It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by Edrick

I liked your other answer better. :-/
Anyway...good job!

So did I, but it was wrong.

IT seems that this is not a planet at all... but something else.

"if we eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
-Sherlock Holmes

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

It looks like a couple of TIE fighters trying to get back to the death star got waxed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Asteroid? Space ship? planet X? My ex boyfriends momma finally jumped off of earth and really did start to orbit the sun? what is it?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

I'll take your word on the math

The question I have is this.
Since we are looking at a photograph, would not the brightness of the object "distort" the pixels.

What I mean is, if you had a dull object and a super bright object (both the same size), wouldn't the super bright one have more pixels due to the glare?

Hope you understand what I am trying to say here..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ok, you know what.... forget my math... I just found another error...

Uhg, I need sleep.

Sorry!

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

It happens. I'm going to stick with the theory about it being my ex's momma...and go to bed with a giggle. get some rest and maybe try again tomorrow?

link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I understand what you are trying to say with the brightness creating more pixels, there could also be distortion by solar flares if the object is behind the sun.
All I know is "that's no moon!"

M

link   
reply to post by Edrick

Even without the math, I think it's safe to assume that this is NOT mercury.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Im not knowlegeable as far as the pics or information is concerned but, if we have a rare and major event taking place could it have been preceeded by the many examples that have been noted of animals or weather behaving oddly?

Also, the fact that so many countries have been launching satelites and missions to space might be a pointer to something new taking or about to take place.

A big thanks to all who have tried to keep us lesser experienced users up to date with their ideas and conjecture, We might be witnessing the most important thread ever started on ATS, or......we are wrong and things are as normal as they can ever be in this day and age.

Respects

[edit on 2-7-2009 by captiva]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
here is a size comparison for the two...link so i am still not sure

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

And why isn't the MSM talking about it

micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal
this may be why!

[edit on 2-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by leira7

micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal jackson micheal

If this is as big as some of us fear, we can all end up like michael jackson.

And by that I mean dead, not...
you know what, nevermind.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by toast317

you mean .i'm gonna say it toast?

anyway i still can't get those pictures i took this morning up. any ideas? tried photo bucket need an account.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

making a account doesn't take long, pretty simple. Just hurry up and show us those pics! Im desperate.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am thinking it is probably Mercury.That is my opinion anyways. Here are some astronomical event sites that may help:

www.qppstudio.net...

www.delscope.demon.co.uk...

stellarinsights108.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You could use a site like tinypic.com it's the most simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow, 9 pages in 9 hours. Something weird is going on up there, I can feel it.

Originally posted by morefiber
reply to post by 2theC

It looks like a couple of TIE fighters trying to get back to the death star got waxed.

lolol, they got totally blasted, good game. I'm gonna go with...Santa Claus
I hope he does'nt hurl fiery coals on the Earth, or maybe I do, I want something to happen damn it.
If it is Nibiru, that would be friggin' awesome, as I once scoffed at the idea. A winged planet, like that crop circle of the mythical phoenix rising from the ashes. That sign does not look comforting at all, someone up there is pissed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
very interesting post indeed. I am not very knowledgable with this stuff, however I found this link to information about Mercury throughout July which may help some of you make sense of this.

Hope it helps.

astroplanet.info...

G.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by phi1618

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
That's nothing, just a piece of the other half of our binary star system returning for another pass like it does every few thousand of years. Nothing will happen though, besides a few hsaken feathers. it is just hte yin to our yang, dark to our light.

But in the words of the NWO.
none of you see that. Pay no attention to the planet behind the curtain.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled conspiracy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

originally posted by phi 618

source? how do you know this? or where did you see it? are you 100% sure?

No, I'm not 100% sure of this. It is just a theory and we can't ever be 100% certain of theories. Unfortunately, I wish I could be 100% and provide undeniable proof to this. But I can't, all I can provide is the resources for you to search and come to your own conclusion.

"Pair of stars moving in orbit around their common centre of mass. Observations show that most stars are binary, or even multiple – for example, the nearest star system to the Sun, Rigil Kent (Alpha Centauri)."
"Another type is the eclipsing binary, a double star in which the two stars periodically pass in front of each other as seen from Earth. When one star crosses in front of the other, the total light received on Earth from the two stars declines. The first eclipsing binary to be noticed was Algol, in 1670, by Italian astronomer Geminiano Montanari."

encyclopedia.farlex.com...

I came upon this theory a couple years ago, I was searching for stuff about Sumerian links to Nibiru and 2012, same thing that brought me to ATS. SUmerians refer to a planet of hte crossing that shows up every few thousand years. So do Egyptians, bablyonians, assyrians and most cultures that were around thousands of years ago. Yin/yang, light/dark anyone?

Theory is, we are part of a binary star system. Our sun and solar system travels a path around the black hole in the center of our galaxy. But so does another solar system, that has a brown dwarf as their sun and only 2 or 3 planets. Some think life may be on one of these planets, I am still undecided.

Now, we are in an eclipsing binary syste, both systems are on elliptical orbits around the black hole. Imagine, the universe in North, south, east, west terms. Our system travels elliptical east to west, while the dwarf system travels elliptical north to south. Every 36000 years (one full orbit around hole) we come close to the other system, in galactic terms, and it causes changes to our system.
Hence the magnetic disturbance, warming trends across the system, etc.

When we come within passing distance of this other system, there is a 0.000001% chance, one of the planets could strike one of our system's planets, or even Earth. As well as cause Noah's flood, Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, pole shift, changing tides, changing weather patterns, and many other catastrophies

There is evidence of many pole shifts throught Earth's history, and another system/star/planet close enough could alter Earth's interior magnetics.

This is where the whole 2012 concept came about from. The mayans predicted the return of this system in 2012.

This is why govt's are building massive underground bunkes, doomsday vaults etc. They have known since the 80's but covered up all info and havent told the masses b/c of mass panic and it will probably miss.
It will cuase trouble, and mess osme things up along the way, as well as probably causing a pole shift which will render most technology worthless b/c of the resulting EMP pulse caused by the shift(which is why atlantis tech was lost but thats a whole other theory).

We will survive, we will adapt, we will thrive.
And the ones huddles in the bunkers, will be the ones to die, fore the technology used to build these bunkers will be what traps them. With all electronics useless, the doors will not open to let them out, sealing their fate.

I also have to add, the mayans mentions the gemini sagitarrii cusp. we just discovered the saggitarius constellation contains a binary star system.

There is no concrete evidence proving we are part of a binary system, but there is evidence to show 95% of stars are part of a binary system. And there is eevidence our Govts will not tell us of a planet ending event. All will become more clear in the next couple years as natural disasters and objects in the heavens become more prevalent, the 2nd star is supposed to be visible by late 2009 - mid 2010

This is where you "deny ignorance" and use your brain, research for yourself and come to your own conclusions.

If anyone can prove me wrong, please do so.

info on binary star systems.
encyclopedia.farlex.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok, in order to determine the size of the object on the screen, we need their appropriate distance from the earth in kilometers.

(Sun to earth)

(Earth orbit - planet orbit)

Once we have that distance, we divide their diameter by their distance from the earth. Which gives us the ratio between the opposite and adjacent sides (Right triangle)

(Diameter of mercury / (Earths orbit - Mercury's orbit)

(Diameter of Venus / (Earths orbit - Venus's Orbit)

We take that dividend, and take the inverse tangent of it, and that gives us the Angle the body occupies in the sky.

Tan^-1(Diameter of Venus / Earths orbit - Venus's orbit)

Tan^-1(Diameter of mercury / Earths orbit - Mercury's orbit)

Tan^-1(Diameter of sun / Earths orbit)

Once we have the Angle, we compare the Suns angle to its pixel displacement (Width), to get an approximation of what angle each pixel is.

Sun = 210 pixels.

Sun = Tan^-1(Diameter of the sun / Earths orbit)

So, to get the angle of one pixel, we divide the suns angle by the amount of pixels (Wide) it takes up in the picture)

Pixel = (210 / (Tan^-1(Diameter of sun / Earths Orbit))

Then, to get how big each planet would be in the picture, we divide their angle, by the angle of one pixel.

Mercury width in pixels = (Tan^-1(Diameter of Mercury / (Earth orbit - Mercury Orbit)) / (210 / (Tan^-1(Diameter of sun / Earths orbit))))

Venus's Width in pixels = (Tan^-1(Diameter of Venus / (Earth orbit - Venus Orbit)) / (210 / (Tan^-1(Diameter of sun / Earths orbit))))

And, without further Adue...

-Definitions and Variables-
The Diameter of the sun: 1,392,000 KM

Earth Orbit:
Aphelion: 152,097,701 km
Perihelion: 147,098,074 km
Mean: (152,097,701 + 147,098,074) / 2 = 149,597,888

The Diameter of Mercury: 4,879 KM
Mean distance of Mercury from sun
aphelion: 69,816,900 km
Perihelion: 46,001,200 km
Mean: (69,816,900 + 46,001,200) / 2 = 57,909,050

The Diameter of Venus: 12,103 KM
Mean distance of Venus from sun
Aphelion: 108,942,109 km
perihelion: 107,476,259 km
Mean: (108,942,109 + 107,476,259) / 2 = 108,209,184

-End definitions-

Sun Angle = Tan^-1(1392000 / 149597888) = 0.5331deg

Pixel Angle = 0.5331 / 210 = 0.00253857deg

Mercury angle = Tan^-1(4879 / (149597888 - 57909050)) = 0.003049deg

Venus Angle = Tan^-1(12103 / (149597888 - 108209184)) = 0.01675deg

So, Mercury would be (0.003049 / 0.00253857) = 1.20107 pixels wide
And Venus would be (0.01675 / 0.00253857) = 6.5982 pixels wide

Yeah, after checking my work.... I feel comfortable with this.

(Especially since i came up with the same figures as last time.)

And we can most definitely state that this is not a planet.

-Edrick

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Edrick]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join