It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times do I have to log in?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This problem started yesterday for me. It seems that when ever I close my browser (Firefox) and open it back up, I have to log in again on ATS. Then when I switch over to BTS, I have to log in AGAIN! Did something change on the site's side, because nothing has changed on mine.

Yeah sure, it's just a few button clicks to log back in, but MAN this is getting annoying.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Did you change any settings on your browser? Sounds like it's not holding cookies.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Sounds more like you have Firefox set to delete your cookies when you close it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

As I said, nothing has changed on my side. I tried it again, closed my browser, opened it back up, and had to log in again.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yup, must be a cookie problem. That or you've installed an add one which deletes them automatically without your knowledge.

Try another browser, see if it's doing so, if not than you got your answer

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Did you just do the new Firefox 3.5 upgrade?

You may want to go

Tools>>Options>>Privacy

and look at your cookie settings.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yep, sure enough when I opened firefox again, all the cookies were gone. Now how the SNIP did that happen? Not sure how to change it back to normal. Thanks for the help folks.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

It's in your settings menu, under privacy. Sometimes an update will change the settings to the most secure available it happens.

I'm using IE here at work, so I can't give you a play by play, but somebody here can I am sure.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Yep, sure enough when I opened firefox again, all the cookies were gone. Now how the SNIP did that happen? Not sure how to change it back to normal. Thanks for the help folks.

See one post above your last post.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Psst... Look up.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah I've looked. Under cookies, I have the "Accept cookies from sites", "Accept third-party cookies", and it's set to keep them till they expire.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

Try Safari for Windows, or if you wanna stay with a mozilla based browser there's 'flock' and 'opera' for windows.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
YEEEEE HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I fixed it!!!

Okay, here's what I did. I went to start -> run, and typed in %APPDATA%
A folder called Application Data opens up. I opened up the Mozilla folder, opened up the firefox folder, opened the profiles folder, and opened up the random named folder (my profile, it's automatically given a random name for security reasons).

There's a file called "cookies.sqlite". I deleted it. Sure enough, my cookies are being saved again. I then punched the cookie monster in the face.

Problem solved, thank you all for your help.

Just had to look it up on google.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by Slash]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Slash

And the crowd goes wild...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thank you MM. =P
At first I thought it was some thing on ATS's side that was messing me up because it was working fine yesterday. Seems that there are other people on the WWW that are having the same problem. So if anyone one else in our family of ATS has this same problem, I hope they find this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i dont know what problem youre having, i havent had to login more than once since i signed up last november.

top topics

join