It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange encounter with a 'little man'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

That is an amazing story. And because Jim is the type of man you describe him to be, I am positive that he did not make it up.

Also I think the feelings you had there as a child are important in backing up the story.

I do think that little people exist. I think most of them mean well.

I think this one was either nurturing the plants and the forest or else collecting special plants for a 'magic' brew of some kind.

Wow! S & F! Ask him if he has had any similar experiences there, or if his family has.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I too had an encounter with a small "man" many years ago. It was 1957 and I was 6 years old. My mother had taken me along while she shopped for clothes at a K-Mart type department store. I was wandering between the towering racks in the women's lingerie area. I was a small child. The racks of clothes were like tall buildings to me. Between the racks I encountered a small "man". He wore odd clothing and a hat. His skin looked leathery and was bluish-green-brownish in color. We looked at each other for a moment. Then I turned and ran away. After awhile my curiosity had me searching for him between the racks. He was gone. To my knowledge, no one else saw him. No, it wasn't Halloween. He wasn't human and was not just another child. He was there as sure as I'm typing on this keyboard. I have told other people over the years. Some were skeptical and some described similar experiences. I don't doubt the OP's story. I have had many anomalous experiences in my years. That was one of the earliest I can remember.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That was well written and interesting! And I am glad you did not just jump and say "omg frend saw a alien" because it seems majority of these ATS stories are stupid hoaxes that go nowhere.
The highway you said is probably that one in Iceland, it was just a tourism promotion really... that and hippies complaining it was ruining elve scenery (which it was, Iceland is beautiful!)
But supposedly it is like Hessdalen with lights seen there so speculation is through the roof!

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler
WOW that was cool! When she said she planted the whiskey I immediately wished I was you!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

What would he have been doing in a department store I wonder? Certainly not clothes shopping.

The forests and other natural environments are where I believe they dwell. And especially if they want to avoid mankind, why a department store which is full of the beastly creatures (us I mean lol).

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Fellow Cornhusker here. Very cool story... thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

what photo are you referring to,i didn't see one.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Interesting if true.

But how could you remember every little detail your friend told you?
You must have a good memory.

I don't think it was a little man, it was probaly a Grey alien examining the plant life on Earth.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I don't care if this story is a lie or not, because I simply love it.
I love stories like this because even if they aren't true and there's isn't an ounce of possibility it still makes you wonder and dream of a completely different world, for me at least.

Thanks for posting this, made my morning!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAB19
reply to post by ldyserenity

everybody wants somthing to happen them but somtimes its better that nothing happens because what might happened could leave you tormented,it sounds cool like awe i want to meet one but if it was to actaully happen you would feel totally different you kno what i mean?IMO but cool story thou

I have to agree with you. That's what I have been told by someone who all her life has been tormented with strange apparitions and events. She says that she doesn't like "elves" because one used to live by where she grew up, and that one of her brothers strangely drowned in a very small pool of water that was in the area where this "elf" or "gnome" lived. She said that a lot of people knew about this "elf", and they knew he was bad. Her mother even used to tell her about the "elf". She said it was an area surrounded by hills and full of tall grass, shrubs and weeds. The strange thing was that here was an overwhelming amount of insects and spiders all around that area, she emphasized overwhelming.

I am definitely convinced that "elves" and "gnomes" exist and this is why.

About 3 or 4 years ago, a close friend told me and a couple of friends, about something strange that his older brother had told him. His brother was living with his wife and his little girl in a house down in Chula Vista (San Diego California for those who don't know).

One day my friend's brother was outside of the house smoking a cigarette, when he noticed his tweeker neighbor (Meth addict, for those who don't know) peering over to a tree that was in the backyard of the house were my friend's brother lived. He looked like he was trying to spot something. He asked the guy what he was looking for.

His reply was that he was looking for a leprechaun that lives in the tree. He said that in the night he comes out of the tree and walks around. He said that he has seen it several times and that it runs very fast. He said that he has been trying to catch it. When it goes back in to the tree, it just disappears, in to it. At his point my friends brother thought to himself that he was was probably high on drugs and hallucinating.

Anyway, one afternoon they had some people over at the house. After some time, my friends brother was looking for his daughter as she had gone out of sight. He asked one of the person's visiting if he had seen her. The reply was that he saw her somewhere in the house playing with "the other kid." This was surprising to him because he answered that there are no other kids in the house.

When he approached the little girl, she was sitting there as if she was playing with her dolls. They asked the girl who she was playing with, and she answered that her friend. (This story was told to me in Spanish so what I quote are translations of what I remember.) She told them that her "friend who comes out every time they leave from her room." That he is a "little man, that his face is kind of wrinkly and that he has funny clothes." She then said that her little friend lives in the tree in the back yard.

This worried him a bit and thought back at what the neighbor had told him. He did not know what to think of this. I have seen that tree my self, and it is a very large tree, with lots of branches and the roots very visible. I remember seeing this tree before I was told this story, and it gave me a weird feeling.

I have not gone back there since, but I would like to investigate this further. This story was genuinely told to me and I truly believe this happened because they would have no reason to lie about this.

I have had some strange things happen to me before, but not anything involving "gnomes". I still think I would like to see something like that. It is 3:14 AM here and I am sitting all alone at work. Every night I think that this would be the perfect time for something strange to happen.

reply to post by antar

How do you know? You seem to describe it like you definitely know. What is "intracelestrials" anyway? I Googled it, and all it brought back was one result linking it to what you wrote. Try it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

The beings described in these posts (the posts that were serious) are very small.
I have only seen beings so small mentioned in Tim Cridland's book on paranormal lore of Nevada "Weird Las Vegas" in connection with Indian stories about beings that make a sound like a baby's cry. Otherwise, I can find no mention of these on the internet. Probably looking under the wrong name. An alien child would be this small, but not a full-grown one, as far as I know.
If you want to contribute to the science of this subject, send your report to one of the paranormal report database sites. If these sites get enough serious reports, they may be able to establish patterns that can be looked into further.
Any such report should include the date and the location, exactly as possible, where the encounter occurred.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Many people has through history recorded similar experiences. There definitly exists faires, unicorns and stuff like that. But they live in other dimensions and they avoid humans. Personally I don't think they will reveal themselves anytime soon, unless they are forced to by other circumstances.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Interesting post. The first thing that came to mind after reading it was an article about "Pedro" a 14-inch tall mummy found back in the 1930s.

Pedro, the San Pedro Mystery Mummy

In 1932 two men, Cecil Main and Frank Carr, spent a few weeks digging for gold in the San Pedro Mountains of Wyoming. After working a rich vein which seemed to keep continuing into more solid rock, they decided to use dynamite to blast a huge section of the mountainside off and save some time getting at more of the gold.

After the dust from the blast cleared, they found that the rock face they had been chipping away at led to a small cavern about 15 feet long and 4 feet high (4.5m x 1.2m). It had been totally sealed off from the outside world by this thick wall of rock they had been working at, with no visible entrance or even small crack leading into it.

Inside this cavern was a small ledge on which a pixie-like creature sat, cross-legged. It turned out to be a tiny mummy about 7" high (18 cm) with a total height of 14" (35 cm). It's face looked like an old man's. It had a flat head, huge, heavy-lidded eyes and a very wide mouth. It was so well preserved that the finger nails could still be seen on the hands. It gets stranger - the top of it's head was covered in a dark jelly-like substance that was still mushy.

Cecil and Frank carefully took their find to the huge town of Casper, Wyoming where many prominent scientists, sure of a hoax, came from all over the US to have a look at it. Everyone had the idea that this was just a scheme to make money, something invented by the two prospectors to get rich with their discovered anomaly. Dr. Henry Shapiro, an anthropologist from the American Museum of Natural History, set up extensive tests, assuming it would show some type of doll or pieced-together work of taxidermy.

Instead the X-rays showed that "Pedro" had inside him a perfectly formed, manlike skeleton with a complete set of human-like ribs. Also shown was a damaged spine, a broken collarbone and a skull that had been smashed by a heavy blow. It seems Pedro had met with a violent death. The gelatinous substance on his head was exposed brain tissue and congealed blood. Ew! The fontanels - the soft spots in the skull which mesh to a solid plate as a baby matures to childhood - were closed, proving that this had indeed been a full grown adult. Pedro had a full set of adult teeth but the odd difference to us regular humans was that he had overly pointed canines - what we'd call "vampire" teeth.

The overall estimate was that the being had been about 65 years old at the time of death and dated 'far back into history'.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

well, let's check out that clearing and try to see if we can rustle us up some little man wearing a camouflage jumpsuit

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, the indians around here (Oklahoma) call them Nunnapes. I don't think there's a correct way to spell that in english.
They say these little guys are playful, mischievous, and live in dried out creekbeds, like in the sides of them.

I have an article for you, I'll send it in a U2U when I find it OP.

nvm Shep got it before me =)

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What an interesting story. Thank you for posting it. Such an odd experience indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Man reading that makes me want to go hiking.. Living in the Tampa FL. area you really miss the woods and the trees and esp. the Mountains! I used to live in Connecticut and miss taking hikes in the mountains.. I would love to be in such a remote spot in the US Mountain region somewhere, that there wasn't one single human being within a 5 mile radius.. that's getting harder and harder to do nowadays.. Colorado would be my best shot.. or Alaska during the summer.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It was a leprachaun!!

The Irish are all over the world!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
good story, it was probably a grey collecting plant samples, for medicinal purposes of course.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This story reminds me of a tale I was told by an Australian friend of mine who goes hunting a lot, he was in the area of Coffs Harbour, out bush, when he saw a dark skinned 'man'. He reckoned him to be about two foot tall and he was very startled by my buddy. Years later I heard a chap on Brisbane radio talk about a race of people said to live around this area, well known by the local Aboriginals (they had a name but its lost in my memory). All are said to be of very small stature and very dark skinned. Of course there are many entities known to the Aboriginals, the Yowie and Bunyip being a couple and they are all accepted to be real within the Dreamtime. Hope this information helps a little.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Really good story, thanks. You said you didn't think the pictures you posted were that spectacular, but really, I think it looks beautiful up there...

This reminds me of something that happened to me as a kid, but I think that's for a different thread as it's more paranormal related(?).

If you've got anymore pictures to post that'd be great and a googlemaps link would be awesome too.

Has he/you been up there since? Some pictures in the "grove" would be cool.

Thanks for posting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join