It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone Explain OOBEs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have been reading books and doing google searches on what are OOBEs, and how to do them, but barely got anything or any results.

Can anyone give me some info or at least a how to on OOBEs?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

could you be a little more specific by what you mean by OOBE?
give what the acronym stands for so everyone discussing will be on the same topic.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Sorry about that lol.

An OOBE is also known as an Out of Body Experience.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

yeah i figured, its just that when i typed OOBE in google i got things like a manufacturing company, some sort of computer trick. its all good though.

www.web-us.com...

does this help?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

I was successful using this method.

A warning: don't do it, you might not like what you find.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thank you, these can help me out a lot.

Others, Feel free to add more info, for it will help others a lot.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Uh, don't do it? Personally I leave the metaphysical to those that are adept. OOBE, tarot, channeling, any of that stuff isn't like building a coffee table in your garage over a weekend.

Just my humble opinion. . .

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

I was successful using this method.

A warning: don't do it, you might not like what you find.

I hated things I found. It makes me want to do more so that I can find something better. My main problem is it is not entirely voluntary.

To the OP, try searching 'astral projection' as well as avoiding the abbreviation.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Astral projection is not the same as an OOBE in the least. In Astral projection you are going into layers of the emotional body of the collective consciousness. In an out of body experience you are in the 3D world of waking consciousness only you are projecting your attention without the body.

They are 2 different experiences requiring a different set of skills and a different type of process to achieve it. There is also the difference between consciousness projection and the development of the second attention or astral body.

One major caution is that if your consciousness leaves your body that leaves your body vulnerable to possession by another consciousness. This is a very bad thing and you might find later in life that stress factors can cause the separation of consciousness and possession. This is commonly referred to as Schizophrenia. Not a good or productive result.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Before you start trying to travel out you might want to travel inward first and get your house in order so to speak. I have done both astral projection and out of body projection many times. Preparation for either is very important. Your body must be protected or you can have problems with possession as I said in my last post.

The safest method of mental projection I call the third eye viewing. This is travel by means of the third eye chakra which is roughly in the position of the pineal gland in your brain. Opening the third eye and traveling by projection of an element of your minds eye leaves your consciousness in the body while allowing your attention to spread out to the rest of the universe. It is far safer and easier to achieve.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
oobe means your consciousness and energy stretching out from your body, so you are then in a conscious energy body, outside of your physical body.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Astral projection is not the same as an OOBE in the least.

Then there is much equivocation in the terms since I haven't reach the same conclusion. OOBE seems like a subset of a larger possibility, if a true distinction is even necessary to achieve anything.

You also believe in the danger of possession while others contest it. I suppose though if you believe it is possible, then it's possible. Getting your house in order is good advice and has the most relevance to that concern.

Who knows, I might have been posessed as a child then since I did nothing to protect myself when it happened automatically, though I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The most common name for this third eye viewing is remote viewing. There are a lot of books out on this subject so see some of the ones on scribd;
www.scribd.com...

I have to warn you that just like in waking consciousness your attention is drawn to things you would just as soon not seen. I was traveling one day cruising over the open sea and having a wonderful experience enjoying the ocean and the Moon shining on the water and the clouds floating by. Then my attention was drawn to someone in great trouble, pain and emotional distress. I focused on the source of the distress. I then discovered the source was a ship at sea. It was a converted Russian oil exploration vessel. It had been refitted as a slave ship. The women and young boys inside were being used as sex slaves for rich men. It was a terrible place full of pain and horror. I wanted so much to help them but I did not have the means to find the ship or discover the owner or to do anything to help them. It was awful. I have never traveled out of body since that time.

Once you see something you can not un-see it. It might haunt you for years to come.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Because something is possible does not mean it will happen. I simply caution that it can happen. It happened to my father. It can happen but it does not always happen. It is like saying you can fall if you try and cross a river on a fallen tree. There are no guard rails in the astral world.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Because something is possible does not mean it will happen. I simply caution that it can happen. It happened to my father. It can happen but it does not always happen. It is like saying you can fall if you try and cross a river on a fallen tree. There are no guard rails in the astral world.

I think I can agree but I integrate the attraction of things by attention into the map which is why the house cleaning is important. One can see and become aware of horrible things and thus a 'thick skin' is important. The source of acquired mental instability is likely the experience of anamalous and traumatic phenomena. Maintain positivity or at least do not allow yourself to slip into a hightly negative state of mind. If something makes you uneasy or you sense something isn't right, just go back to your shell and try again later after some reflection.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is part of the functioning of an adept to alleviate suffering in the world so I am keyed into it in my normal waking consciousness. When that also is translated into the out of body experience it can be a problem. A distant person or persons that are suffering are much more difficult to assist. That was just a problem I ran into so I caution others that it can happen to them.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

A possesion might be possible but I think there is a small chance for it.

To Shoomoo:

Try Monroes' technique.

Do it in a silent place but do it in a place that would not scare you to be alone.

Try not to have fear because that's the only thing that will stop you.

Take your time and do it when you think you are ready.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It is part of the functioning of an adept to alleviate suffering in the world so I am keyed into it in my normal waking consciousness. When that also is translated into the out of body experience it can be a problem. A distant person or persons that are suffering are much more difficult to assist. That was just a problem I ran into so I caution others that it can happen to them.

Now you're making me remember all kinds of gruesome stuff I thought I had safely tucked away on the shelf! The things themselves are not funny at all, but I'm laughing at "alleviate suffering" while your post is queuing associations of it in my mind, which makes me suffer a bit out of compassion. It's no problem though. I'm not placing blame. I understand, what you mean.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well I am currently reading a very interesting and compelling book from Robert A. Monroe who founded The Monroe Institute and was a pioneer in the field of Human Consciousness and OBE's. His Book I am reading is titled "Ultimate Journey" and is based upon his many out of body experiences.

Here is some information on The Monroe Institue Wiki and The Monroe Institute Homepage.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes I agree, however It is good to know that NOTHING, absolutely nothing can destroy "You". However you will need to understand, You are NOT your body, your body Is yours.. but that is NOT you. Who you are IS Limitless and Without End. Also Like attracts the Like and what you Fear you Attract. You can go much farther in your consciousness, OBE's and other Experiences when you do not Fear. Caution is an essential tool, but Fear and Caution are not the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join