It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Sarah Palin owe us an explanation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
She had been destined, by the PTB, to become the next criminal, lying, murdering, deceiving, constitution violating NWO monster puppet, to succeed Obama. How great. Probably she realized this ain’t the most sublime career. IF this was her reason to resign I take my hat off to her.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
i'm going to be tough on her. she couldn't take the heat.

an assumption with no facts - and personal refusal to just believe what she personally stated

typical of the intellect or lack thereof she has shown all along. what did she think was going to happen when she thrust herself into the national spotlight? to her and to her family?

She had the intelligence to become Governor - and your job is what ?
and until now, your family was always off limits

and if she can't tough it out and complete the job the voters of alaska put her in and honor her contract and commitment because of that, well that just goes to character.

Wow, if you find yourself wasting your personal money and the states money, maybe you should just do the right thing and make it stop.

bottom line is that she's a quitter. no matter what her excuses are. i don't see the voters of alaska calling for her impeachment or resignation due to her "high costs of fighting 'frivolous' lawsuits." nope. this too was her choice.

just like the voters didn't ask her to get rid of the governors jet either, it was the right thing to do and she did it.

she doesn't want to be a lame duck? spend more money on trips and stuff? oh make me laugh.

So, doing the right thing is a concept foreign to you ?

by her example, now other elected officials and pols can just toss these kinds of excuses out and leave our government in chaos (and with additonal expense too by the way for special elections and the like) whenever they feel like it? whenever the going just gets a little too rough? pffffffft.

If they feel they are being a detriment to their party or our country, heck yes, get out of there. And there are no special election, there is a hand off to the next in line here.

something just rings really hollow.

like posts made without facts.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I personally think it's because soon, there will BE no Alaska.

And no United States, and she knows that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
'We are not retreating. We are advancing in a different direction'

I hate to say it, but the MSM got it right with this lady. She was in the running to be the Vice President of The United States. That position carries a lot of responsibility and the media had every right, in fact it's their job, to put Sarah Palin under intense scrutiny.

I don't have any problem saying that I have no respect for the woman as a politician and public figure in general. Seriously, what did she gain by engaging is a public flame war with David Letterman besides bringing her daughters back into the public spotlight?

Overall, the lady isn't all that bright. Did anyone hear the prank call she got from "Nicolas Sarkozy"?

Good Riddance!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

it's my opinion, dude, from watching her and her actions and from research and from gut feel. what my job is doesn't really matter. i'm not in the public eye. she wanted the glory and had no guts. end of story.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

After seeing her entire going away announcement on Fox last night, I would sincerely beg for her to shut up! I find her strange but don't dislike her. But pulleeeease no more rambling. She could have wrapped that whole deal up in about three minutes.

That said, I think she appeased the citizens of Alaska. They voted her in, her ability to represent them efficiently has changed, she groomed another to follow in her form and I bet that's better than her hanging on. We're not accustomed to honesty if that's what this is and so we immediately think WTF?

I think she's planning on running in 2012 and this paves the way for her to do that without abandoning her state while doing so. Serving out her term is small compared to the bigger picture. I don't think she's a quitter. You don't get hammered like she has and come back for more if you're a quitter. I admire her affinity for those serving in the military. They seem more at ease around her than other politicos. Maybe they just dig the "70's stewardess". If she's preparing to run, then I think her stepping down is better now than later for Alaska. These campaigns start years in advance. For better or worse, I think hers just started.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

This is what Palin's attorney has to say about the reports of a federal indictment:

"To the extent several websites, most notably liberal Alaska blogger Shannyn Moore, are now claiming as 'fact' that Governor Palin resigned because she is 'under federal investigation' for embezzlement or other criminal wrongdoing, we will be exploring legal options this week to address such defamation," Van Flein said in a statement. "This is to provide notice to Ms. Moore, and those who re-publish the defamation, such as Huffington Post, MSNBC, the New York Times and The Washington Post, that the Palins will not allow them to propagate defamatory material without answering to this in a court of law."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So, I think that it would be just a bit premature to be speculating about that possibility.

[edit on 2009/7/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

Originally posted by mister.old.school
Perhaps the rumored misappropriation of materials is true after all.

EXCLUSIVE: PALIN RESIGNATION 'DAMAGE CONTROL' FOR COMING 'ICEBERG SCANDAL' ... MORE: EMBEZZLEMENT INDICTMENTS COMING?

And perhaps this old news will gain as much traction as it failed to do last October.

Sounds like nothing more than blatherings from a blog...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That creationist, end times embracing, animal bludgeoning lunatic redneck is about to go down harder than the Bush twins at a frat party. I'm putting my money on sex tape or corruption. Good riddance to this freak.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
That creationist, end times embracing, animal bludgeoning lunatic redneck is about to go down harder than the Bush twins at a frat party. I'm putting my money on sex tape or corruption. Good riddance to this freak.

My keyboard took the brunt of your comments. It now has dislodged (I'm trying to be tactful) coffee across the keys.

Well said, friend, I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

This it typical of the complaints about Palin.

No basis, just pure venom.

This is the Left.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The people who elected her. She took an oath and she said she'd do the job.

RIGHT! what if she had VIOLATED any other term of her oath? She would be held liable for her contempt....but in this case...let her slide.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

This it typical of the complaints about Palin.

No basis, just pure venom.

This is the Left.

And I suppose when your heroes Rush, Hannity and O'reilly froth and spew it's not venom, it's truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

When Rush, Hannity, or O'Reilly join ATS then your post might make sense.

Stand up for what you say.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh no worries, the people of Alaska are about to get their explanation as she may well be indicted shortly for embezzlement for having the contractors who built the Wasilla Sports Complex and Hockey Arena also build her home at the same time, using the same materials and keeping it off the books.

So, farewell to thee pit bull with lipstick...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Southern Guardian

But I hate seeing women treated like this....and especially children. It's just part of what I am.

Maybe those old values are lost amongst most people....but it's not with me.

I just find it hard that anyone who is a parent wouldn't be disgusted by how her family has been treated. It's not a Palin thing...it's a society thing.

Do i think Palin should be President...nope....but her familly shouldn't be trashed like this either...regardless if it's in the public eye.

Then I take it that you also object to the way Michelle Obama and the two Obama daughters have been trashed? I doubt it. They have gotten as much if not more flak as Palin's family.

As for the OP's original question:

No. She doesn't owe anybody anything. She can do as she wants. But if she wants a career in politics then she would be well advised to have a rational and admirable reason for her actions.

By the way, I read somewhere (maybe on here, maybe Twitter) that she is going to take over the Chairmanship of the Republican Party on Friday. If true, she would replace Michael Steele.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Leaving all the hub-bub around likes and dislikes of Palin as a person out of it - my 2cents from the view of Palin a governor.

She would owe an explanation to.....

The Alaskan State Government - State Senate, etc.
The people of Alaska.

That's about all she would actually owe one to that I can think of..

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

oh lord, my eye lashes got stuck together after reading that

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
..... Whats next ... a new VH1 reality show called " Palin of Love" ...

... I always suspected that her resignation had nothing to do with corruption , but with strategy .... as everyone is having a laugh at her expense, .... I beleive she wants to bow out of the public eye, with what little dignity she has left .... Then run for office in a few years .

.... and everyone will say, .... " there's that Sarah Palin, who bow'd out of public office with dignity" all the jokes will be forgotten, and she'll be treated as a returning hero.

.... she's basicaly using the " You always want, what you can't have" technique.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join