It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Sarah Palin owe us an explanation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Do you think now that Sarah Palin has announced her resignation as Governor of Alaska, the matter should just be dropped?

Or does she owe anyone an explanation?

Personally, I wouldn't blame her if she thumbed her nose at the MSM, given the way they have unjustly trashed her and her children. She owes them nothing, imo. No interviews, no reason why, no nothing.

The residents of AK, maybe. Her supporters, maybe.

But I wouldn't blame her if she took the attitude that the producers did in Atlas Shrugged'.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The people who elected her. She took an oath and she said she'd do the job. Now she's not doing it. She definately owes them an explaination.

Being a politician, I don't know if she'll tell the truth about why she quit, But she does owe them something.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Her resignation sounds to me like her reputation caught up with her.

I don't think she owes us anything now.

And I'm glad she's leaving office... except the thing is, I haven't seen hide nor hair of her in the past few months except these stupid blurbs about her daughter on the National Enquirer (BS mag). All I can say now is "whatever."

Anyway, I would like to know exactly why she is resigning though, I can speculate all I want but that doesn't tell me anything.

[edit on 7/3/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
She resigned because of money.

Sarah Palin is bigger than Alaska now and she's limited to the amount of money she can make as Governor. The family once to strike while the iron is hot.

She's not a Presidential Candidate but she could be a conservative Oprah. She could have her own talk show, magazine and more. If she's smart this is what she will do. She has many conservatives but independents will never vote for her. She has been Dan Quayled when it comes to national office but there's big bucks for alot of other things.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Being a politician, I don't know if she'll tell the truth about why she quit, But she does owe them something.

Yeah, I agree. I think she should have the decency to at least explain what her purpose was.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, but every politician who runs for higher office abandons his/her current post as governor, Senator, etc.

Obama did it.

Is that a good enough reason?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The only people she needs to explain herself to are the citizens of Alaska...the state she governs.

Other than that....there is no explaining to do. She holds no national office.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I listened to her speech and I think that she explained her position and her decision quite well.

She is spending too much time and money, both the state's and her own, on frivolous ethics charges to effectively govern.

I think that she made a wise decision, although I believe that it is disgraceful that her political enemies would abuse state policy to drive her from office.

There is much speculation as to where this might all lead relative to her political future, however, there is no information to go on now except for what she said: She is stepping down for the good of the state.

I personally feel that her political future is dead, because the opposition will always play her decision to resign her office as a lack of commitment.

I don't see it that way, but that is how it will play.

For now, there really isn't anything to discuss.

[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
She already gave a good reason.

She has already had to spend up to half a million dollars of hers and Alaskan tax payers money because of frivoules law suits. She is having to spend more time fighting these lawsuits then is spending to effectively run Alaska.

She has stated that she rather stand down rather then be a lame duck governer who won't be able to do her job.

I see it as a selfless move on her part.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Do you think now that Sarah Palin has announced her resignation as Governor of Alaska, the matter should just be dropped?

I agree who cares? Maybe she dropped for her 2012 ambitions, maybe she dropped out for family reasons, who cares? We pay too much attention to this woman, we have better things to get on with.

Personally, I wouldn't blame her if she thumbed her nose at the MSM,

The mainstream media is the mainstream media, its to the drugged up celebrity as it is to Sarah Palin. Im sure she understood what she was getting herself into the minute she decided to run for the vice presidential position, just like other presidential candidates. I dont feel any remorse towards her regarding the media, she can join the crowd.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I dont feel any remorse towards her regarding the media, she can join the crowd.

While I agree that attacks against her political stances from the media is justified....personal attacks are not...especially when children are concerned.

You cannot preach equality when you trash people in this way.

The main thing is....maybe I'm old fashioned and alone on this.....

But I hate seeing women treated like this....and especially children. It's just part of what I am.

Maybe those old values are lost amongst most people....but it's not with me.

I just find it hard that anyone who is a parent wouldn't be disgusted by how her family has been treated. It's not a Palin thing...it's a society thing.

Do i think Palin should be President...nope....but her familly shouldn't be trashed like this either...regardless if it's in the public eye.

This is basically saying that if you walk down the street...then it's ok for someone to call you every name in the book....because you are out in public.

We know that's not morally right...and no one would stand for it.

Being in front of a camera shouldn't change that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
While I agree that attacks against her political stances from the media is justified....personal attacks are not...especially when children are concerned.

And we live in a perfect world David? I wish they could take back the things they said about the Clintons, or the Kerrys and so forth, but Iv come to understand there are just alot of low lifes out there. We can continue with our outrage and our constant self monitering of the media or we can learn to accept its inevitable some guy or woman will be writing some disgusting stuff somewhere at some time. You get that media pundit to take back what he said about your kids, there will be some 200 other bloggers typing the same thing. While we must express our disgust getting into a position of spotlight calls for the inevitability of this.

You cannot preach equality when you trash people in this way.

Equality? Apparently when Hill was in the whitehouse she was told to shut up, the minute Palin came in these rightwing pundits started to use the term for the first time in history.. "sexist". As much as I find disgust about some of the things being said about her and others I find it ironic regarding much the individuals and their sudden outrage given their histories. It doesnt make it justifiable, but what goes around comes around. In a perfect world we can tell everybody to end this, but this isnt a perfect world, this isnt a perfect nation, it is one though where you have the ability to say anything you want about anybody and you can freely express it on the net or on tv.

But I hate seeing women treated like this....and especially children. It's just part of what I am.

As much as I disagree with Mrs Palin and her policies, I agree that these comments towards her or Mrs Clinton or anybody else are just disgusting, but we dont live in a perfect world.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
She has committed so many ethics violations it is pathetic. If anyone else in "state service" did anything like use "private email for state business" they'd be fired and probably worse. This being said, the media wanted Obama, because the PTB wanted Obama. IF she were chosen to win then she'd be a saint and great leader (portrayed as such). Since before JFK, and as his murder showed, the PTB run things, and manipulate even though the Constitution was made to STOP THEM. We willingly let them manipulate us, take our rights. Instead of talking Palin, lets saw we wish her well, and talk ab out repealing the "Patriot" act and other bull# things they do to circumvent our rights and steal our property. If anyone goes against the Constitution (fundamental, original form), it is treason. Bush Sr. signing the # to sell` property was NOT his right. Illegal, all deals null and void. No more dual citizenship, no more lobbyists. They need to be told this, then told they are fired and from now on, ALL public business is public, and WE THE PEOPLE determine what the CIA, NSA, and others do. Not the other way around. Choosing to lie, cheat, steal, and circumvent the best interests of U.S. and our citizens IS TREASON. Fired, lose citizenship, be deported to Afghanistan or Pakistan or Iraq; messes THEY made.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

And we live in a perfect world David?

I wish we did....I know it's not possible...but it won't stop me or those who are like minded from stopping to gain it.

I'm glad that you find what was said about her disgusting....that distinguishes you from other posters here....and actually...I had a feeling you would feel this way about it....as I do feel you have actual "beliefs"....as many here just slander here...well just to slander...with no basis....no matter if they are left/right.

This is the only point I've been trying to make in threads similar to this one...I'm just speaking as a parent.....baby is due any day now!

I just find it funny....most of the people who support the ridiculous comments...for the most part...don't have kids themselves....and that alone show the hypocrisy.

Thank you for showing that you are above that.

also...

I have not followed politics till the last year...but I'd just like to add that any comments made toward any children...no matter what party or stance...it's flat out wrong and disgusting.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You know,
after what this country put her and her family through,

It would give me great satisfaction,

If she gave us all the good ole one finger salute.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If she gave us all the good ole one finger salute.

I know her children have every right to give everyone a middle finger. It's just sad that this is how bad it has become.

There is nowhere were people feel is untouchable anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdmiralX
She has committed so many ethics violations it is pathetic. If anyone else in "state service" did anything like use "private email for state business" they'd be fired and probably worse.

Care to be specific?

Palin reimbursed the state for some travel expenses for her children, but every other ethics charge has proved to be without merit.

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.google.com...

[edit on 2009/7/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Perhaps the rumored misappropriation of materials is true after all.

EXCLUSIVE: PALIN RESIGNATION 'DAMAGE CONTROL' FOR COMING 'ICEBERG SCANDAL' ... MORE: EMBEZZLEMENT INDICTMENTS COMING?

UPDATED: Alaskan reporter Shannyn Moore offers The BRAD BLOG hints about reasons for Alaska Gov's resignation
FURTHER UPDATE: Sources say embezzlement scandal, federal indictments may soon break concerning use of Wasilla Sport Complex building materials for Palin's home...

If this is the case, then yes, an explanation should be due.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i'm going to be tough on her. she couldn't take the heat.

typical of the intellect or lack thereof she has shown all along. what did she think was going to happen when she thrust herself into the national spotlight? to her and to her family?

right or wrong is not even in the debate here, the open, hard, and real facts are that politicians are held under some pretty tough scrutiny, open to speculation, and yes sometimes even "attacked." fact. did she think they were going to go easier on her because she's a woman or a milf?

so she made her choice, and if it was uninformed or pollyanna-ish and if she's "shocked," she has no one to blame but herself. the responsibility and the consequences are hers and hers alone, and if she can't tough it out and complete the job the voters of alaska put her in and honor her contract and commitment because of that, well that just goes to character.

bottom line is that she's a quitter. no matter what her excuses are. i don't see the voters of alaska calling for her impeachment or resignation due to her "high costs of fighting 'frivolous' lawsuits." nope. this too was her choice.

she doesn't want to be a lame duck? spend more money on trips and stuff? oh make me laugh.

by her example, now other elected officials and pols can just toss these kinds of excuses out and leave our government in chaos (and with additonal expense too by the way for special elections and the like) whenever they feel like it? whenever the going just gets a little too rough? pffffffft.

she made the wrong decisions for herself and her family in coming out of nowhere and going for the glory. she didn't think it through and got in over her head and then couldn't handle it.

just another thing that proves she doesnt have much intelligence or aptitude for governing on any level. i just hope people really remember this should she resurface for 2012.

and it also would surprise me if there isn't a lot more to this than meets the eye. something just rings really hollow.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Anything is possible, I guess, but this doesn't seem like the best of sources and it's pretty flimsy regardless of the source.

The obvious scenario for the time being seems to be the most probable.

Alaska state law makes it possible for anyone without any personal cost to bring an ethics charge against an office holder and Sarah Palin has been dunned out of office by frivolous charges that have wrecked her administration.

This has been in the news for many months now, so this announcement is not really as surprising as some would make it seem.

Maybe there's a federal indictment forthcoming, but a blogger's third party report isn't much to go on, not that that's ever stopped the smear merchants before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join