It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hal Turner Denied Bail!!! -- Constitution tossed out window

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

No bail for blogger accused of threats to judges Judge deems Turner a danger to the community, sends him to Illinois updated 1:29 p.m. MT, Thurs., June 25, 2009

NEWARK, N.J. - A judge in New Jersey has denied bail to a blogger charged with threatening to assault or murder three Chicago-based federal judges who refused to overturn handgun bans. Hal Turner, 47, appeared in federal court Thursday. The 47-year-old Turner was arrested Wednesday at his northern New Jersey home. The charge carries a maximum sentence of 10 years.

Turner is accused of posting statements on his Web site calling for the murder of three federal appeals court judges in Chicago who recently upheld bans on handguns in Chicago and a suburb. "Let me be the first to say this plainly: these Judges deserve to be killed." He included their pictures, phone numbers, work address and room numbers along with a photo of the courthouse in which they work and a map of its location, the FBI says. " (snip)

Everybody is supposed to get bail. Sometimes they don't as in a murder case but this piddling "crime" has a max sentence of only 10 years.!! IMO, threatening govt officials shouldn't even be a crime. Only way to keep the corrupt psychopaths honest.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I completely agree, but he did go a little far. I mean really, maps and locations to the judges. THAT is why he did not get bail. Its one thing to disagree with the government, its quite another to basically hire hitmen to kill them. That is a no no

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

"Let me be the first to say this plainly: these Judges deserve to be killed." He included their pictures, phone numbers, work address and room numbers along with a photo of the courthouse in which they work and a map of its location, the FBI says. "

I'm the first person to defend constitutional rights, and the first to call out the corrupt justice system.

However, when someone goes as far as to post pictures, phone #'s, addresses and room numbers, and on top of that calls for that person's execution... Needless to say when a judge deems that person a threat, it's legitimate.

We have the rights guaranteed to us by the first amendment. We also have the right to face the consequences of what we say. If you shout fire in a theatre, you will be arrested for it. He was not merely voicing his dissent. He was not being subtle. Rather, he was demonstrating premeditation to murder. I actually support the judge's decision. This person was a legitimate threat to those judge's lives.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
I completely agree, but he did go a little far. I mean really, maps and locations to the judges. THAT is why he did not get bail. Its one thing to disagree with the government, its quite another to basically hire hitmen to kill them. That is a no no

He didn't hire any hitmen - where did you get that idea??!!! All he did was print some words!!! Sure, it's a threat and govt officials need to live with that.

Would you approve throwing people in prison if they said "hal turner should be killed"?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

He was not merely voicing his dissent. He was not being subtle. Rather, he was demonstrating premeditation to murder..

"premeditation to murder"???? All he said is the judges deserve to be killed just like many people have said Hal Turner should be killed.

You want free speech or not?? Anyway - the real issue here is that he should have gotten bail. Even if he's guilty, his crime is not that serious.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Let's not forget that our own govt gives out the addresses of convicted sex offenders. Isn't that just begging someone to kill them??

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Let's not forget that our own govt gives out the addresses of convicted sex offenders. Isn't that just begging someone to kill them??

Seriously?

That is to warn families of who might potentially try to spy on them/rape them/molest their children. You cannot compare the registered offender list to someone posting home addresses, phone numbers and photos of judges on a blog and then calling for their murders.

Look, people like this are the ones who make responsible gun-owners and defenders of the second-amendment look bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't think what Hal did was right and can sort of see why he was denied bail.
i hope he doesn't get kidney failure
or get raped in the 'yard' whilst watching a baseball game
i know i know; Rush and Palin aren't important like a judge or anything and are hard to find
and Michael Regan to be exact, called for the murders of “911 Truthers"!

i guess sometimes it's funny and okay and sometimes it isn't.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
yeah. i agree with the judge. they have reason to believe this guy is a threat. he said some stupid things and has to face the consequences. theres a difference between saying "i hope this guy dies"

And
"i hope someone kills him and heres how they can do it"

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hal turner had some anger issues their..its not illegal to say, they need ot be killed..its jsut a mtter of opinion. Giving out personall phone numbers, addresses, doing a sketchy FBI profile of them, r anyone is NOT cool.... if hal turner hadnt gone as far as posting their personal info...hed still be making fictatious amero movies,a nd misinforming us all..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You do not have a right to bail. If a judge deems you to be a flight risk or a danger to the community, he may deny bail. As to what this guy did, had he just said that they should be killed, he would have been fine, but to give out their addresses, phone numbers, etc., he crossed the line. What if some blogger had it in for you, had a following of extremists and gave out your address, phone number, posted your pic, etc. If someone had or does take him up on it, he will be an accessory to murder.

Yes, you have freedom of speech, but inciting murder is crossing the line.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Seriously?

That is to warn families of who might potentially try to spy on them/rape them/molest their children. You cannot compare the registered offender list to someone posting home addresses, phone numbers and photos of judges on a blog and then calling for their murders.

I disagree with that since i think govt officials should have to put up with threats from citizens. Only way to keep them honest. But you're avoiding the issue which is - should Turner have gotten bail?. Since his crime only carries a maximum penalty of 10 years, the answer is yes he certainly should have gotten bail. The accused has a right to defend himself and you can't do that from inside jail. That's why nearly everyone is granted bail whether they can pay it or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
As to what this guy did, had he just said that they should be killed, he would have been fine, but to give out their addresses, phone numbers, etc., he crossed the line.

But our govt gives out the addresses of convicted sex offenders which is just begging for someone to attack them. Why does everyone accept that but not what Turner did.?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

The difference is that the government doesn't also add: These people need to be killed. BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE!!! Don't confuse public safety with inciting radicalism. I have three grandsons, and you bet your gluteous maximus that I and my daughter want to KNOW if a pedophile lives near them. I and my daughter want to KNOW who not to let around those innocent kids.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The difference is that the government doesn't also add: These people need to be killed.

They don't have to say it explicitly but the message is still there that we want you to attack these people.

Anyway - i wish people would address the issue i raised which is, should Turner get bail or not. Unless you're charged w murder, bail is all but automatic. Turner's supposed "crime" was just posting public info on the internet!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I see people comparing sex offenders to Hal Turner here... I think it is important to remember that kids that send naughty photos of one another to each other...They get caught and they all become registered sex offenders...

They grow up... their names are in registries. Some radical like Hal Turner asks his audience to find sex offenders and go kill them.

Who is in the wrong here.. The government for making the crimes public with addresses or the Radical asking for his audience to kill them..??

Now onto the next subject of this thread

Is Hal Turner a flight risk?

No absolutely not. He has too many haters and detractors ready to rat him out should he hit the airport...and should they be that concerned they can always ankle monitor him.

By denying him bail they are justifying his radical statements and making him look like the victim of evil government....

Mind you I do not like Hal Turner myself but I do despise the American Federal Empire. I am just not so stupid to say we should kill people over it... nor so cowardly to ask others to do it for if I really felt that way...And that last part is what really bugs me... Hal is an alarmist but worse he is a Coward for asking his audience to do what he himself was not willing to do....

[edit on 26-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Bail is a priviledge, not a right. It is also not automatic. And I can just imagine what this yahoo would say if he did get bail and started blogging again.

As for registered sex offenders, if you are convicted of any felony, the public has a right to know, unless you are a juvenile. You diddle a kid, you do not deserve to disappear into anonimity. As for those who would take the law into their own hands, don't excuse their behavior by saying it's the governments fault because they warned the public. If you had a convicted child molestor living next door, and you had kids, wouldn't you want to know??? And if the government didn't release this info, and this sick bastard diddled your kid, and you found out that the government knew and kept it to themselves, how would you react. Think about that one for a minute or two before you answer. As for the kids who trade pics or get caught diddling each other, I don't think they should be considered as sex offenders. This is all done on the State level, so if you want it changed, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! Don't just whine about it anonomously online.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

And I can just imagine what this yahoo would say if he did get bail and started blogging again.

Oh yes.. we should all be so concerned about the radical dangerous bloggers.

I tell you this much... I noticed that none of his loyal devoted fans had the motivation to do as he asked them.

I do not think anyone should fear the blogs of Hal Turner...LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
if it's this guy

encyclopediadramatica.com...

he surely doesn't need bail. The death threats that was copied from his site are posted on the above site and of course the raid made against him in retaliation. But the guy is insane.

White supremacist idiot

even when on his own website he stepped down from the "movement" everyone knows he was a liar

I hereby separate from the "pro-White movement." I will no longer involve myself in any aspect of it. I will always value the friends I met in the pro-White movement and they will always be welcome in my home - all of them!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Funny how that if a muslim American made terroristic threats, most right-wingnuts would be okay with hanging the guy without a trial but when one of their own WHITE wingnuts makes terroristic threats they think he should get bail. Simply Amazing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join