It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with your rationality when you see something?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdi
reply to post by mellisamouse

hello mellisamouse
i do enjoy the tipsy but only at weekends when all is done and dusted. i get silly and giddy for a bit then usually snore all night whilst dribbling all over the pillow. it shows in the morning like a posse of slugs have decided to pay me a visit. cannot remember being drunk and having a sighting.
regards cdi.

lol, yeah true..... most sighting etc are when I am totally sober for a few months, done some cleanse, on an all raw healthy diet etc..... I think I purposley went back to eating crapier so I would be a less pure "specimen"..lol....

Plus after a few brewskies it is sooooo much easier to go to sleep at a decent hour, lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InterconnecteD

Wow, you make a lot of sense. I like the way you think...

I too want these realities top meet.... they are more and more actually though.

A LOT of this stuff is more mainstream now, and many more people are being open about the "mysterious" and admiting to thier own experiences etc.

I am a single mom and I live with anywhere from 3-8 guys on any given month (Irent out rooms in my house to students and one to a friend) and around here when there are just the regular 3-4 of us, we speak pretty openly about all of this stuff now.... In fact they ask me questions a lot.

They also walk me to karaoke, hang out with me all night, and walk me home to make sure I don't go "missing" lol..kinda nice, live in body guards, hahaha.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is a very interesting notion....dealing with your own rationality after experiencing something off the beaten path, or paranormal. Most responses are referencing UFO's, abductions, sightings, and are otherwise generally UFO related.

I have had several so-called paranormal experiences. They were not UFO related, but they did take me by surprise.... out of the blue.

At the moment, I have faith in my sanity. I know myself to be grounded, not subject to hysteria, or hallucinations. When these events occurred, I was curious, shocked, and after they were over I burst out laughing once, and burst out crying once. I think as some kind of emotional release. I don't talk about them often, because I'm afraid it would shake the confidence other's have in me. The experience's haven't shaken my confidence in myself.

I accept these things did in fact happen, because I am sane, I am rational, and I know my own mind. I accept them as another life experience, and I continue on.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

VERY good points ladyinwaiting...VERY true!

I only let out little bits here and there...mostly in comedic ways as jokes etc, that people get what I'm saying in a joking way....but still know what I am saying, because I do have confidence in me, and being everyones social hook-up and security, it is better for them to not have to all of a sudden feel awward around me etc...

I think a lot of us that are social "hubs" have these experiences to ease the rest in so they don't freak out and feel alienated etc...

I have, when one on one, had some pretty real and down to earth conversations with the most far out there that you would think, because of my social reputation etc...bikers, partiers, native elders, masons, fluffy bunny lovers...you name it...

I cross all social boundaries, which is why I think this happens to me...because I can gently ease people into the unkonwn without making them feel awkward, isolated or weird etc....privatley too

If I am so socaially acceptable, then they can talk to me about it, even if it isn't usually socially acceptable etc...

[edit on 13-7-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeah I can relate and give my answer. I have always been a seeker of truth. I was raised a Christian, but turned from my Christian upbringing at adolescence. I was, in this period, a non-believer and slammed on Christians all the time. Then, when I was nineteen years old, I saw something that made me believe in the Hebrew God Yahweh, and his son Jesus.

What was it that I saw, you say? I saw the serpent, referred to in the Genesis of the Bible. I don't expect everybody to believe me, but this was a six foot tall cobra looking snake in North America. I won't give a detailed description here, because I plan to write a book, however, this forever changed my beliefs fundamentally, because I have seen Satan.

I have also had many other experiences, that I won't go into right now, but relax when you feel that you are going crazy. The things found within the depths of the "Rabbit Hole" can make one feel like they are going crazy, especially if you have a flashlight with you down there. In fact, many genius people often feel as though they are going crazy or becoming saddened.

Always remember to recheck your perception, in order to eliminate any possibility of delusions arising, because there are powers out there that will use any weakness in your perception, to decieve you and bring you away from the truth. Unless you have a perfect photographic memory, you have weakness in perception, and then one with the perfect memory can still be decieved, by The Deciever because of their emotions.

The best way to eliminate perception weakness is to strengthen the memory and that means working to remember as much as about every moment as possible. Controlling the emotionl center is also just as important as improving the memory.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join