It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my wife has this dream/vision and now she has 101 degree temperature, now what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
About a week ago my wife had a dream that in July a lot of people were going to get sick and she needs to watch out. Now my wife has had some dreams/visions where she belives God tells her/warns her about things and sometimes things happen like she dreamed. She was wondering if maybe swine flu would get bad.

Without thinking about her dream we took our family to Six Flags where there were tons of people are probably lots of germs, maybe even swine flu.

Last night she started feeling like she was getting sick and then thought about that vision she had and wondered if maybe we should have skipped the theme park trip. Now today she is feeling much worse, her whole body is very achy, throat hurts, and she just had to leave work early because she feels too sick. I just took her temp and it's 101.1 degrees.

Now my question is should I just give her rest and keep her home? Should we go to the doctors? We don't have top notch healthcare either as we are covered through medi-cal. We strongly are against tamiflu or any vaccine so is it even worth going to the doctors? Should we just not worry because it's probably just a lil flu? As a side note we both have also had MRSA and seems like it never goes away until recently from vitamins but if we stop taking the vitamins it comes back. Seems as MRSA has been playing a part in some swine flu deaths.

I have given her colloidial silver, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and a liquid multi-vitamin already.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Six flags is a good place to pick up any bugs.

With a fever over 100 it is good to see a doc , and make sure she does not have strep .

If it is the flu, there is nothing you really can do but ride it out.
I had it this year and it was no fun. The zicam helped some, but now it has been pulled.

The dream could have been because this was on her mind with it in the news etc. If she thinks it means something, than to her it does. I do not think it means she is going to die though.

I would goto doc though.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would try Tylenol to break the fever, and drink lots of fluids so she doesn't get dehydrated. With a temp of 101, and a history of MRSA, it would be a very good idea to get checked out at a hospital. There could be a serious infection going on somewhere in her body. Just because you go into the hospital for the flu, doesn't mean that they will give you the vaccine. I believe it is your choice to get it or not. IMO go get her seen at the hospital or family doctor.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope your wife feels better and pulls through, my sister went to six flags last weekend with her 2 kids..The oldest one is now sick and she is starting to feel sickly, I told my nephew he could come stay with me for awhile if he doesnt want to get sick.. Told her to vitamin up and maybe both of them should see a doctor..If things don't start to get better within the next day she should go see the doctor.

About the dream part, I have dreams all the time about what i have read/seen, just whatever is in my mind at the time.. Sometimes the dreams are vivid and i can remember others not so much..

Health and happiness for all!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It could be a possible, self fullfilling prophecy.

She has a vision? What caused this hallucination? Nothing illegal I hope.

But that should be question to, i'm surprised your not concerned she has had a hallucination.

But if we disregard the first symptom of a disease, we see she is getting sick, either because the worrying about the hallucination is ruining her immune system, or because her mind is making her believe she is sick, and in turn she is gettin sick.

Now if we go back i'd be curious to what she eats, hopefully a healthy diet, check her hormone levels, women can become quite the people when those are out of line.

If the temp reaches 104 go to the emergency room, for now get to a doctor as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

You should seriously consider taking your wife to the hospital. This flu behaves funny. Because of the widespread use of aspirin and tylenol some patients may not experience a high fever and still be quite sick.

Until you make up your mind try a few more doses of colloidal silver. It's pretty safe.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
It could be a possible, self fullfilling prophecy.

She has a vision? What caused this hallucination? Nothing illegal I hope.

But that should be question to, i'm surprised your not concerned she has had a hallucination.

But if we disregard the first symptom of a disease, we see she is getting sick, either because the worrying about the hallucination is ruining her immune system, or because her mind is making her believe she is sick, and in turn she is gettin sick.

Now if we go back i'd be curious to what she eats, hopefully a healthy diet, check her hormone levels, women can become quite the people when those are out of line.

If the temp reaches 104 go to the emergency room, for now get to a doctor as soon as possible.

No hallucinations lol, no illegal substances. It was while she was sleeping at night. We eat a pretty healthy diet, mostly organic foods.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Does anyone know the incubation period on these flu's? Does it vary with your health or is it pretty much all the same?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Put a Be Kool soft gell sheet on her fore head or a cabbage poultice. Take fever reducing medication. Do research on foods and herbs which aid the immune system.Visit doctor to make sure it is not a bacterial infection or food poisoning.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Okay, well thats good to hear!

Do you get a lot of protein in your diet, I know people hate meat, but even so you can eat peanuts and beans and get alot of protein that way.

I would say most of it is just a wonderful imagination but even so, since she is getting sick, the first step is always go see your personal physician.

It really shouldn't be webmd, although, it is quite a good site.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If I were you I would call an ER, tell them about her past medical history and what is happening now and follow their advice.

Hope she is well soon,

STM

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Have her rest and give her some catnip tea with honey. Don't eat anything throughout the day and drink a cup every 3-5 hours.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll let you know how things go. It's been an hour since I checked her temp so I just did it again and it's still 101.1

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
!!! What are you waiting for? Honestly? Even under normal circumstances I would say one can only wait 24 hours at 100+ temperatures.

At 101.1 with all this swine flu business going around... Go to the doctor. Now. Before you wait a few days and that fever doesn't go down and you have to hit the hospital from the back of an ambulance.

Go now while its still early.

They may require a shot. I am against vaccines too. Freaking mercury! But I ask you what is the worse of two evils in this situation you face right now.

Her sick and you reading this wondering about what to do as she gets sicker....or taking her to the hospital having your worst fears confirmed and being forced into a shot..... OR choice 3 Your worst fear is not confirmed but is true but lingers and gets worse because your here putting off what you know you need to do.

Goto the clinic man.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Strep is not unlikely, I had it 11 years ago and it was so painful I won't ever forget it (lost hearing to it as well). Hope she feels better.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Psychosomatic Illness anyone?

Either way, you should take her to see a Doc.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

She could have been battling flu for a few days- and the dreams/visions could have been night fevers.

God knows there's a reason to feel fear about this- and it could manifest in dreams.

With MRSA, though, I'd pop into the doc. No one can MAKE her take anything (yet) and it's good to check any adult with a fever over 100-101.

Be well and we're thinking of you

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It could be psychological honesty, if she was already worried because of the visions she believes she has and than she went against those warnings this could be a simple anxiety issue, and anxiety can manifest its self in many physical symptoms, it seems she may have broke her typical ritual that follows her dreams/visions so this could be it.

But if you two have a history of MRSA, I would say go to a doctor that's not something you want to play around with, I know you may not trust them but sometimes you need to put aside your opinions and get help, they aren't all bad honestly and if this is a serious infection she could die, worst case scenario would you want the death of your wife on your hands because of your strong opinions that may not even be completely true to begin with, not all doctors are the devil if they were I'd be dead long ago with all the medical issues I have, they've saved my life many times.

I've had horrid infections, from pseudonymous to Osteomyelitis and even thought I had MRSA for a little while and trust me if it is an infection of any kind taking some herbs/over the counter remedies is not going to help and if it does there was more than likely no infection to begin with.

Please be careful, and good luck your wife is my thoughts and I truly hope this passes with no issues.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well she still has a high temp, just slightly higher at 101.3. We decided if she gets to 103 temp then we will just go to the doctors to be on the safe side.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
While I am all for home based treatment, you
need to get her in to the doc! Fevers are not to be taken lightly.
It is usually the body's way of trying to fight infection and can indicate
and/or escalate into something very serious.
(I am not a doc but have decades of real world experience)
Let us know how it progresses if possible. Hope all goes well!
Advice is free, its everything else that costs out the ying yang.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join