It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could We Fight a Foreign Attack on U.S. Soil?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

LOL. It's more important for a grandfather to teach a granddaughter about the world in which she lives, i.e. basic tenets of government, the Constitution, democracy, banking, foreign policy perhaps..not the choke points and sniper positions in her local woods. That in my opinion is silly. Teach a person why to fight before you teach them how to fight.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Apache, we were sitting around one evening on a firebase just talking, and it was mostly southern boys in the group.

Some started speaking sarcastically of the benefits of being in the Army, the outstanding leadership, the unbelievable pay, the color-coordinated clothing, on and on.

One boy from Kentucky put in: "You guys have no idea how good we have it. Two or three squares a day, hunting season is open all year long, and all the ammo you need - and it's free! Now you tell me how in hell it gets any better than this!"

The group all looked at one another, and not one could come up with a logical retort.

Besides. If they ever invaded New York, the most common questions among the invaders would be, "who in hell stole my tires/tracks/fuel trucks/supply trucks?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

why are you assuming the exclusion of the other?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They are already here checking us out.

Every major university has hundreds if not thousands of military age Chinese students attending.Most of them still hold rank in their army.

Chinese is the third most spoken language after English and Spanish.

3 per cent of Calif. is Chinese. 10 per cent of Hawaii is too.

They too are allowed to purchase guns and stock pile ammo.

This map shows how ingrained they are in our country.

Looks like they like to congregate around military installations.

And all you "patriots" who swear you will fight for your country allowed
17 million plus invaders walk in to your home,ruin your way of life and your economy and took your jobs and you DID NOTHING!!!!!!!

And you are sure that they all were Latinos.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

LOL...

I think even though some of us who have been prepared are in the minority people forget that there are 300 Million Americans

Sure 100 Million of us might be fast food chugging couch potatoes

and sure another 100 Million might be apathetic

and another 50 Million simply can't fight at all

But where else on Earth are you left with 50 Million people who might as well be professional Combat Troops uniquely prepared and perhaps in fact as an above poster said looking forward to and even enjoy such a scenario, fully armed with all the most modern hardware an Industrialized nation can produced... in rampant excess, locked in over some of the worst possible battle fields and diverse terrains and enemy might want to fight in?

And i'm not just talking about the crazy among us...

We might have a Majority of morons...

But they still need to be corralled, nothing like millions of screaming idiots adding confusion to thwart and enemies plans anyway...

After that... how many countries would we need to add up to equal the number of PHD's on our soil?

Airports, Universities... manufacturing plants, .... I could go on forever

Invading us can be done only one way, Biological or Nuclear or some similar attack

and we all know what the response to that would be

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

That was the first thing, well maybe second or third, that I taught her. I wouldn't suggest trying to argue economics, politics, or spirituality with her unless you like losing arguments.

She is skilled in knife throwing, archery, quarterstaffs, bolos, and knife fighting (as opposed to throwing). She also is a good writer, poet, singer, swimmer, climber, and hiker. She knows and uses useful plants. She's a really great cook.

She knows how to lead (has a bit of trouble following, though, lol), and is a fair medic.

She's also a fun kid with all the normal joys and tribulations of a 13 year old. But I have raised her in the old ways, as an Apache woman: we have always felt that the best way to keep our women and children safe is to teach them well, and make sure they know how to fight and how to run, and when to do which.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
There is no foreign military power that could take and hold Texas let alone the rest of the United States. Forget it.

hey...there are plenty of liberals that have guns and know how to use them, we're just a little more quiet about it. besides a foriegngovernment will just come in and buy everything, the way that our economy is going. they won't have to fire a shot.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I like how you've taught your daughter.

I hate asking a question that appears obvious, but are you Apache?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As you can tell by my name I'm texan...

Anyways me and my friend at work from new york were talkin about this . New york and washington are the most secured cities in american soil now after 9/11 and would not get invaded. Also texas, even if china or russia tried to invade it would be game over buckos. 7 million in houston 2 million in beaumont port aurthur area, 6 million in dallas area, then austin and san antone to back it up along with all the. Amry and marines and sailors like me . Fort hood, fort wachooga, fort david, fort brag and I'm tellin you almost every grown man 14 and up have shot a gun in texas at some point and know how to aim and fire. Probably 7 outta 10 adult men in texas own some sort of firearm. China ain't doin sheeuht and russia ain't doin sheeuht...

Please tell me besides them who's gunna try because those are my only two choices I could see... we would dominate and they would probably invade like NC virginia delaware coastal areas like that and texas, arkansas, alabama, florida , national guard navy reserve, army, marines would all come to fight and the brave would rise and enemies would fall the american spirit would blaze inside of us if we knew our family was in danger or killed.

We got this.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes, Chiricahua, to be precise.

My Grandmother taught me the old ways, at least some, like how to be invisible, and how to still my mind, among other things, like reading the land and sky. I've been passing those things along to my granddaughter as she is able to absorb them.

Me, I don't understand how or why you wouldn't teach your children how to fight, whether a one-on-one or full scale war...how do you expect them to stay safe, protect themselves and those weaker?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yep, I've known a lot of folk like that...sounds like I served with with your Kaintuck boy's cousin, lol.

I truly can't imagine who'd be nuts enough to try an invasion. I also can't imagine that many'd be left alive after a month or so.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
People look at the insurgencies in Iraq and Vietnam and can't even BEGIN to encompass the American insurgency were we to be invaded.

The sad part is that the "rednecks" that are so disparaged on this site would be the same to lay down their lives in defense of this nation. Military or not, no nation will ever "conquer" America.

We will more than likely be our own downfall long before. I think it's sad now, in our times of economic stress, to see fellow American's tarting up the abilities of the rest of the world instead of doing something for their country.

Nonetheless, were an outside threat attack this nation, I truly fear for them. Truly.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It also occurs to me the the American people are a pretty pissed-off lot these days. What they lack is a focus for their anger. Any invader would provide a nice, handy, cathartic focus.

Wouldn't want to be in it, not by a long shot: it would hurt pretty bad. They'd never know what hit them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Good for you. Unless the young ones can learn skills from their elders, how may they know where they are, who they are, and that which is important? Most young ones only know that the world revolves around them with no thought of their place in it, and when events splash cold water of reality in their faces, they have no tools, no anchor, no substance.

The other extreme is the young ones who are abandoned and left to their own devices. They come to believe that they do not matter to anyone, and of course no one is there to correct that assumption.

I'm part Cherokee, and in combat, my close brother was Yaqui. I wrote a book on inviolable principles of warfare, and pointed out that the Apache was the greatest guerilla fighters that ever walked the earth, either mounted, or on foot. And I meant every word. The grandmother of my Yaqui brother made me some knee-high, boot top moccasins and sent me a few extra soles. My God, they were great for feeling everything underfoot!

It is good that you teach those things, those many, many things that one can learn from the earth and sky. After all, the rest is illusion.

Most of our children are taught knowledge, but little wisdom. Knowledge without wisdom is like a boat without a rudder.

Your daughter and granddaughter I think are fortunate.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

exactly. there's too MUCH that's anger worthy and no one thing to really focus on. everyone has a different hot button...nothing unites us...so we wallow away in our isolated pockets of anger. almost as if this was by design....

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Doesn't it already seem like we are all under attack by the current administration? We've also been under attack by Congress for years.

They're taking liberties on a daily basis. They're taxing us at unacceptable rates. They're spending money we don't have. This administration is building a deficit of a magnitude we've never seen before ($1.9 Trillion?). We can't pay that off. They're writing checks we can't cover.

If a foreign country did invade the U.S., do you think we'd actually have fewer liberties, or end up with less government? Do you think invaders be concerned about the environment, or greenhouse gasses? Think twice before you open fire on the invaders, they might just make it a better place to live.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speights
Look at your selves, look at your posts, your worried about your home land, you are are rightfully worried and questioning your countries own ability to denfend its self

Fear and the willingness to blow any opposition out of the water are two different things.

The problem is, if a war like this would ever happen, the winner would be the one with the best offensive from sea and air.

Keep this in mind too...while we are not fighting a physical war here at the home front, we are fighting a financial one.

I am not saying anyone wants war, but if anyone does, you do not recognize the terror it puts into everyone in the world. We may seem confident now and ready to die, and will always be that way, but when your life is on the line, you will be savoring every second you are alive.

The U.S makes the rules currently...if a foreign attack is landed here, we would more than likely make something up like we had reports of "insert country here" trying to launch a nuke at us, so we sent 300 at them.

This isn't 1861. There are some very strong weapons out there made by us humans...for that I am proud to be human - but fear the day they are used again or without some DAMN good reasoning.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I believe that we have already been occupied, not by an actual shoot and destroy kind of war, but one of every other kind of action, polictical, economic, propoganda,

shooting is all that is left

Read a book called gorillas in the mist

It will explain how war is fought

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Good for you. Unless the young ones can learn skills from their elders, how may they know where they are, who they are, and that which is important? Most young ones only know that the world revolves around them with no thought of their place in it, and when events splash cold water of reality in their faces, they have no tools, no anchor, no substance.

The other extreme is the young ones who are abandoned and left to their own devices. They come to believe that they do not matter to anyone, and of course no one is there to correct that assumption.

I'm part Cherokee, and in combat, my close brother was Yaqui. I wrote a book on inviolable principles of warfare, and pointed out that the Apache was the greatest guerilla fighters that ever walked the earth, either mounted, or on foot. And I meant every word. The grandmother of my Yaqui brother made me some knee-high, boot top moccasins and sent me a few extra soles. My God, they were great for feeling everything underfoot!

No offence meant. I'm part Cherokee also and there is a reason they got moved to reservations.

Nobody truly knows what they would do with a real fight on their hands. It's likely that many barking bravado would be dumping a load their buckskins and others deemed timid would be valiant. When bullets are whizzing all around you and there is no place to hide bravado goes away. When faced with death (which is a permanent thing) it can be pretty unnerving that first time. Not saying there are not some true bad asses here on this board but the vast majority of Americans aren't ready for that feeling. There are some countries that deal with this everyday and thank God they are not as well armed. They would easily outfight us.

I don't think it is a matter of "IF" we will have to fight a war on our shores but if we can win. As others have said, we are by far better armed as a populace. Much more than any other nation. But chucking spears at one another is only one form of war. There is the siege, rendering useless your adversaries resources, disease. Another thing to take into account is that you can only have a powerful military if you have a powerful economy. The powerful military keeps war from your shores. Our economy has been resting on it's laurels for some time now. We are about to enter an entirely new phase.

Think about this. As far as I know our oil primarily comes from Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico. We have no well protected easily available (liquid) source available within the nation. Oil is needed for not only fuel but pesticides, fertilizers, plastics, medicine, and on and on. How hard would it be to cut off Alaska? What about the Gulf? What would be the effect if transportation dies, crops can't be grown for a year, etc?

I would argue that one major reason we haven't seen any beginning moves towards us is because all things are financial. That would make the question "Have they finished milking us" or do we still have time? Hell, some well connected people, aka our leaders, will sell their own people for top dollar. Just so they can go to the Country Club and know they are esteemed because of their money and power. But, I won't wander off about the ego of man.

Could we win a war? Maybe.

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Apollumi]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
U.S. Buys Enough Guns in 3 Months to outfit the entire chinese and indian army

China has had a few Statistics done on us about our Gun Buying rate... Even they say its not a pretty site.

It would be a ludicrous endeavor to take up.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join