It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hal Turner Denied Bail!!! -- Constitution tossed out window

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
yeah. i agree with the judge. they have reason to believe this guy is a threat. he said some stupid things and has to face the consequences. theres a difference between saying "i hope this guy dies"

And
"i hope someone kills him and heres how they can do it"

He didn't tell people how to do it. He gave out the judges addresses which is public info anyway and is just what our own govt does with convicted sex offenders. Really astounding how people here at ATS are so pro-govt on the subject of hal turner.!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yet the idiot who threatened Larry Snclairs life many times on the internet goes scott free.... If they ever come for me we'll be having court on my door step..!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu
Funny how that if a muslim American made terroristic threats, most right-wingnuts would be okay with hanging the guy without a trial but when one of their own WHITE wingnuts makes terroristic threats they think he should get bail. Simply Amazing.

What's amazing is how people here at ATS are so pro-govt on this issue. We all remember last year when michael reagan called for the death of 911 truthers and nothing was done to him.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA
Yet the idiot who threatened Larry Snclairs life many times on the internet goes scott free.... If they ever come for me we'll be having court on my door step..!!

Hell - lots of people have said on the internet that so-and-so should be killed. But they're not thrown in jail and denied bail. There was a famous court case 40 years ago, Brandenburg v Ohio, where the court ruled that such things are allowed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

I think giving out the addresses is okay.

Saying they deserve to die is also okay.

Doesn't seem like any laws are being broken here...

Unrelated note: I'm sort of glad he's in jail, because he's a real scum bag. I do not feel sorry for racist butt holes who appear to advocate murdering those who disagree with them.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

[: I'm sort of glad he's in jail, because he's a real scum bag. I do not feel sorry for racist butt holes who appear to advocate murdering those who disagree with them.

Racism?? He may be but that's not the issue here. These judges made a gun control ruling that Hal Turner objected to. And BTW - i doubt if the judges actually disagreed with turner. More likely they made the ruling because the govt told them to.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

[: I'm sort of glad he's in jail, because he's a real scum bag. I do not feel sorry for racist butt holes who appear to advocate murdering those who disagree with them.

Racism?? He may be but that's not the issue here. These judges made a gun control ruling that Hal Turner objected to. And BTW - i doubt if the judges actually disagreed with turner. More likely they made the ruling because the govt told them to.

I'm sure he'll walk. Doesn't appear to me that he broke any laws.

He's still a scum bag, though.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think he should have been allowed bail. Many have made bail on more serious charges in the past.

However, considering that he called for the death of judges, and that the bail decision was made by a judge, is there really any surprise here?

Call it government corruption, call it "looking out for one's own", it's still no surprise.
I would expect nothing less.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My bet is that Mr. Turner will be given a Psychological evaluation while in custody and be sent to the bottomless funny farm. Or...........

He will rat out his right wing Friends to save his skin and eventually suffer the consequences. Such is the plight of cowards and fools.....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I think he should have been allowed bail. Many have made bail on more serious charges in the past.

However, considering that he called for the death of judges, and that the bail decision was made by a judge, is there really any surprise here?

Call it government corruption, call it "looking out for one's own", it's still no surprise.
I would expect nothing less.

Oh - i'm not surprised either by this. Judges look out for other judges. If he had threatened some ordinary joe he wouldn't even be charged. We all remember last year when Michael Reagan called for the murder of 911 truther mark dice and the law turned a blind eye.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why is it that I have a feeling that you have a white robe and a pointy hat in your closet?? This guy is a white supremacist calling for violence against anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view. His basic point of view is 'if you elect officials who disagree with me, then those officials deserve a bullet in the head'! THAT'S NOT AMERICAN, THAT'S ANARCHY!!! I'll bet that if you checked James W. von Brunn's computer, you'd find that he had visited Hal Turner's website often. In my opinion, this guy was inciting domestic terrorism, so yes, he should have been denied bail! COME ON AMERICA, IT'S TIME TO GROW THE FRAK UP! Intelligent, rational, mature adults do not settle differences this way. Where exactly do we draw the line???

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Exactly! If Turner had said the same thing about you, or me, or that guy down the street with the "Will work for beer" sign, he'd be out on the street right now. No matter how much of a nutter he is.

It may be an abuse of authority, but I'm pretty sure that if I were the judge I'd have done the same thing.

"Oh, so you want to have judges killed, do ya? No bail for you, sucker"!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
[ This guy is a white supremacist calling for violence against anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view.

Once again i ask why didn't the law prosecute Michael Reagan last year when he called for the murder of 911 truther Mark Dice??

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It may be an abuse of authority, but I'm pretty sure that if I were the judge I'd have done the same thing.

Of course it's an abuse of authority and this judge should be removed from office and in fact disbarred from the practice of law.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They should have. Regretfully, we only have laws that make this a crime when it's a government official. Calling for the murder of anyone should be a crime.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't know about all that. It could be authority abuse, but I kinda think it's more about human nature. Threatening a judge could easily be seen by another judge as a threat to him/herself. The response would, as per human nature, be pretty much a given.

Like I said, I'd have probably done the same thing in his place. And, although you would never admit it, you probably would, too.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I don't know about all that. It could be authority abuse, but I kinda think it's more about human nature. Threatening a judge could easily be seen by another judge as a threat to him/herself. The response would, as per human nature, be pretty much a given.

Human nature??? What kind of excuse is that??. Hell - it's human nature for men to be rapists but we don't accept that as justification. This judge should be removed from office!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I would say he is lucky to have survived the arrest!! Of course a judge is not going to grant bail to someone calling for the death of....Judges!!

If I were the judge, I would order him to solitary confinement until the trial. Just imagine if this guy was posting your picture, address, and schedule to the internet, while overly exaggerating your opinions, and calling for your death!

Bail is not a right, by the way, a speedy trial is a right, but bail is a privilege and it is often denied in cases of violence or flight risk! And I ask everyone here what is more dangerous, one angry fellow with a gun, or one crazy fellow with a popular blog and thousands of followers?

IMHO, I would rather watch out for one guy with the gun, than look over my shoulder at all times and not know who may be coming at me next;, because they believed the insane rantings of some blogger and were armed with all the info he provided them about my daily routine!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
And I ask everyone here what is more dangerous, one angry fellow with a gun, or one crazy fellow with a popular blog and thousands of followers?

You forgot to add that the thousands of followers are angry fellows with guns!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Don't shout fire in a crowded theater."
Mostly all Americans have heard this before. It really sums up 1st Amendment rights to Free Speech. In it's most basic sense, say what you'd like up until the point where it poses an immediate danger to people.
Posting these judges name, addresses, pictures, etc is against 1st Amendment Speech Freedoms. It's been this way for almost a century (at least).
Moreover, if Hal Turner wanted someone to do something to these people he should have manned up and did it himself. However, he's a coward who wants others to do his dirty work.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join