It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama- Preventive and Indefinite Detention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Obama- Preventive and Indefinite Detention

www.youtube.com

SAY WHAT???? Constitution rEVOLlution coming your way.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's just incredible to me that this is getting no attention whatsoever as yet. I've a newfound respect for Maddow and MSNBC. Obama seems intent on codifying everything tyrannical that Bush started. This is 180 degrees out of phase constitutionally, and follows the trend we've been seeing since 1913. If this is allowed to proceed, it sets all progress back to before the Magna Charta, and we will officially be back in the dark ages.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
star n flag, i hope this makes the ats home page.

here's the vid embedded

[edit on 6/26/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
more proof

I mean really, what's going to flip the switch on in everyone's heads?

I'm shocked beyond words

things sure are getting interesting

[edit on 26-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Amazing that this came from MSNBC... I thought all of Obama's critics were on FOX!

And thanks for the embed, ALASKAN... the youtube link had a lot of hesitation, at least on my end.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Uh he's talking about Guantanamo prisoners...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow. I'm shocked and apaulled. It seems even the MSM is begining to come around

-E-

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What a flip-flopper and the slime is oozing out of that speech. Does this man have any idea what he is saying and the apparent hypocrisy in every word he utters. To begin with, he delivers a venomous indictment of the Bush legal policy regarding terrorists in the first segment of his speech, and then he kicks it up a notch with his own take on the Bush's policies.

Mr. President I have to give you the award of being one of the finest politicians to talk out of the side of your mouth *sarcasm*. I just can't believe people are not seeing what he is saying and raising their voices about these hypocrisies. Where are the people? When are they going to wake up? This stuff he is spouting is BS and needs to be challenged immediately. Where is the media right now? If Bush came out with those words they would have jumped on it like a bunch of rabid dogs on a piece of meat.

What makes this speech even more disgusting is the fact that he chose to have it in the same building housing the US Constitution. Shame on you Mr. President and try to tone down your authoritarian ambitions. Stop disrespecting the Constitution and why don't you tear up your legal degree in Constitutional Law because apparently you slept in class or listened to what you thought was convenient.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Thanks AM, I'm still a bit internet challenged I'm afraid. The only embedded I'm familiar with is me crashing out which is about to happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The way I see it, like most things, there is an abrupt grab for power. I think 95% of fellow ATS'ers agree.

We are going to see alot of these "constitutional add-ons", until there is no Constitution at all.

Everyone has to realize, its not the man, but the MEN behind the Pres.

I don't think there has been 1 recent president who actually made decisions on his own. Ergo, his cabinet of advisors, CFR, Trilateral Com., just to name a few. These groups have always brought the decisions and actions to the Pres. or Congress.

Notice how he said "WE" will make a new regime. Give me a break. More tzar's.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is just appalling!

This thread should have a 1000 stars ad flags

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Right now it sounds like he's trying to find a solution for Guantanamo prisoners who they feel aren't releasable. They released quite a few but I guess there are still a significant amount of people being held.

Maybe we'll eventually get a clarification of why these people are being held. I'm thinking that they're not being held for just being in the wrong place (Afghanistan) at the wrong time (when we invaded). There has to be more "evidence" than we've been allowed to hear.

By the way S&F

[edit on 27-6-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say I voted for him. I guess no one is above the ability of power to corrupt. I'm done, I will no longer vote and give legitimacy to our corrupt government. Hey Washington! Guess which finger is purple and sticking straight up.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Get real, there is no way they are going to release the Guantanamo prisoners now regardless of whether or not they actually were enemy combatants. WHere do you think they will head? Right on over the the Taliban and Al Quada where they automatically are viewed as martyrs. After the way most of them have been treated they probably all are completely unhinged as this point as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mourninwoody
I'm sorry to say I voted for him.

Don't feel bad, Mourinwoody, I think a lot of people are feeling that way. Obama hyped himself up using self-messianic rhetoric and the press followed. They tickled your ears with the right words that you longed to hear. It was understandable that a lot of people would buy into it.

Some folks are still chanting 'yes we can'.
Just be glad that you can see what is going on now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Mourninwoody
I'm sorry to say I voted for him.

Don't feel bad, Mourinwoody, I think a lot of people are feeling that way. Obama hyped himself up using self-messianic rhetoric and the press followed. They tickled your ears with the right words that you longed to hear. It was understandable that a lot of people would buy into it.

Some folks are still chanting 'yes we can'.
Just be glad that you can see what is going on now.

I am pretty sure that Obama will be reelected. People are so easy to manipulate with - otherwise we would not be human

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well Mr. Obama, until I see a full birth certificate that shows me you are an actual US citizen I feel that you should be detained for a prolonged period. This is just ridiculous, people were mad about Bush's Patriot Act? Get ready for a whole new level of government control hand fed to you by TPTB.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: George Orwell is turning over in his grave.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I am pretty sure that Obama will be reelected. People are so easy to manipulate with - otherwise we would not be human

He keeps going down this path I would be surprised if we had another president period. When the economy fails so does govt. which can be a good or bad thing depending on the outcome and at the rate we are going both could very well happen.

I always thought I would be long dead before another civil war broke out in the states but at this rate geesh I'm not so sure.

If it was about the Gt. prisoners then release the evidence to the public. Or at least in a court room to determine if they should be held. It was one of the main reason the states were founded on and the constitution was developed. I'm starting to get a little upset by this path the govt. keeps taking taxes are bad enough but detention of anyone without a trial is just torquing me off.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is just one more act in the play. We are in the process of witnessing the biggest queue-de-ta in American history. The truly sad thing is that the average American has no idea what’s going on, nor do they care until it comes around and hits them in the ass, by then its way to late. Look at what’s being done in congress and the senate. They are righting these bills in the cover of darkness. Then releasing the legal wording (hundreds of pages long) just hours before they are to be voted on. No one knows what’s in these bills they vote for except the PTB, now that is scary.
The only way out of this mess I’m afraid is for the state governors to take back control of there states through a constitutional convention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join