It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Interviews: Hussein Lied About WMD Out of Fear of Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

FBI Interviews: Hussein Lied About WMD Out of Fear of Iran

www.foxnews.com

Saddam Hussein let the world believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction because he did not want to appear weak to Iran, according to the Washington Post.
In interviews with the FBI before he was hanged, the former Iraqi president also denounced Usama bin Laden as "a zealot" and said the United States was not Iraq's enemy, the Post reports.

In fact, he claimed, he felt so vulnerable to the threat from "fanatic" leaders in Tehran that he would have been prepared to seek a "security agreement with the United States to protect [Iraq] from threats in the region," according to declassif
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com
pubrecord.org
www.reuters.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is a shocker!! Not.....

According to these reports Hussein was bluffing with his WMD claims in an effort to keep Iran from trying to take over southern Iraq...

It's more than troubling that this info was known in 2004 and only now being revealed?

Was this info stifled because the gov't didn't believe Hussein? More likely it was kept close to the vest because it further clarified the cries of those who said there are no WMDs in Iraq..

How many lives were lost in order for some people to save face and reap the rewards of the contracts in the country..

With the economy in recession, don't be surprised if those in the war business are looking for the next "cash cow" to continue their profiteering at the cost of soldiers' and civilians' lives.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's sad and pathetic to see our countries leaders resort to doing something like they have done. How many American/Iraqi lives paid the price to raise the stock of Republican war monger companies.

The next saddest thing is watching people still support these monsters. I just left a thread applauding John Boenher of Ohio. It's scary to still see people following these traitors to our once great country.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nice little twist..

This one deserves an emmy.

Sounds like the American government is running out of ideas and taking advantage of the latest upheaval. Pretty pathetic really.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I like how you single out the Republic when its now Obama in power expanding the war he promised to end. Both parties are equally corrupt and that of the same.. minus Ron Paul.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

I agree this sounds like more propaganda in the case that the US decided to take the task to liberate Iran from their oppressive, theocratic and totalitarian cleric ruling class.

What a joke, Iran is so dangerous that they want to wipe the world out of the map of earth, because even Saddam was afraid of them.

Perhaps it was some truth on Saddam's wanting to look like a bully in the region but that was for personal and national reasons.

Now the government and profiteers are taking advantage of the physiological repercussions of such statement.

Thanks JacKatMtn this thread just made my day.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oh don't mistake my meaning. I am not happy with Obama's handling of this war but it was George and the neo-cons that did it and raked in the bucks while the Republicans cheered and condemned anyone who tried to raise a word in opposition. If anyone tried they were called unamerican and asked "How dare you question the President in time of war". Doesn't seem to hold true now though does it.

All this about bad intelligence and it wasn't Bush's fault. Bad intel my #ss. I remember Han Blix, Richard Clark and even more sources telling them there were no weapons. I have a video of Colin Powell and Condyloma Rice stating not three months before the invasion that Saddam was no threat and had no weapons. It was all crap, they made that war to get even richer plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Pot calling the kettle black...

If Hussein was lying about WMDs to keep Iran at bay....

and the US knew this info in 2004...

Then one would reason that the US has lied about them as well...

I was one of those who thought the WMDs were hustled out via NW Iraq into Syria... I remember the presentation by Powell at the UN, I remember the Nigerian yellowcake deal.. I could never quite grasp the Osama-Saddam connection, but I fell for the rest of that stuff...

It is very disheartening to know that those elected to serve the people, could care less about those people...

Two words that will not be compatible for the rest of my days....

Trust and Government...

This new administration is no better, just pushing a new money making angle...

A new pie is in the oven..

Our collective money is the main ingredient

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

But you know why Iran is so "dangerous" right? China billions of investments in foreign natural resources from around the world including vast amounts of drilling projects in Iran.

Iran declaring in 2008 that they will not longer sell their oil in dollars even when they are part of the OPEC and successfully getting away with that.

Even when Saddam could not and got invaded and killed.

Then Iran choosing China to become their biggest buyer of oil, no sir, we can not allowed Iran to get away with that, Right?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Come on Marg...

You are basing your assumptions on facts...

That is irrelevant when it comes to disclosing what are government is really doing..

Get with the program!!! The important stuff is being broadcast 24/7..

You know..

The latest snippet concerning the aftermath of losing a pop star

We all know how important that is in the scheme of things...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Occurs is important he invented the "moon walk" and we all know the impact that created in our everyday lives.

I am truly in the believe that US have something plan for Iran very soon, we know that Soldiers has been taken away from Iraq cities so where are they going to put them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It took the mans death bed confession to figure that out???
Our government's a joke. It was a joke when Bush was in office and it's a joke now that Obama's in office.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Wait a minute...

Hold the phone!

So this info comes out in 2004 but we invaded in 2003 way before this info came to light so by that time we had already invaded we were pretty much committed to the control of Iraq after the fact. SO...

Where is the conspiracy?

I mean if Saddam didn't deny WMD before 03 and we "Possibly" didn't know it was bogus and hind site being what it is it's easy to sit here now and say...

I told you so!

I don't get it, did I miss something here?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes you are missing something!He fn well denied having WMD!

Looks like history is being rewritten,yet again!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That doesn't hold water for me, even if the US gov't was going in to the Iraq war with the evidence presented to the UN, minus the attempt to tie them to BinLaden, what is the point of holding on to Hussein's interrogation details for five years?

What was the point of continuing with the occupation after no WMDs were found? Ooh.. sorry we blew up your country, we were misinformed... your leader misled us when he was trying to mislead Iran... don't be pissed, we can fix everything, we just need to clear out the Al Qaida folks and Ooooops, it looks like Iran is now trying to take over the southern portion of your country much like Hussein said, so we will need to blow up some more things and some people will get hurt. Don't worry, we will help you rebuild, we will train you, we will sell you weapons, we will bring electricity and water to your neighborhoods......etc.. etc.. etc...

What is the point of releasing the details of the interview now?

To make the past administration look bad?

Which would justify the expedited pull out from the country?

It's all very ugly, especially to me, I am a veteran, I spent my time in Desert Shield/Desert Storm, I didn't ask why, I was deployed and I served..

I support our troops 100%, we didn't ask to be sent there, they didn't think they couldn't trust those with the power to send them....

Look where they are..look where we are...

I was stupid enough to believe that the government had learned from it's mistakes in the Vietnam conflict, even after my time during Gulf War 1, when alot of people were calling for the advance to Baghdad, we did not, which made sense to most everyone in the area which I served, we were defending Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, we weren't looking to conquer the nation of Iraq.

So I thought it was a good call..

We, (Coalition) did right, maybe something was learned from Vietnam...

I was terribly wrong.

Sorry if you don't agree with me, it's your right...

I feel betrayed, and that's my right.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

So I thought it was a good call..

We, (Coalition) did right, maybe something was learned from Vietnam...

I was terribly wrong.

Sorry if you don't agree with me, it's your right...

I feel betrayed, and that's my right.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by JacKatMtn]

It is absolutely your right to feel betrayed and, in my opinion, justified. I am no great fan of Bush I but he conducted Gulf War I very effectively. He took action to protect allies (and yes, oil) but resisted the temptation to turn an opportunity to continue on to Iraqi capital.

Too bad his son didn't learn the same lesson.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
He had problems with IRAN like a war.
We probable told him to lie to back off IRAN.
I know he built a trench to stop any advance of IRAN.
That was in the news with a satellite view at one time.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is why are these files or whatever they are "interviews" are being declassified now...

Like doesn't this stuff usually get declassified alot later then say 5 years later. I don't know im just wondering on that.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by toraylin]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No offense but you're making a lot of assumptions about my view of the topic...

I never bought the whole WMD bit. I always knew in the back of my mind it was oil and to have a major influence in the region.

I understand your frustration.

The point I was making was what did it matter after we entered, we were in.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh noes, Saddam was on our side, and he didn't like Iran either!

The transparent motivations for this story breaking are painfully obvious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join