It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools bar parents from sports day... to keep out paedophiles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scared angel

Acutally this is PC/Nanny stae Uk gone bsolutely bonkers. I donot believe for one second every single parent has agreed to this ban. My kids would certainly not be takenpart in any sports day, If I was told I couldnot attend due to first claim they made, Health and Safety, then they changed thier tune, saying it was in case certain individuals whomight not be parent might be there also.

Oks while I understand, the safetyoff any child is paramount, but it is getting really ridiculous that this is evenhappening.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Perhaps we have new candidates for the burka - our own children? I mean, if it stops Muslim men from ravishing women in the street, it would surely work for child-hungry molesters, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
This is political correctness gone absolutely mad, what an earth are they thinking? how long must the once great, Britain go on like this ? when will the people wake up
geeese....sounds like your in the same mess we are across the pond. It is getting worse here too...the schools are more like penial systems here. Start of the year handouts are 90% rules and offense charges....its sad. Whenever kids make mistakes they call the cops. I hate the NWO

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

I hardly think that your comment has got anything to do with the article., or any relation to it

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why don't they just give parents tickets and have some security gaurds or police as it is a big event that should stop anyone who isn't sopposed to be there getting in.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Curious to know, if the media in the U.K. has picked up on it and if so, how has the public responded.

I mean, do they feel its a normal thing to do ?

Again, me and several colleagues are dumb founded at this extreme and obvious abuse use of power, not mention the stupidity of people with an iq equal to horse sh#t.

I think in the U.S. its much safer, you get tapped without even knowing about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I don't agree with you often but I would agree with you here.

That is just outright ridiculous.

If your worried about security, make it a ticketed event, and check IDs.

How hard is that?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I have not seen anything with regards to this reported at National Level onthe news channel, Might have been reported on the local news channels.

Maybe someone whom lives in that area, who might be a member onheremightbe able to tellus all.

But no mention what so ever. This will probably be swept under the carpet like evrything else.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OK, here's a thought. They keep the parents away from the function and then some kid actually is abducted, abused, and killed. Who would take responsibility for that! Would they then arrest the child's parents for allowing the child to attend without proper supervision to cover the arses of the teachers?? Probably, with the logic these administrators are taking on the subject!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I guess that would be something that lawyers would need to look into. On that note, is there a particular law in the U.K. which gives power to the teaches over the parents. ?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I really don't know. That's why I asked the question! It seems that way because no parents said to hell with the idea and showed up anyway. I know I would have! If just to see how my children were being treated and what they were being told!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

No, The authorities would have to be held to account if a child was abducted, but as per usual the authorities would try and pass the buck onto the parents for say signing a form saying thier child could participate inthe sports day.

I think tere would be a backlash if that happenned. But nothing amazes me in this country nowadays.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We need to employ this guy, he will route out those Paedophiles.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Hahaha!! Ahhahahaha!

That's a funny one!!! Hehehehehe!!!

They're joking, right?

They can't be serious. Banning parents from watching their own children means that the terro- sorry, the paedophiles have already won!

Welcome in NEW WORLD ORDER where YOUR security is more important than anything else.

Helen Lovejoy's quote from The Simpsons, "Won't somebody think of the children!", has been taken too far!

Lol, wouldn't go as far as mentioning the NWO here. Nothing like that at all.

In fact, it's not surprising a school has done this. It's sad when a parent is not able to watch their kid play a sport because the school fears that a child molester might be among the crowd. However, one positive note: none of those annoying soccer moms or dads getting in fights over who's kid is better

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
UK what a surprise, this is only 4 schools not all of them.
Yet another PC brigade stunt, punish the many to stop the few.
What makes me laugh is that for countless years schools have hosted sports days and not had abductions.
This is the lunatics that think paedophilia is a new thing, going overboard on basically telling us all there are nasty men ready to snap up your kids when your not looking.

Schools are now covered with CCTV, security guards, fences and stricter rules When I was a kid we had the playground next to a busy road and plenty of alleys leading off and guess what, not one kid went missing...or was paedophilia not fashionable back then?

To be honest sports days seem less likely an easy target for paedos, all the teachers are out in force, so are most of the parents and the kids are assembled into groups monitored closely.

I think paedophiles only need knock about parks or the beach for victims, and it isn't happening there either at the rate these hysterical do gooders are making out.
Overblown nonsense that is punishing everybody but the paedo's.

It's this over dramatized hype that makes us men get looks when walking with our kids, for the idiots that stare at men with kids, they are the kids dad,other relative or carer 99.999% of the time and if they are a paedo then the nasty look isn't going to deter the paedo anyway.

www.smh.com.au...

The numbers vary from country to country, but everywhere the likelihood of a child being snatched by a stranger is almost indescribably tiny. In Britain, a Home Office report states: "There were 59 cases involving a stranger successfully abducting a child or children, resulting in 68 victims." With 11.4 million children under 16, that works out to a risk of 1 in 167,647. (Note that the British and American numbers are based on different definitions and calculation methods; they aren't directly comparable.)

More, and it covers the idiots who dodge vaccinating children.
blogs.webmd.com...

[edit on 3-7-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nobody should ever do anything.. EVER.. because something bad MIGHT happen and we "Don't Want That(TM)"

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Exactly what I was thinking of. The parents should no obey these rules under no circumstances. What is the school to do if they attend? Have them arrested? This won't last. Nothing can keep pedophiles away. School administrations are idiots anyway and this further adds proof to that.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I bet graduation day is gonna be a real drag at that school.

Can't think of anything else to add.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
that is soooo wrong......JUST GIVE UP IF YOU CANT PROTECT THE CHILDREN ??.. COWARDS...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by tezzajw
Welcome in NEW WORLD ORDER where YOUR security is more important than anything else.

Perhaps where this is all leading is to a system where parents will no longer raise their children past the age of 1. At their first birthday they will be taken by the government to be raised in federal facilities and indoctrinated in how to be 'good citizens' (whatever that may be).

Don't give these people any ideas. Sometimes it seems they are ripping their policy right from the pages of conspiracy novels...Using 1984 as a manual...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join