It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muffingirl

Thanks for your honest opinion there muffin girl. I agree I didnt like people calling Palin a stupid "b" and a broad, it shouldnt be accepted by anybody. That being said the insults as you just seen applies not just to her but to a collection of public figures including our president, John McCain and Hillary Clinton. If you intend to seriously lead the nation you have got to grow a backbone and accept that not everybody is going to give you a bone... For some reason though Palin should be the exception here and its "acceptable" for her to just resign because of that. The greatest irony here are the same individuals who waste no time spreading garbage about other politicians. I may need glasses but Im seeing double standards here.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Truly, some are still fighting the "war between the sexes", using words like "b" and broad in reference to women. I still read those words even in posts at ATS.

Neither Palin nor Clinton should have ever been called those, even if it is by other women. Such derogatory language is the lowest common denominator that passes for intellectual opinion. Instead of having a nation rise to the level of intelligent ideas and thought processes, I have seen intellectualism being driven from this culture. Whether or not this was deliberately done so that the masses might be fed slogans or be kept in a dark cave where little enlightenment shines, only communicating by grunts, is debatable. What is not debatable is this shrinking to the lowest common denominator of behavior.

Be that as it may, once one voluntarily steps into the ring of politics, one finds such pummeling, and either by natural talent or by training either goes the rounds or quits.

It could very well be that SP, while making a good mayor of a small Alaskan town, then rising to governor of a state with great land mass and small population found herself emotionally, mentally, and physically fatigued after her national exposure. Perhaps she felt thusly overwhelmed and unable to function in that capacity. It could be she was just being honest with herself as to her political capabilities. I wish her and her family well. Although she has no one to blame but herself for voluntarily signing up for the run for VP, I blame McCain for even considering her for the run.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Another tortured soliloquy

Thank God it's only 1:58min long

Sarah Palin says Hillary Clinton shouldn't whine about tough media coverage

Please , think about it folks....

GL

Oh my!
"Do as I say not as I do." What a hypocrite!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muffingirl
I guess I objected to somebody calling Palin a broad more than the other stuff. I'm not black. But I do think people should be respectful on here. That is very disrespectful to refer to our president as a "house negro", and to say his wife dresses like a prostitute. She in no way dresses trampy. She dresses conservatively, I think. She has more class than to dress llike that.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by muffingirl]

Excellent and thoughtful reply. Thank you for that.

I agree with everything you wrote in this post. I honestly believe the selection of Palin was an insult to the intelligence of female voters, who, among my circle of friends, take their vote very seriously and refuse to be single issue voters.

All of my female friends were insulted to varying degrees that the Republican party would think them shallow enough to support Palin simply because she is a woman.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, here's another theory that has been put out there now, ...

Could it be that Palin is running from her governorship due to the fact that her state is now facing a defifict of $2-3 billion now?

Palin's Crude Awakening

Oil? Yes, it's all about oil, and it hasn't been a pretty picture this past year
******SKIP******
This has been a rude awakening for Palin who rode on the coattails of soaring oil prices during her first 18 months in office. From January 2007, when she was sworn in as governor, up until the time she became McCain's running mate in August of 2008, crude prices rose by more than 100 percent. And you betcha, much of Palin's so-called political achievements was tied to the action in the oil pits.

Remember the pit bull/hockey mom's boast that she was able to give every Alaskan an extra $1200 dollars in pocket money last summer? Oil. Alaska's enviable budget surplus? Oil. For Palin's Alaska it's now all gone the way of $4 dollar-a-gallon gasoline.

In fact, for the governor, the last 12 months have been a mirror image of her first 18 months on the job. At $64 dollars a barrel, oil prices are down more than 55 percent from a year ago. Sobering news if you're running a state that gets 80 percent of its revenue from the oil and gas business.

Earlier this year, Alaskan state lawmakers estimated that the state would run a deficit of $2-3 billion dollars this year, based on $75 dollar barrel oil. It's now 15 percent below that mark, and even bigger deficits are looming.

Lower prices not only mean that Alaska has less revenue to tax, the state's cut goes down along with prices.
******SKIP******
The longer she hangs on as governor, the more of her oil-fueled achievements are wiped away. Now that's reason enough to call an audible.

Could it actually be that Palin doesn't want to be seen as the captain of the ship when it sinks?

Is she running away now so that people don't point fingers at her and blame HER when Alaska's budget crunch really hits?

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Say anything you want about Sarah, it's all free. The moderators will never block it - they only say its political trolling or insensitive when you talk about Obama.

Go ahead, say anything about Sarah, if you look back to all of the posts on this thread, the only ones censored were anti Obama.

Thank about it.

This used to be a place for opinions on all sides but it appears to be turning into another Huffington Post. Sad

[edit on 7-7-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is from my other Palin thread, ......

..... Whats next ... a new VH1 reality show called " Palin of Love" ...

... I always suspected that her resignation had nothing to do with corruption , but with strategy .... as everyone is having a laugh at her expense, .... I beleive she wants to bow out of the public eye, with what little dignity she has left .... Then run for office in a few years .

.... and everyone will say, .... " there's that Sarah Palin, who bow'd out of public office with dignity" all the jokes will be forgotten, and she'll be treated as a returning hero.

.... she's basicaly using the " You always want, what you can't have" technique.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good point IntastellaBurst - It reminds me of what Ghandi said... First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Good point IntastellaBurst - It reminds me of what Ghandi said... First they ignore you. They laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Unless you are talking about a moose hunting contest, I don't think Palin is winning anything, anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaraThustra
Good point IntastellaBurst - It reminds me of what Ghandi said... First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Comparing Gov. Palin to Ghandi?

Gov. Palin is a quitter and quitters never win! She bailed because she lost her nerve; It was more than obvious in her "cut and run" speech.

Here's another Ghandi quote for you....
"If you can't run with the big dogs; stay on the porch."

[edit on 7-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

Oh bull, one of the moderators also supports Dumb Bunny, ooops I mean Palin.

Love is truly blind, Palin is not very bright, mean and self-serving. We have enough of these in office just got rid of a really big lug head with the Presidential election and don't need more cluttering up the White House.

Read my other posts as to what this idiot supports and what she has done.

Alaska and America are better off without her.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't like Palin, but I have to tell you all..

The Daily Beast is NOT a credible source.. sorry.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I would also like anyone to tell me how Obama has any more executive experience than Palin.. that would be great..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face
I would also like anyone to tell me how Obama has any more executive experience than Palin.. that would be great..

He didn't. What he does have, however, is a demonstrably higher intelligence and an actual grasp of how our political system works (hint: there is no Department of Law) and international politics.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Then why all of the talk on Obama having more experience than Palin during the primaries.

I liked your answer, as you actually pointed out the only gripe that I've had.

I admit, I don't like her.. but I get so tired of hearing that response.

Thank you! Star 4 u!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Then why all of the talk on Obama having more experience than Palin during the primaries.

What was ironic about the choice of Palin as VP is that it removed what potentially was the best weapon in beating Obama; experience. Once Palin was added to the ticket, the McCain campaign could no longer beat the "Obama has no experience," drum that, ultimately might have caused voters to switch their vote to McCain once they were in the voting booth.

The Palin decision was a disaster on every level.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

The Palin decision was a disaster on every level.

I agree 100% with that.. and right behind that was the choice of McCain as Presidential nominee.. he was too liberal to carry the base at a time like the 2008 elections.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well, we can debate till we're blue in the face about Palin, but nobody really knows why she quit, or what she will do now.

Her daughter's ex-fiance had a press conference to announce what he thinks she's going to do and whatnot. HE thinks she's having financial problems-she owes about $500K in legal fees. He thinks she's got a book deal worth millions, and she could do that to pay off the legal fees. He doesn't seem very smart or interesting, but he's supposed to have a book deal, too. He's just going to dish about the Palins.

Also, she hinted at a "higher calling", saying she wants to support people with similar values as her. I take that to mean that she is going to be campaigning for GOP candidates, or maybe being a campaign chairman and giving speeches for GOP causes.

It sounds like right now, she wants to go fishing and goof off. She'll have plenty of time to do that now. I think she's tired of dealing with legal crap, and quit to avoid being sued/persecuted MORE for "frivolous" reasons.

I am really disappointed that she quit as governor. It shows a sort of laziness and irresponsibility that I do not respect. People in her own state must be disappointed, too. Why quit in the middle of a term in office? That's cowardly.

Supposedly being a former athlete, she should remember that old saying, " Winners never quit, and quitters never win". I hope you quit for better reasons than I think, Sarah.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by muffingirl]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join