It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Interviews: Hussein Lied About WMD Out of Fear of Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

"What was the point of continuing with the occupation after no WMDs were found?"

We went in to do a job but we couldn't leave Iraq in a vulnerable state. In 2004 the insurgency was peaking. Don't you remember the whole debate about the "Surge" and how Obama could not admit until the very end that it actually did work? Pulling out at the height of the insurgency would have been a sign to terrorists everywhere that the U.S. was weak and would give in to insurgency!

"What is the point of releasing the details of the interview now?

To make the past administration look bad? "

Exactly! The current administration watches the polls and they damn well know their numbers are falling! They know Americans are pissed at their shenanigans and they are trying to restore the old hatreds against the previous administration so they can goad the American people into giving them a pass at doing whatever they want to do!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So he admits to everything, and his admissions are all logical, any leader would have done it..

And then we hung him? Or rather, gave him to a local militia to hang in a parking garage.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow, Saddam was actually a pretty normal sounding guy.

I understand why the US chose him to be dictator of Iraq. He's a fairly smart, down to earth person. He's actually the kind of guy I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a cup of tea with.

The torture stuff was despicable, but we torture too (not to mention supported Saddam when he was at his worst), so don't hold it against me that I would have liked to chat with him and get his insights into 21st century politics

Too bad he's dead

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

"What was the point of continuing with the occupation after no WMDs were found?"

We went in to do a job but we couldn't leave Iraq in a vulnerable state. In 2004 the insurgency was peaking. Don't you remember the whole debate about the "Surge" and how Obama could not admit until the very end that it actually did work? Pulling out at the height of the insurgency would have been a sign to terrorists everywhere that the U.S. was weak and would give in to insurgency!

The insurgents were Iraqi's defending their "homeland." The same thing would happen in the USA if Russia or someone invaded us. All over Russian news you'd hear about American insurgents trying to kill democracy.

The real reason we didn't leave after WMD's weren't found is because we did not go in there to get WMDs, we went in there to control the most valuable resources on earth, and ensure that it continues to be denominated solely in United States Dollars.

"What is the point of releasing the details of the interview now?

To make the past administration look bad? "

Exactly! The current administration watches the polls and they damn well know their numbers are falling! They know Americans are pissed at their shenanigans and they are trying to restore the old hatreds against the previous administration so they can goad the American people into giving them a pass at doing whatever they want to do!

I'm not sure how releasing the truth is suppose to make the Bush administration "look bad." The acts of the previous administration speak for themselves, and that is enough to make them look bad. Sort of a ridiculous argument on your part -- you must be a real bush lover.

Furthermore, these tapes were released under freedom of information act, and I'm betting we didn't even get all the tapes anyways. An NSA analyst claims Saddam never talked about his cover relationships with the USA while we were supporting his atrocities. Too bad we don't have a functioning media in America, or you might know that.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The FBI is acting like this is all new to them.
Is this the deception section.
Bush lied like whole lot lied for ages.
More lies now to cover old lies.
So we had to find the WMDs cause we didn't know.
As who's to say what Hussein said.
He most likely spit in the FBI faces and had to be contained like
he heard the silence of the lambs.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Wow, Saddam was actually a pretty normal sounding guy.

I understand why the US chose him to be dictator of Iraq. He's a fairly smart, down to earth person. He's actually the kind of guy I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a cup of tea with.

The torture stuff was despicable, but we torture too (not to mention supported Saddam when he was at his worst), so don't hold it against me that I would have liked to chat with him and get his insights into 21st century politics

Too bad he's dead

That's exactly how they want you to think.

Now dont get me wrong, he probably was a pretty average normal guy. But that's not the point, the point is that they're suddenly painting him to be so normal, and having the same values as us in a sense, so that we will view Amadinejad as being truly even more evil, scary, and dangerous than Saddam ever was.

If they tell you one thing, and then couple years later tell you a totally different thing, be suspicious! Use critical thinking.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I understand your frustration.

The point I was making was what did it matter after we entered, we were in.

That's what it is.. frustration....

Disappointment... whatever the term may be, but it was not intended to be directed specifically at you...

Most of it was reflecting on my views of the whole situation.

However, I don't quite grasp the we're in concept...

Are you saying it was too late to acknowledge a mistake? Too late to say "Hey, people are dying because our data was flawed?"

If it was a face saving move, "well we're commited" so we can't back down....

I have a HUGE problem with that, and patriotic as I am, and supportive of my fellow fighting men and women, this outrage has nothing to do with them... it goes higher.. to the one's who use those in uniform as pawns...

Nothing against you SLAYER69, Heck, I may not even make sense right now, I am just venting....

This news story just hit a nerve...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Saddam was not a nice guy. With his sons he took pleasure in horrific sadistic torture of political and sexual prisoners by the thousands.

The 60% Shiite majority in the country suffered persecution and perpetual 3rd class citizenship.

He gassed a whole town of 5000 Kurds just to show them what to expect if there was ever an uprising.

Mass graves are still being discovered throughout Iraq.

Along with Kuwait he was prepared to invade Saudi Arabia. The reason they called in the Americans.

He was the archetypal strongman thug who rose to power. The US found him useful for years. Then he became an egomaniac. Building palaces throughout what he thought was his personal kingdom. The people of the Iraq were just his toys he could play with.

Mike

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
If it was a face saving move, "well we're commited" so we can't back down....

That's EXACTLY what happened IMO.

They weren't sure, then as the Crap unfolded they realized they screwed up and by political standards that would have been suicide. To just stop in the middle of the situation it would have been an even bigger disaster. I never understood how some people think Bush and his band of merry men were so stupid on some issues yet on the other they were very crafty to the point of masterminding all that they are supposed to credited with.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
S&F this is very important information even if coming through an MSM outlet that never questioned anything during that period of time.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

They weren't sure, then as the Crap unfolded they realized they screwed up and by political standards that would have been suicide. To just stop in the middle of the situation it would have been an even bigger disaster. I never understood how some people think Bush and his band of merry men were so stupid on some issues yet on the other they were very crafty to the point of masterminding all that they are supposed to credited with.

Disagree SLAYER. GWB come into the Oval Office with Big Daddy on his case to resolve unfinished business in Iraq. The Saudis told Bush Sr not to pull Saddam out of his palace. It would set a bad precedent. The lame thinking was with Saddam weakened and discredited there would be a popular uprising against him. We know better now how the Middle East likes revolutions.

9/11 was the excuse, Saddam was breaching the no fly zone, selling his oil under the table to France, China, et al - and threatening to go off the dollar.
Iraq was strategic for intimidating the Iranians. They delusionally thought they'd be welcome in Iraq like Americans liberating France in WWII.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join