It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to Shoot Down Intruding Japanese Planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

North Korea Threatens to Shoot Down Intruding Japanese Planes

www.foxnews.com

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea threatened Saturday to shoot down any Japanese planes that intrude into its airspace, accusing Tokyo of spying near one of its missile launch sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And now the N Koreans are picking a fight with Japan! THIS is the reason why nuclear weapons MUST NOT be owned by tin pot dictators! I honestly believe this crazy guy will push the button! In his eyes the US is weak, Japan is a non player and he still has beef with S Korea. When China has come out and sayed that this guy is a problem, then we KNOW beyond a doubt that he is indeed a "loose cannon".

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

The Japanese are far from a non-player. They are on the other side of the Sea of Japan. The North Koreans have kidnapped Japanese citizens. The NK's have actively spied upon the Japanese. The Japanese are also within proven strike range of the NK military. That the NK military could penetrate Japanese defenses is another question, but theoretically possible.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My question is ,are the Japanese in the business of flying their planes into NK airspace anyway.When was the last incursion by them?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lorents
nothing to worry about here. its all fear mongering. the world stage is not set up for war yet. it will be awhile. and who cares anyway. people need to die and i can't wait for the bombs or starvation or disease to kill us all. it will be glorious. i will have a field day doing whatever i want when chaos hits the city. i can't wait to help depopulate the streets of my city with my trusty toys. i could care less if i die.

You sir, are one of the people that give sites such as this a bad name, why they call conspiracy sites a breeding ground for domestic terrorism. I sincerely hope the moderators will take notice of your post and act accordingly.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lorents

Dude....take it to another thread. THis thread IS NOT about raping and pilaging....its about N Korea picking a fight with Japan!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the JASDF any day.

They have very well trained pilots and a significant number of Mitsubishi-built F-15's.

North Korea has large numbers of old fighters that would provide excellent target practice for the JASDF

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
My question is ,are the Japanese in the business of flying their planes into NK airspace anyway.When was the last incursion by them?

OK I should say this is just IMO before debate breaks loose lol,

I doubt they did chances are it was US aircraft and by threatening Japan they hope the US backs off and that Japan will pressure the US to back off.

Japan has no need to sense the US already is.

If I was Japan I would bluff. I would send NK a statement that Japan has nuclear capabilities thanks to the US and any act against Japan will end in the Destruction of the entire NK area if SK or any other surrounding nation is also affected by fallout it will be NK to blame as Japan will not tolerate threats. "Kim you will go down in the history books, if this was to happen, as the man that destroyed North Korea and all it's population bringing shame to your father and forever tainting your sons image in the eyes of all Korean's. Your own people will spat upon the page of books that even mention your family's name."

This way you call the NK bluff and if he does try and launch something at Japan it is guaranteed that his country will be all but wiped off the map. China is not about to stop it because Kim has been a huge thorn in their side and a disgrace to their political belief system. Because of that Russia will do nothing also taking more of a stance, "Hey not our problem right now we got bigger things to initiate and deal with."

Now if china was to come to the NK aid not the civilians mind you but Kims then Russia would jump right in. Last thing china needs is a war right now as it could potentially remove them from the running for world power/leader economically. By letting the US take care of the problem and go deeper in debt it gives then even a stronger hold in the position and the same would go for Russia.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

nothing to worry about here. its all fear mongering. the world stage is not set up for war yet. it will be awhile. and who cares anyway. people need to die and i can't wait for the bombs or starvation or disease to kill us all. it will be glorious. i will have a field day doing whatever i want when chaos hits the city. i can't wait to help depopulate the streets of my city with my trusty toys. i could care less if i die.

The world stage is not set up for war yet? War can begin in the blink of an eye. War is everywhere, even if there aren't bombs being set off in your own front yard. Seems like you are just repeating the same lines I see in every thread from the non-thinking doom-n-gloomers.

You sound like you have alot of built up aggression. Instead of bringing your negative and worrisome attitude to ATS, why don't you go join the military and start your depopulation efforts now. Or jump the border and join a mexican drug cartel.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That's a pretty deep comment, I think a lot of people have given up the struggle for our future and the place we called home.
There is a sense of dispair among a lot of people who have fallen off the tree of employment with no hope of it ever returning again.

They have their children looking up at them, clueless to what is happening, and they must provide for them in any way possible.

Then to hear the constant destruction of our rights and our liberties puts a cap on it.

I see hate returning again to the ranks, I see segregation happening in all corners of our country, where no one will trust one another..

all of the work that was done by our ancestors, civil rights, woman rights, civil liberties is being destroyed because of the lack of FIGHT in our spirits.....there is no leadership amongst us. We thought we could lead ourselves all by ourselves in this fake economy where every man could be a king in his own right as long as he played his cards right.

Now, you are demoted to plain citizenship, hardly any rights, no power, no career, no hope for financial abundance or economic bliss.

This is very angering, .................almost enough to spark a civil war...but not yet......

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
N. Korea is demanding a bribe ,since last one ran out. They would threaten to down Australian planes if it would get them highlights in the media. Spoiled bully who is used to get all he wants from his own citizens now is puzzled by not getting what he wants so he raises the stakes. Not that it is safe - the situation could develop very badly - but i think that it will end with another bribe. Peace is cheaper then rebuilding both Koreas, not to mention scores of dead.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Come on people stop being so cheap with your bag of stars. This is a great topic! I shook my bag of stars and a flag fell out...

N Korea is just doing what it has always done and that is threaten it's neighbors with war if it doesn't get its way. Come on even a ardent North Korean supporter has to admit that. If anybody still doubts that the North Korean Regime is unstable just Google it anyway you want and if you just look at their recent history you will see how delusional the North Really is.

By the way Japan has one of the most advanced fighting forces on the planet. Back in the day they spent a good chunk of money arming themselves with some of the best American equipment money could buy.

If anybody knows how dangerous it can be to antagonize Japan it's America.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
wouldn't any country that has its airspace invaded respond accordingly? if mexico announced they were going to begin conducting spy flights over our country i would imagine we would threaten to shoot them down also. This story is just more fear mongering garbage by the media. if japan uses its military to invade north korea airspace then they should be shot down.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Picking a fight with Japan?
Who's poking in who's airspace then?

Any country would say the same thing,to say picking a fight its clear you really do not have a clue about certain things?
Now with a warning given,if Japan are stupid enough to fly in there airspace again and get shot down then that's there stupid arse fault.

Obviously saying it as picking a fight was done in the hope of getting you more stars and flags.
Live another 10 years or so and you may learn from experience a little of what goes on in this world,instead of from the MSM BS.
Its just as bad as lesser countries with being full of propaganda,sheep fodder.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I think it's really scary that people justify their comfort that Korea will not launch based on the fact that it's leader is a madman. Just doesn't make much logical sense.

Another thing that bothers me, is that people write this whole thing off, because he has been doing this for ages..... but I don't remember him doing this with fully operational nuclear rockets in the past...and Iran waiting in the dark to launch as well.

Is this just an American thing? Where we don't take anyone seriously anymore?

Just because 'The Family Guy' is still scheduled to come on tonight doesn't mean that your world is fine and dandy!!!!!

Never thought the biggest enemy I would face in my life would be my own people.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Just because 'The Family Guy' is still scheduled to come on tonight doesn't mean that your world is fine and dandy!!!!!

Star for you, as this is a profound thought. One that might get through to those that spend more time worrying about 'Nibiru', than something that might actually impact their lives in the near future.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

I think it's really scary that people justify their comfort that Korea will not launch based on the fact that it's leader is a madman. Just doesn't make much logical sense.

Whats scarier is people who still fall for the,get you to our way of thinking (Government) and support.

Never thought the biggest enemy I would face in my life would be my own people.

Whoaa there.That's a worrying comment.
You maybe naive or are you just out of recruitment?

I suggest you do a bit of reading up on here and you just might get the picture of who your biggest enemy is.
A clue for you its very close to home and in Washington.

[edit on 28/6/09 by gallifreyan medic]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There's no way NK is gonna shoot down any Japonese planes!

By the time they get 10 pumps on their Crossman pellet guns the planes would be outta range!! Sheesh!!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Whoooaaa....Im just reporting an article I found. I could care less about stars and flags. You know....Deny IGNORANCE??

If you actually believe that N Korea is telling the truth about Japanese planes breaching it's airspace, then I have some awsome beachfront property in Arizona to sell you!! At your own insistance, if you did a little reading you would know that Japan does NOT need to breach their airspace for surveillance.

Why the hostility? You come up on my thread with a post that has very little meaning to the story and are more worried about bashing me personally. Twice you've come into the thread with an attitude telling me that I need a few more years on the earth and another poster that they need to read up on this like your some almighty know-it-all.

I can only speak for myself and I'll tell you now: I'm not a little kid posting in mommies basement. From the immaturity based on your very posts....can you say the same?

PS
Attacking the messenger is a psychological defensive measure usually associated with a logical fallacy. Deny ignorance my friend!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by bismarcksea]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join