It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

So people can stop thinking I haven't contributed to this topic, I will contribute to it once again.

Here is a neat fact:

Radio waves (electromagnetic radiation) that which are running parallel to the ground are interfered by electromagnetic radiation from the Sun which strikes/collides with them perpendicularly.

In layman's terms, that means if you have a radio device (cell phone, tv, transistor radio, wireless internet) you will get a much clearer signal in the day, than you get at night.

So yes, activity from the Sun can effect radio signals of multiple types.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Uh huh... That's why ham radio operators are generally also solar buffs too..
So...

Are you going somewhere with this statement of fact?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ah, didn't realize it was a response to a question.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Look, whatever - this really is my last post regarding the circle connection:

Someone predicted an event (however exaggerated) would occur today based on their interpretation of a circle.

Setting aside the circle itself, and looking simply at the PREDICTION (which may have been partially misinterpreted), it's pretty creepy - because here it is - happening right now..

I think that the people who refuse to entertain the POSSIBILITY of this are just suffering from a coping mechanism that allows them to deal with the dissonance of the challenge to fundamental belief systems..

A person accurately predicting an occurrence of a solar flare is not that "spooky" -- solar flares are very common.

That would be like me making this prediction: "Reading my tea leaves tells me that there will be an Atlantic hurricane near the Caribbean on September 15th."

I just pulled that prediction out of my arse -- but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hurricane near the Caribbean on that day. The odds are pretty good.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

i'm speechelss

i dont understand what is your goal ? i read here and there your post and i dont understand , people here are learning, but you say all this is ridiculous, when being curious and learn is ridiculous, there no agresivity
you dont belive in the crop it's not a problem there are many thread talking about swine flu and other conspiracy subject what brokenheadphonez are doing is just sharing what he learn and what he know that's all and if i belive there something behind crop circles i'm learning more about space and sun and all what could affect in good or bad way this earth i'm doing something wrong ?
so you are out of the box but you dont see the other box you are in.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0nce 0nce

Here is a neat fact:

Radio waves (electromagnetic radiation) that which are running parallel to the ground are interfered by electromagnetic radiation from the Sun which strikes/collides with them perpendicularly.

In layman's terms, that means if you have a radio device (cell phone, tv, transistor radio, wireless internet) you will get a much clearer signal in the day, than you get at night.

The sun does produce radio waves which can be heard as static on a radio which receives the same frequencies. But that only occurs during the day, when we are directly exposed to the Sun's electromagnetic radiation. It is actually at night that the levels of static from solar interference decreases.

When solar activity (and the solar wind) are high it causes the ionosphere to strengthen. When the ionosphere gets stronger it reflects radio waves from the surface back down to the surface. When this happens we can pick up radio signals from much greater distances than otherwise. It's referred to as "skip". Amatuer radio enthusiasts like a lot of solar activity, it let's them talk to people all over the planet. But it also causes a lot more "noise" since radio transmissions from all over the place are coming in.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes Phage, that's exactly what I said, but not as detailed. Thanks for your confirmation of my knowledge.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Here is a link to all my posts on this topic:

Click Here

I don't see why everyone started attacking me?

I just reread every single post, and as you can see I clearly start out with knowledge that you can learn from. Nice and calm I was, until people started to attack me.

I originally came here to tell you all this:

"We have been expecting solar activity, because the Sun has been quiet for a while".

It's very good knowledge.

It explains how someone could have pretended to "predict" solar activity, because they knew it was going to happen sooner or later. It's a cycle.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

But predicting it more or less ... to the day? Oh, I see. I'm glad that people in a field with ropes and boards know more about our solar system than scientists who've dedicated their lives to studying the matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I have been also trying to explain that they didn't predict anything "to the day".

If you read the original prediction, it says "solar storm". We didn't have a solar storm, and won't have one.

Look:

www2.nict.go.jp...

Click on each link, and let them load in a video player. Everything that happened today is normal, just like last month, the month before, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Or maybe they read (from June 19th).

The new measurements also show that the stream has finally reached the critical latitude linked to sunspot production, which could explain why solar activity finally seems to be picking up.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I guess I'm completely wrong then. Thanks for your help and understanding, I really appreciate it.

Friends?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Hey guys whats the news? i just checked that Real-time Magnetosphere Simulation website and things seem to be calming down now. Is it done and over?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruxshadows

Just so you know, the sunspot everyone is referring to "Sunspot 1024" is not new, and had been around for a while.

Here is a picture of it on July 5, 2009:
www.freerepublic.com...

Here is a good website for updates:
www.solarcycle24.com...

Sunspot 1024 is currently quiet and now consists of 2 main spots. It appears the chances of stronger solar flares is fading.

Everything seems to be normal, like it always was.

Sorry, still no correct "prediction".

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This is my first time posting but I've been reading for 2 days. Funny stuff, I like it. Question:
I heard about a planetary alignment that was on the 3rd of July, something like the one on the day Roswell happened.
Was there one and didn't 1024 light up on the end of the 3rd?
I don't have time to verify all that stuff but it seems you guys do....
I think the crop circles were just a little eye-opener for the few of us that wish to open our eyes..... I'm watching spaceweather from now on!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join