It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounbters in Siberia (TUNGUSKA with VIDEO Link)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Anyone interested in the Tunguska incident will definately love this documentary. Gives the Alien intervention story about it...

www.channel4.com...

thanks to gallifreyan medic for providing links to video so people outside UK can watch it...

Part 1

Part 2

[edit on 30/6/2009 by booda]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Any way to make this available for residents of the US? I would be highly interested in watching and discussing this documentary if at all possible.

Thanks,
Strype

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Ah yes.I did see that documentary.Interesting.

Here you go,links where I think you can watch it.
Part One

Part Two

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Just finished watching it - really good documentary which leaves it up to the viewer to make their decision.....However, I personally dont think they will ever know unless they find some hard evidence....

the evidence provided by the private investigator is questionable and needs to be proven scientifically that what he says is true....

Cheers IR for the PDF docs...will take a look at them shortly and thanks to gallifreyan medic for providing links so anyone out UK can watch them...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

New evidence suggests it was a comet:

news.aol.com...|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Ftunguska-caused-by-comet%2F 546797

My main question is what caused the air blast? The air blast is what a nuclear war head is designed to do for the most damage. I would think only a detonation device could cause an object to detonate a mile above the ground. Maybe it was something that intervened with the comet.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
yep recently watched a 2hr special on discovery HD on Tunguska..

Its been an intriguing case, but im going down the comet route on this one due to the vast amount of evidence ive seen over the years and this documentry.. I do not believe this was an alien craft.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The thing is about it being a comet is that there would be pictures/records of it having been observed by many from all over the world before and right up to when it got here.
But there isn't is there?

[edit on 30/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
dunno but did they have the technology to locate an inc comet at that time??could be anything.but since they went years after the incident whateverit was we ll never know.in all very nice documentary.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I do so love watching tunguska documentarys
I do remember reading, supposedly, at that same exact time.a few miutes earlier ..Nicholai Telsa was poitninga lazer cannon fo some kind he invented, towards the atmosphere..moments later, thats when the Tunguska incident happened. Maybe is jsut coincidence, but what are the odds of tha happenind!
i R persoanlly refuse, to belive it was a comet. EVEYONE around earth would have seen, documented nad noted an immense glowing white ball with a tail coming closer and loser..comets leave trailing talis millions of miles into space. NO one on earth, reported that. As for an aseroid..that is possible..but thier have been no remians or pieces of it ever recovered. Even if it was made of rock, not an iron asteroid..yuode think it would have left pieces closeby. NOthing was found

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If i remember correctly also..they did have those machines that record when an earthquake happens. I forget what their called, Begins with an R i think...anyhoo..i also read as Tunguska happened, those machines around the world in use, picked up the vibrations of its impact!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

didnt know about that and never heard it mentioned before - do you have any link about it...

cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

kidflash - In relation to the Earth, comets are traveling at speed of around 25-80 km/s. Think about how fast that is! Comets are made from very light/weak material. Cigarette ash or cotton candy are often used as examples to help convey what the material is like. So when they slam into out atmosphere they usually completely disintegrate. A comet slamming into our atmosphere is a bit like throwing an uncooked egg at a wall. The egg stands no chance!

Due to the enormous speed, there is a huge release of energy. Momentum is converted into heat and light (conservation of energy). This is where the detonation comes from.

reply to post by gallifreyan medic

gallifreyan medic - Not necessarily. If a comet approaches from the direction of the sun, it would be very hard to see due to the glare from the Sun. Also, it's thought that comets and asteroids are closely related. Asteroids are thought to be dead comets that have "out-gassed", which means they don't have any tail, making them hard to spot compared to "live comets". In most cases comets just look like dim/fuzzy stars in the sky, and are easily overlooked by the inexperienced.

reply to post by ziggy1706

I think you are thinking of "seismographs", and yes, Tunguska was recorded on seismographs.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think Tunguska was probably a natural event but there are some questions raised in "The Fire Came By" by John Baxter and Thomas Atkins.

Indigenous people of the region interviewed by the first researchers on the scene describe exactly a nuclear blast. Nothing else fits the description given by the only people who actually saw the event. The object was viewed all over Siberia before it exploded. The only way to reconcile direction of travel and elevation reported by the first villagers to see it and the last is if the object changed direction. At least one researcher, years after the fact, found evidence of radiation exposure in the growth rings of trees near the blast.

I advise you to read the book. It's out of print now but copies are still available. Compare it to the several modern documentaries. IF all of what Baxter and Atkins say is true it's hard to come to any other conclusion than a nuclear powered craft. I just don't know how much of "The Fire Came By" is true.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wasco

A nuclear blast or just a blast? No lay-person witnessing an event like this could tell the difference!

That's one of the reasons why the US DOD has satellites in orbit that monitor our atmosphere looking for detonations, and able to spectrographically analyze the light produced so they can tell between nuclear detonations and bolide/fireball detonations. Recently the military stopped releasing this data to the general public as it used to in the past.

Radiation is another matter altogether. If that is true, then there might be a basis to suspect that the blast was not natural. However, there are many potential sources of radiation. Radiation is all around us. Without other research to back it up, one study finding radiation is not proof that a nuclear blast occurred in 1908 over Siberia.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thank you for clarifying how a comet can explode by air blast. I did know they are made of light materials and travel at very high speeds, but the one mile above ground detonation always left me intrigued.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
can someone confirm - If it was a meteorite, could it explode mid air and not cause a impact crater...???

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Thanks for the documentary. I was touched by the story of the now woman then little girl who asked "mommy, who is that strange man, I don't know him" and the mother said "Yes you do, that's your father", that's what I call a dedicated researcher, who is gone so long in the field his own daughter doesn't even know him. But I've always been fascinated by this most unusual event, so this was enjoyable to watch.

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by booda

You may find these PDF documents helpful/interesting.

I found them very entertaining, like I was re-watching the star trek episode where Kirk falls in love with Miramonte and they both get stoned when he can't figure out how to activate the planetary defense system to destroy the asteroid. If anybody comes back with pictures and scientific analysis of those mysterious metal structures, then I'll have to stop thinking it's science fiction. The funny thing is, if it's a planetary defense system, I'd have to say it's not a very good one, considering the amount of destruction that was done.

Originally posted by booda

can someone confirm - If it was a meteorite, could it explode mid air and not cause a impact crater...???

If we could heat some rocks up to 44,000 degress F (The heat produced by a fast meteor entering the atmosphere) we could then see if any would explode, but that's hotter than the surface of the sun so not sure we can do that very well. I suppose it's not impossible, but it seems like the comet explanation requires a little less speculation.

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
The thing is about it being a comet is that there would be pictures/records of it having been observed by many from all over the world before and right up to when it got here.
But there isn't is there?

[edit on 30/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

There are some records here

www.world-mysteries.com...

They describe an initial large object like a comet or meteor, then it explodes, and they hear the explosion and feel the shock wave, then some hear up to two additional main explosions, then they hear the "sound like artillery fire" which I guess would be from the sonic booms of all the remnants of the explosion(s) or something like that.

As for pictures, remember two things, it was 1908 and few people had cameras then, and it was in the middle of nowhere, which explains why there were so few witnesses. Not everybody would see it if it's that small, it may not be visible until it enters the earth's atmosphere.

That site concludes the most likely scenario:

Above central Siberia on June 30, 1908, at approximately 7:17 AM local time, a small comet entered the atmosphere from behind the sun and moved in a southeast to northwest direction. The comet was composed of about 30,000 tons of water, methane, and ammonia ice with traces of silicates and iron oxides. Penetrating the atmosphere at approximately 60 km/sec (130,000 mph), the object created an intense shock wave which wrapped tightly around its nose. As it descended that sunny morning, its nucleus exploded (possibly 3 times) approximately 8 km above the Earth’s surface.

The even have a cool computer simulation of the event

But finally they say "Speculation will continue as to the origin of this catastrophe, yet no certain conclusions can be attained unless man has the dubious opportunity to observe and monitor such an event in the future."

If it happens over the Arizona desert next time, we can be more conclusive about whether or not it's a meteorite, because it will be a lot easier to find debris than in Tunguska.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Good information you gave.
Though try to give people some credit of having some intelligence.

I did say pictures and not photos.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by booda

If we could heat some rocks up to 44,000 degress F (The heat produced by a fast meteor entering the atmosphere) we could then see if any would explode, but that's hotter than the surface of the sun so not sure we can do that very well. I suppose it's not impossible, but it seems like the comet explanation requires a little less speculation.

Anything will explode if heated rapidly and forcefully enough.

Meteoroids explode in the atmosphere every day. There is no doubt about that. The vast majority are totally vaporised since they are small. Even relatively large meteoroids are completely destroyed.

The issue of weather something as large as the object that exploded over Tunguska was able to detonate without producing a crater has been hotly debated and I don't think anyone really knows for sure. There may well be a crater, and we just haven't found it... or perhaps we have: Team makes Tunguska crater claim

I think there is a fair chance that Lake Cheko is the crater. Even if it's not, a comet (or asteroid) seems to be by far the most likely cause IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join