It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Break-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Okay i have recently split up with my long term girlfriend (2 years) and i am finding it very difficult to get over her, whenever i feel i am getting there i just remember what happened and it takes ages to feel over her again!

anybody got any advice on how to get over her

thank you

:bnghd:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Was this your first love by any chance? Those are always the hardest to get over at the time. Just take some time for yourself and don't go rushing out to find another to fill the empty space because it never works out well that way. Enjoy yourself and time with your friends.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yes it was my first love, thanks for the advice its much appreciated

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ahh this is a horrible place to be,

But what you got to remember is that
1. You will still have feelings for her, 2 yrs is a long time and it will take time to for you to forget about her,

what you have to do now is Enjoy single life a little.
Go out with friends, take up something that interests you.
all the moving on things,

Also try and train you mind a little...When you start thinking about her have a plan of action that takes your mind of her,
Call a buddy ect,

It does take time and it will get easyer, just remeber the good times with her but also remember the bad,

Good luck and i hope you feel better soon,

Asala

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I recently broke up with the first girl i feel i actually truly loved. i'm kinda over her now and i think the best way to get over her is to go out and get laid as much as you can (seriously). Live the single life, go out and date other girls (but dont get serious). You need these things as confidence boosters to keep your spirits high.

If it was a good break up, i strongly suggest stayinf friends with her. Dont see her too much at first, but as you feel yourself starting to get over her try to hang out with her as friends and see how things feel. If they're still wierd just tell her that and give it a break untill you feel ready. Obviously she is special to you and i dont think you want her out of your life altogether, and if you cant be with her romantically, at least have her there as a friend. You wont regret it.

Also keep yourself distracted if your finding you have too much time on your hands, and keep thinking of her. Get a hobby, do volunteer work, take up a sport/gaming activity... just as long as your mind isnt free to dwell it'll forget in time...

But keep your confidence high, remember that there are plenty more fish out there who will go for the bait.

These are the steps i went through and now me and my ex are still good friends, and although i sometimes miss the times we had, i'm enjoying my single life too much too dwell on it... heres to many good times buddy... CHEERS!!!

p.s just noticed your from scoland, my dads from dunfermline...

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Go out and have a one night stand.....seriously.

Part of this is the ego blow and a one-nighter can do wonders for that... With the old ego repaired, enjoy your life again, and it will be easier for you to then meet another gal to have an actual relationship with.....

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The same exact thing happened to me...but we only went out for 1 month but I knew her for 1 year before that. She was also my first love. We broke up 3 months ago and i still cant get over her...go find somebody else to take her place. It really works...

top topics

join