It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object near the Sun, seems to be heading toward the Sun

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That is exactly what I said on the first page but nobody got it!Its very close to us or its huge regardless of where Stereo is.Its to big to be one of our inner Planets unless there out of orbit.

[edit on 2/7/09 by Moreonethananyone]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Couldn't have said better myself.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The bottom line here is that we have an object larger than Mercury or Venus about to impact the sun - and nobody in the media, or government, is mentioning it...

There was in fact a woman scientist not too long ago who was taken away when she went balistic saying "We Have To Warn Them."

If all of us know about it - why are the scientists not mentioning it?

Does anybody not think that a thing the size of a planet hitting the Sun will not have some kind of effect? Or at the very least be curious enough to mention in the news?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And the ones huddles in the bunkers, will be the ones to die, fore the technology used to build these bunkers will be what traps them. With all electronics useless, the doors will not open to let them out, sealing their fate.

This is what I told my cousin what would happen, we laughingly called it the pit of doom.:lol We both agreed we will gladly take our chances on the surface, and go beyond Thunderdome. In revelation it states "all the mighty men and kings, and captains and the strong will call on the mountains to fall on them and hide them from the face of him seated on the throne, and the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come and who can stand before it?"

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moreonethananyone
Looks very big to be Mercury In my opinion,compared with the size of the sun.This might tie in with the Jellyfish crop circle thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/7/09 by Moreonethananyone]

Solar Flares don't take that long, and they don't look like that. It is most probably Mercury. But I could be wrong. I am right about this not being a Solar Flare, since they are not round like that. That looks more like a planet.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is an image from the SOHO satellite showing several planets. SOHO is also a solar observation satellite. It is in a Halo orbit around the L5 Lagrangian point, roughly the same location as the STEREO B satellite. As we all can see, the cameras on these solar observational satellites are very sensitive, making even tiny (but bright) Mercury look large. We know, because of the current planetary configuration that this object is not one of the outer planets (except possibly Mars). As I said earlier, it's pretty certain that it's Mercury, with a slight chance that it's Venus.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffeca62b104c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
It is not Mercury or Venus. Niether is that close to the sun in the sky right now. It could be a star in the background. The sun is in Gemini right now, RA 6h, 44m and Dec. is about 23 degrees north.

The sun is in Cancer right now, it passed from Gemini to Cancer on the night of the Summer Solstice, the morning of 21st June.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Like I said before - Think about the things you would want to do or say - if you had one week to live... And do them.

Read the thread called "The Pyramids Are a Warning" - 2012 is an approximation, the point is about Earth entering Aquarius - which is now.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
hi guys...

that seems huge to me

i just sent a question to NASA's Astrobiologist...once i have a reply i will post his answer...normally it shall not take that long

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is an image from the SOHO satellite showing several planets. SOHO is also a solar observation satellite. It is in a Halo orbit around the L5 Lagrangian point, roughly the same location as the STEREO B satellite.

That is absolutely false. Please don't spread disinformation!

The correct answer is:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

"AN UNINTERRUPTED VIEW OF THE SUN

SOHO moves around the Sun in step with the Earth, by slowly orbiting around the First Lagrangian Point (L1), where the combined gravity of the Earth and Sun keep SOHO in an orbit locked to the Earth-Sun line. The L1 point is approximately 1.5 million kilometers away from Earth (about four times the distance of the Moon), in the direction of the Sun. There, SOHO enjoys an uninterrupted view of our daylight star. All previous solar observatories have orbited the Earth, from where their observations were periodically interrupted as our planet `eclipsed' the Sun."

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Yup, you're right. SOHO is orbiting L1, which is a bit closer to the Sun than L5, the location of STEREO B. Actually I was just trying to get a current image from SOHO. When I couldn't find one with Mercury in it I realized my error. From it's current location, Mercury is out of the field of view of SOHO. I was just about to correct myself.

But everything else still applies.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's Mercury. See link. Angles look correct to me.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's NOT Mercury - If it was there wouldn't be two other things.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by SaraThustra]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The pic from 'Stereo A' (the sat which has not been showing this object) @ 02:37 today still has me scratching my head...

UFO?? Close-up of some space junk?? Weird....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
S&F........so anyone taking bets until we get the good ol "It's Planet X/Niburu" proclamation on this thread?!

Seriously, I have no idea what it is.....and I'm genuinely suprised that it wasn't clarified on the NASA site. For certainly they must know what it is. I'm sure if it was an area of real interest, they wouldn't have ever posted it in the first place!

LOL! Exactly! Just the fact NASA posted it should relieve all fear that's it's anything interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
what are the time intervals between the images in the OP?....about 20 minutes?

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Anyone having headaches lately? I seem to be having headaches and I never get them. I wonder if there is something about to happen here real soon. I have intution.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by light2012

From the way this thread started, I really felt I would be dead before I got to the last page!

Interesting stuff.

And, with regards to the headaches, I've had two migraines over the last 5 days. Probably the heat.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
The pic from 'Stereo A' (the sat which has not been showing this object) @ 02:37 today still has me scratching my head...

UFO?? Close-up of some space junk?? Weird....

No because the sun light is "in front" of the objects which seems to be producing or reflecting radiated energy. I doubt anything beyond the sun could be so massive less a planetoid or massive asteroid.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
would someone with a tiny bit of knowledge please post a reply to this as all this ignorant speculation is completely ridiculous, i have not been reading so much on this web site as i normally do and now that i am back i can honestly say, most of you need to get out of your house a bit and stop having fantasies about the end of the world, someone has a headache and we have to warn the world about the impending doom? get real people and listen to yourselves

[edit on 2-7-2009 by THELONIO]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join