It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my wife has this dream/vision and now she has 101 degree temperature, now what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Bacteria and viruses can only thrive within a very narrow temperature range. That's why the body elevates its temperature when these things enter - to kill them off.

To artificially fight a fever is to enable a longer sickness. In days past before antibiotics, it was not uncommon for folks to elect to be given Malaria - to fight syphillus. If you died, too bad, but if you survived the Malaria and the accompanying high fever, your Syphillus was gone.

A 101 fever is a little high, but we all know that it's not terminal. You mentioned it was holding. Watch her, and be sure she forces down plenty of fluids.

If it starts getting 102, then definately get her to the Doctor.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hey Dooper! Sup?
Thanks for explaining that a little better.
I am selfish with my words sometimes. But I do mean well...
Thats a scary treatment you speak of!
Reminds me of the old practice of drilling a hole in the head
to rid a person of evil spirits!

I'm always amazed how we survived before antibiotics!

Any who, thanks for your posts! Always insightfull!

Maybe it was just an ancient form of brain surgery?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

There's not much that heat, salt, and silver won't help the body take care of.

Every time I start to get sick with a cold or the flu, I intentionally elevate my body temperature immediately, soaking in a tub as hot as I can stand it, then laying on a heating pad.

Sickness is usually gone the next day.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thought I would update everyone on her. She is still having a temp between 100 - 101.5. Called the hospital yesterday and they said she does not need to come in, gave some tips to help the fever. They said if she gets to a temp of 103 then we should come in.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingfanpaul

I would seriously wait until her fever went down, please do not go to the ER unless you want to wait it out for 5-6 hours and get charged a lot of money only to be told she may have the regular flu or nothing at all? I only go to the ER for emergencies and having the flu is not an emergency. If she does get worse, then call your doctor, and see if they will take you. Meanwhile my advice is to keep giving her meds and check her temp every few hours, and ask her how she personally feels. I do this with my kids and I have broguht their fevers down on my own within a day. I wish you luck and hopefully she just got the regular flu bug. Please keep us updated.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Good news bad news

The good- My wife is feeling better and has resturned to work today.

The bad- My son has had a 100-101 temp for 2 days and now has a temp of 103.1. I have all his clothes off now and if that does not work we are going to take a cool bath. If those both fail then I will be going to the hospital tonight

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Damn! Bad luck!

I was told when I had double pneumonia that my temperature reached 104, but what I do remember is them hauling my ass down the hall to a bath of cold water. Thought I would die!

Hey, keep us posted.

Sorry 'bout this. When it's family, it's particularly troubling.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You are in our thoughts and prayers! As a parent, I understand the total feeling of panic when one of the little ones is sick!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You might consider calling the ER again 'cause if I recall right the threshold of high temperatures for children is different than adults. I'd make an emergency call to his pediatrician also, if you can reach him.

Hope he is well soon,

STM

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
His temp is starting to go down a little. I got his clothes off and I ran to the store and got some tylenol kids with no artificial colors for him. It still high though at 101.

More troubling news is I started a new art/computer imaging class at college today and my teacher has just e-mailed me and said class is canceled for at least tuesday and wednesday because she has come down with the flu and has high temp, she had house guests over the weekend who had the flu and now she has caught it.

Man with all this exposure I am getting to the flu I hope I can fight it off.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Kingfanpaul]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Time for another update.

So I talked to my kids doctor yesterday and and she said they are seeing a large amount of people getting the flu now which is unusual. She said they do suspect some of these kids do have H1N1 but everyone in our area is just getting very mild symptoms. She told me if he continues with a high fever for 6 days or his fever gets a lot worse then to bring him in. Luckily later that night he started cooling off and now today he looks even better.

But I get home today and now my daughter has a 102.5 temperature! I hope I continue to be strong and fight off this bug so I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A few things you can do... if you have a local health food store, pickup something called "Umcka." Take two drops sublingually (do not drink or eat anything 15-20 mins before and after) 2-3 times daily. It will DRASTICALLY reduce the duration of the sickness.

At night, I also advise she take two drops of oil of oregano under her tongue before bed. Echinacea will help boost her immune system. To stimulate her immune system and the elimination of mucus/waste along with helping to break the fever, she can do wet sock therapy (search for that in google). It works wonders.

Lastly, wouldn't suggest eating... let her digestive system have a break and fast for a couple of days on nothing but water. She'll get better very quickly. I hope this helps.

<< 1   >>

join