised as citizens could come abroad, kinda like a trojan horse. and thats that then folks.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who you are if America is attacked, bombs don't know ethnicity and despite what most biased people think of immigrants, most immigrants FLED to America.

The only thing holding Americans back is other Americans, a desire to not fight among ourselves

If ANY enemy touched these shores g-d help them...

we'd have Canada and probably Mexico too

Quite a bit of territory to hold when you consider how well we did or the Russians did in places like Afghanistan and Vietnam which don't remotely come close in land area

The initial invasion would probably be successful given the sheer lack of desire to give up comfort

But once we ran out of cigarettes and Prozac and the Cable went off g-d help the invaders.

The Industrial base here alone... number of cars, raw materials... even disarmed, it would be very easy to re arm at light speed...

WE signed a Nuclear treaty today but lol... Texas alone has about 7,000 war heads sitting in storage, makes for allot of dirty, dirty bombs...

How much chemical waste do we need to dispose of LOL

How many Nuclear plants?

How many speed boats do we own, cars, Caterpillars, trucks that can quickly be fitted?

We have no lack of ability to create explosives... in a day from the moment we are attacked...

No... a trip between home depot and walgreens would be all i'd need have a 100-1 kill ratio against an enemy from the shelter of the natural environment

I mean seriously... locally to me now 60,000 people 250,000 guns, tons of ammo, trucks a small airport, power plant thousands of people without being on the grid... Trucks, heavy construction equipment, a university that has a small cdc funded center... bio warfare is local, good hospital... Millions of acres of woods surrounding...

You gotta be kidding me... every kid in my one town has advanced tactics training via military simulation games...

Let alone America...

It would be suicide to invade the USA even if we had no Nukes to stop it, no Navy and hadn't spent 20 Trillion dollars on secret weapons programs so you Could actually land...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay, I'll stipulate the air and naval superiority required to land a large force, say 40 divisions: 4 airborne, 10 armored, 12 mechanized and 14 assorted infantry, artillery and support divisions.

First question is where to land? You can't land in two zones because there aren't enough troops; forty divisions are a lot, but not enough to safely split.

Florida is out as the terrain is unsuitable for anything but gators and Seminoles: tanks and mech divisions would be useless there; besides, any force capturing florida is trapped on an easily plugged penisula. And if they thought they had problems controlling Chechens or Tibetans, good luck with Floridians: half of them are from New York, the other half from Cuba, another half Native, and another local: yeah, I know that's four halves, and so would an invader.

Louisiana is...look, have you ever been to Louisiana? Again, if it doesn't float, it won't go anywhere but a graveyard in that state: all the roads are basically on dikes, surrounded by water. Pop the front and back of a column, then shoot the rest at your leisure: they ain't going anywhere. If by chance they took New Orleans....uhh, hello guys, welcome to New Orleans. Were you aware it's located below sealevel? No? Well, now you are, hope you can swim.

Mississipi is Louisana, slightly dryer.

Texas? Good freaking luck there: lots and lots and lots and even lots more room to lead any invader on a merry chase until their tongues are hanging out, their tanks are out of gas, and they haven't a clue of where the hell they are. Give some good ol' Texas boys and girls a few trucks, a couple of off-road vehicles, a welder and a little time and the Somalis would be lining up for lessons on how to create technicals; toss in a keg or two and you might wind up with a whole new class of weaponry. Hell, Texans would probably enjoy an invasion.

Pretty much the same things apply to the Carolinas as Louisiana and Mississippi.

Anywhere along the Northwest Coast you're looking at rainforest and mountains: any foriegner trying to penetrate that terrain will soon be living the legend of the Donner party.

What really gives me chuckles is the idea of Los Angeles being invaded: an invader could lose most of his armor and mech units just trying to get through town. I don't mean destroyed, necessarily: I mean lost as in "Does anyone know where the damned hell we are?" On LA freeways they'd get about four tanks per mile or so if they where really, really careful and really, really lucky. I'm pretty sure the gangbangers wouldn't ask for permission to start blowing tanks up with firebombs.

In my personal neck of the woods, I've already id'd primary and secondary fire points, choke points, sniper positions and fallback routes. I've shown them to my granddaughter and had her explain to me who would be assigned where and why. With a scratch force of twenty and a day or two to prepare I could hold a battalion size unit up for about two days or so: no one would move east of me on the roads I cover. Give me a force of 100 and a regiment wouldn't get through for at least a week, air power or no. Give me 200 with 50 of them experienced and I'll counterattack. As long as ammo held up, any invader would find it extremely painful trying to break out of California because the terrain really favors defense. And if ny some miracle they actually broke out into the desert....wow, wouldja look at all the targets all out there in the open...

There's not an army big enough to invade and hold the US. Most of the major cities would be absolute nightmares. Holding and controlling LA alone could very easily soak up 3 to 6 divisions. Googlemap San Diego and look at all the canyons. Every road has a hill looking down on it. With all the ex-military we have around here there would be about a thousand snipers in those hills: count an average of four kills apiece and there goes the better part of a division.

Not worried in the slightest about a foriegn invader.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

that or as someone said they could just stash em in the hundreds of thousands of trailers that already come into our ports virtually unchecked.

wow LOTS to read. some really good stuff it looks like...

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by infolurker

The average America cannot muster enough courage to go out into the street and protest.

So true. Then again...which thing do we protest first? There's so much...almost seems as if we've been hit with some kind of weird twist of divide and conquer.

And also, is the average American even aware that there is something to protest or that it's our duty to?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Text

Of course there's not more important things you could be telling your granddaughter except about the coming invasion.

And we wonder why the stereotypes exist in our community.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiLieGuy

I'm down with the Putin thing. He is far from becoming an "ally." There has been waaaaaaaaaaaay too much plotting going on over there in recent years...with Germany on the new currency...out of the G-8...then the Georgia debacle, and of course they still want to control the gas pipelines to cental asia and asia. Many of the central asian nations kicked US bases out and Russian ones moved right in. Do not underestimate the SCO and the NAM.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think the Federal Reserve is an issue ALL Americans should be out in the streets protesting about. Not taxes, not gay rights, not abortion. the Federal Reserve system is THE single entity that AFFECTS all of us. It is the POWER that gives the US government the ability to do what it does be it 600 billion dollar defense budgets to start wars, or whatever. It basically serves as an umbrella for everything else.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by apacheman

Text

Of course there's not more important things you could be telling your granddaughter except about the coming invasion.

And we wonder why the stereotypes exist in our community.

My dad prepared us from and early age. Then again he and my mom lived through some of the worst of WWII, and I for one, appreciate the exposure and knowledge and bet I and everyone esle with preparedness and awareness training would fare much better in most SHTF instances than he average person would. And if it doesn't happen, so what?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

yes. closely coupled with the ridiculous bailouts bush started and obama continued (if you ever thought there was a difference between the parties, or even that we do in fact even still have two parties, this should have been your wake up call!)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join