It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke threatening economic collapse if the FED is audited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
“My concern about the legislation is that if the GAO is auditing not only the operational aspects of the programs and the details of the programs but making judgments about our policy decisions would effectively be a takeover of policy by the Congress..."

This is what gets me. Bernanke coming right out and saying this could be a move to give the power of money back to the congress, and that would be horrible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly what the Constitution says should happen? How funny is it that not only is Big Ben admitting that we are not following the Constitution but saying that if we did we would be doomed. I find that hilarious.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by Vitchilo

Does that statement not imply therefore that monkey business IS going on?

They really do need to investigate the FED, regardless of the outcome.

Also curious that Bernanke is defending the FED so adamantly.

Good find.

Yes, people just can't seem to comprehend that this needs to happen, it needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

excellent point: real economies can't be torn down so easily. only ones that are based on smoke and mirrors. let's see what our real economy is.

not that i'm not scared. i have no idea what will happen, but peace of mind based on delusion is not real. we must get rid of the smoke and mirrors that are being used to manipulate us.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

You can write candidates in. I wrote Ron Paul in last election.

You know how many people wanted to vote for him but think the way you do? Couple that with the number of people that know they can write candidates in but are more interested in voting for a candidate that is MORE LIKELY to win (thereby making making their vote count "more"...where's the logic on that, I don't know?), and "they" would have crapped their pants if they saw these people actually writing in a candidate like Ron Paul.

THAT is what makes your vote count more. Read my sig. We need to make them fear us more. Right now, they laugh at us for being so ignorant and gullible. If there was a major write in campaign that got Paul some serious votes, they would actually be afraid that their illusions of a two-party system would start to unravel.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Basically what is happening(to the people who do not understand) is take but dont ask where it came from policy.
Think of the fed as a drug dealer...
Think of our govt as the drug warehouse....
Think of the people as the addicts....

The drug dealer supplies the warehouse with their drugs. Then the warehouse stores and distributes the drugs out to the people by truck,van,pigeon,ect to the addicts.
What is happening is that our warehouse is out of drugs, because our addicts are consuming so much, but have no way to pay back these drugs because they never had the money to pay in the first place. So now our warehouses are in trouble, so they order more product with more interest in order to keep the addicts happy for the time being(but in the end all they are doing is bankrupting us even more and the FED is more than happy to do it because thats more money in their books) with that and other players around the world buying our bonds(but no need to get into that in this example). Now the addicts(the people) notice that they are paying out more money for fake goods that mean absolutely nothing, eventhough it gets them the bread, its basically giving them less for their money until it all evens out(which it wont because its too far in).
So now the addicts want to audit the fed to see how bad they are really screwing over the people, but the FED doesnt want that because that would basically let the addicts know how badly they are being screwed over. so Now the dealer is threatening hell on earth if we look at their books.
In a nutshell.

(mods)-please dont delete this post because I used drugs as an example, in no way am I promoting or endorsing drugs, or drug use. Some people just need to have it painted out for them in a way that they can understand. Thank You.
edit-C.G

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Common Good]

Good way to put it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I say we start a hostage take over in wall street and demand audits or hostages will die. Want radical change? Gotta do something radical!

Notice how the bad guys are always in front of us? It's because were too damn nice

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Mr_Sushkov]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think that if the FED get's audited, there will be a Nuclear War.

that's my opinion

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If I may add, it concerns me that the prospect of the "repudiation" of the Federal Reserve should prompt a 'threatening' response.

I think it's clear that the political parties are part of the paradigm that brought us to what appears to be their imminent decision to gut us. It is also clear that the Senate is not inclined to pursue this. Perhaps it is is in the Senate where fear reigns most supreme.... it's a shame really. A sham and a shame.

America may yet have a brief moment to cry out "Freedom!" while we're being gutted economically; and we may - if we are so inclined - use the opportunity to the advantage of our children and grandchildren... by making it clear that we at least RECOGNIZE who the actual architects of our disunion; to them America is THEIRS to play with.

Regardless of whether they are "playing nice" or not, it is just a GAME to them, and at the end of the game, they STILL go home, untouched by the crap they cook up.

We on the other hand, seem to be a 'resource' with which to play. a 'human resource' (sound familiar?). We have been socially demoted, the law doesn't apply to them... they are at best minimally exposed to any real threat. What happens to those who lead lives without consequences? Look at them. They are in office, hand-picking their successors.

I don't want my family or loved-ones to participate in Madison Avenue's and Hollywood's nonsensical consumer zoo, hall of mirrors, and general bread and circus approach to life.

The Fed has the power to destroy the economy of the nation. The Congress abdicated it's authority to them. A private bank cartel.

The reason? ..., yeah, we all know there was one.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know if this was said but...

The only way the Fed gets audited is if the NWO is ready to replace it with something which even better suits their needs. Maybe something like a global currency with a global central bank?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Personally, I don't know if we'd be able to find a lamp post high enough to hang that guy from.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosTNForGotteNWayS
First I'd like to state I am a common visitor of ATS but until now not a member.... SO HELLO ALL.... i chose for my first post to be here, for this picture i made about a year and a half ago as my "North American Union" concept flag....
and also....
how can i start my own posting?... i cant seem to find it im probably overlooking it like usual.....

I have a bunch of political art work if you care to see it:
"My Art" on myspace
"MY ART" on DeviantArt

Thanks and Peace

First off, Welcome.

Sadly, I don't share your enthusiasm for the idea of the sublimation of national sovereignty under commerce. But I appreciate your participation.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

why nuclear war? who will start it? who will it involve? i hate to sound stupid, but these days absolutely anything is possible and i don't know who the friends are and who the enemies. we used to think of other countries as the enemies but now our biggest enemy is within our own country: fed and many members of current government.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Bernanke should be put in prison for crimes against the citizens of the United States.

Don't want to account for that 9 trillion huh Bernanke?

I'm sick of this crap! I'm glad Obama gave you more power so you can suck the wealth of this country dry.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

So we have crimes that are "too horrible to prosecute."

You know! I'm beginng to believe that all this is a part of satanic rituals!

Anyway! I would love to see an audit of the American FED, but I think that'll never happen?

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You can only prop up a failing entity for so long. The money is gone and the crooks want to keep us in the dark as long as possible.

Audit the Fed.

Collapse is inevitable. We should treat it like removing a band-aid. Pull it off fast and get the pain over with fast instead of letting it linger on and on.

Audit the Fed!

Did I mention auditing the fed?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Have you guys thought about the other possibility? That he's actually begging for a chance to right things under the cover?

Maybe there is still a chance to make things right, to do the repairs if given enough time, but not if all the damage is truly exposed all at once.

Are you Americans really sure you want it to be audited? You might be shooting yourself in the foot. If the US really is exposed to be irrecoverable, other hostile powers might start to move like in like Gordon Gekko in Wall Street.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by postmeme

Have you guys thought about the other possibility? That he's actually begging for a chance to right things under the cover? Maybe there is still a chance to make things right, to do the repairs if given enough time, but not if all the damage is truly exposed all at once.

Repairs? Let them repair a criminal institution? Let them "fix" it so they can continue to collect interest on our hard work? Where does the money go? Who IS TAKING OUR MONEY!?!

The rest of the world is probably more educated on this matter than people here. The media could investigate this to no end and blow the doors open on this...but they won't. Just smatterings of talk here and there. I wonder why?

Wouldn't be because they are all corporate owned.....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Darthorious

You can write candidates in. I wrote Ron Paul in last election.

You know how many people wanted to vote for him but think the way you do? Couple that with the number of people that know they can write candidates in but are more interested in voting for a candidate that is MORE LIKELY to win (thereby making making their vote count "more"...where's the logic on that, I don't know?), and "they" would have crapped their pants if they saw these people actually writing in a candidate like Ron Paul.

THAT is what makes your vote count more. Read my sig. We need to make them fear us more. Right now, they laugh at us for being so ignorant and gullible. If there was a major write in campaign that got Paul some serious votes, they would actually be afraid that their illusions of a two-party system would start to unravel.

I understand you can write it in but have been told don't bother it won't count the vote.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The write in option is a joke.

I would have written in my candidate, except my candidate never registered his candidacy in my state. Accordingly, my vote wouldn't have been directly counted.

Further, it's the electoral college that enables their abuse. WE do NOT decide who is president or senator or congress unless we are allowed to by the Parties (it's only one party really).

Something different is needed if we are to expect change. You can't get real change by doing the SAME thing over and over. The Fed is but ONE symptom of the Parties' failure to protect the people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join