It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US withdrawal from Iraqi cities a carefully crafted ploy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The time is upon us and now the schedule withdrawal of US forces out of Iraqi cities is only days away. I have been really thining about what the hidden agenda behind the publicly announced deadline. Could it be that the President and his advisers are banking on Iraq to be engulfed in utter chaos with the emergence of death squads, damage to property, and violent clashes between Sunni and Shia countrywide? Was the procurement and training of Iraqi security forces designed for failure by design when it began during the occupation in 2003?

In the scenario above, total anarchy and destabilization in Iraq would lead the Iraqi government to beg the United States to come out of the bases and restore order. I mean if we truly wanted to make the Iraqi security forces stable and independent; we could have done so. I have always thought of the training as being sub-par and their equipment comes from old recycled junk. Moreover, when has the US ever really left a country it conquered? We still have forces in Japan and Germany and those bases have been open for business more than 60 years. Plus we barely scraped the surface of the country's oil reserves. Also, the Iraqi government is auctioning off oil contracts to private companies and this is the first time in over 30 years!

In closing, could it be that President Obama is more clever than anyone else suspected? I have a gut feeling he knows that violence will continue once the US forces retreat to their bases, and therefore; he puts on the good-guy persona with the overture of adhering to the Iraqi's wishes and pulling the troops out of populated areas on June 30th. As a result, he will be able to continue this strategy and US involvement in Iraq will continue as long as our government wishes. The new strategy for Iraq is called the "Revolving Door."

news.xinhuanet.com...

www.seattlepi.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Out of the populated areas and concentrated back at the bases, just in time to be "disposed of" like shooting fish in a barrel.

IF ANYTHING HAPPENS to the troops at the bases, IT IS AN INSIDE JOB. Blame may be passed to IRAN or others. If anything happens to them, there will be a coup in the USA.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F-Iraq!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That was a most odd short story.

Me thinks you may of meant to post this in a different forum.. maybe middle east issues or just general conspiracy....

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sorry about that, but I posted on the wrong board initially; but it has been resolved. Pardon if I caused any confusion.

However, what are your thoughts on the real scheme behind the announced pull-out of US forces from Iraqi cities? I don't think it is going to be all peaches and cream for the Iraqis and I think it is a carefully crafted strategy to continue US involvement for the foreseeable future.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would love to hear some other opinions on this subject. There are many shady instances surrounding the US involvement in Iraq. Moreover, I think this is a subject that should raising the stink meter.

With so much intrigue involving the Iraq war with the private contractor murders, sectarian violence, US and Iraqi casualties, large amounts of reconstruction and Iraqi money vanishing, Iranian meddling, allegations, of corruption in the Al Maliki government, and the list continues . . . Again, I don't see this city withdrawal is as innocent as President Obama would like us to believe. So lets hear some incite from some of the finest minds on the internet.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Nah..

I think we are pretty much done there. IMO When we leave every Anti-America bashing troll will come crawling out of the woodwork and call it an American defeat Yadda Yadda Blah Blah Blah
Even though we out lasted the Iraqis and all the Iranian insurgents. Saddam is gone and the Iraqis will have to govern themselves sooner or later.

The sectarian violence will continue. Saddam was only really good at killing anybody who made trouble and kept the peace. Other than that I'm glad we are done there.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Jakes51

Nah..

I think we are pretty much done there. IMO When we leave every American basher will call it an American defeat Yadda Yadda Blah Blah Blah
Even though we out lasted the Iraqis and all the Iranian insurgents. Saddam is gone and the Iraqis will have to govern themselves sooner or later.

The sectarian violence will continue. Saddam was only really good at killing anybody who made trouble and kept the peace. Other than that I'm glad we are done there.

Thanks for weighing in Slayer69! I respect your opinion, but I disagree with you on this one. My gut tells me that the US will return to their bases and bide their time and wait for the call from the Iraqi government when shtf. I can assure you the terrorists are still there and around.

However, they have been underground since General Petraeus's surge in 2006. They are like the snake in the tall grass waiting to ambush an unsuspecting foot that should happen to step on it. The US wants chaos to be so out of control that the Iraqis will be on their hands and knees begging for our involvement again, and from our efforts of restoring order; we get an opportunity to form another deal and this type thing will go on and on.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well we will see only time will tell...

Iraq will cooperate from now on with the US. Unless something very drastic happens we are done.

IMO the game is in Afghanistan and Pakistan now.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I see the troops when they leave the cities start a program of interdiction of the movement of the insurgents between cities.

Mostly surprise road blocks and searches based on intelligence and signal intelligence and watch post to track the bad guys.

I also see a major effort to stop the movement of explosives, weapons and agents from Iran to Iraq,
This will be to show that Iran is meddling in Iraq and supplying insurgents and terrorist in Iraq.
Any insurgency has to have a safe haven and a supply country.
many IED have been traced to Iran and to stop the insurgency in Iraq the Best way will be to show that Iran is supplying the insurgency in Iraq and afghanistan.
Then we can put more pressure on Iran with UN or other sanctions and embargos

It is also known that Iran sends weapons to hamas in Gaza and this can help give the US the right to start searching Iranian ships smuggling weapons to Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon.
These sanctions can also be used to stop ships from China from bringing weapons to iran.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oh yeah, a carefully crafted strategic deception strategy. indeed.

Just like pulling out of Vietnam was a very cunning ruse to defeat world Communism.
Or maybe, America has been badly beaten on the battlefield just one more time..

America has LOST every single war it has started over the last sixty years.

I know you guys don't like hearing that.

But tell me which war has America started and actually won since World War Two? Please tell me ?

America has been involved in quite a few multinational efforts, like Gulf War one, where FIFTY OTHER NATIONS protected America. It was a walk over in Kuwait. But when America and Britain went back to Iraq for Gulf War Two, you are being very badly beaten.

That is especially true now that Britain has left the American military in Iraq all by yourselves with nobody to protect you.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

See what I mean jake?

All the trolls will come out and make all kinds of claims.
Meanwhile none of our positions were ever overrun.
None of the battles that were fought were ever lost.

Pulling out has been decided like years ago .
Now all of a sudden we lost.

Yadda yadda Blah Blah Blah

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a85a6ec93c9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Silver Shadow

See what I mean jake?

All the trolls will come out and make all kinds of claims.
Meanwhile none of our positions were ever overrun.
None of the battles that were fought were ever lost.

Pulling out has been decided like years ago .
Now all of a sudden we lost.

Yadda yadda Blah Blah Blah

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a85a6ec93c9.jpg[/atsimg]

I agree we met all military objectives and never lost an engagement. However, I think it would be foolish giving up our position in Iraq, especially, with its strategic placement in the center of the middle east. We are in a position to leverage Iran, Syria, and Lebanon if the situations arises to do so.

I mean to any military planner, that real estate is priceless; and we have a flag supplanted there. To give it up right now would be foolish and ill-conceived. I'm not trying to sound like a war-monger here and I think the troops should be brought home and all garrisons abandoned in Iraq but we can't refute the strategic importance of having a foothold on the ground in Iraq.

In terms of the Great Game 2.0, keep up the good work my friend; and I look forward to contributing as much as I can.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Of course you LOST.

America always loses.

Please give one example of a war started by America that you have won ?

You could never win in Iraq, it is impossible.

There is no objective.
There is no strategy.
What have you won there exactly.

All you have done is kill a whole lot of people in Iraq, but you have not actually ACHIEVED anything.

If you disagree, please tell me the PURPOSE of the war in Iraq, and how that purpose has been achieved.

With no purpose, and no objective, winning is impossible.
Only Americans are dumb enough to fight in a war for which they have no idea what the war is about.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow

Only Americans are dumb enough to fight in a war for which they have no idea what the war is about.

Yeah I guess that means the Australian forces lost not once but twice

They pulled out of Iraq twice.
Go hide in your hole. Your country has blood on their hands to.

Australian contribution to the 2003 invasion of Iraq

Australian contribution to the 2003 invasion of Iraq
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
An Australian SAS patrol in western Iraq.

The Howard Government supported the disarmament of Iraq during the Iraq disarmament crisis. Australia later provided one of the four most substantial combat force contingents during the 2003 invasion of Iraq, under the operational codename Operation Falconer.

Part of its contingent were among the first forces to enter Iraq after the official "execute" order.[1]

The initial Australian force consisted of; 3 Royal Australian Navy ships, 500 special forces soldiers, P-3 Orion maritime patrol aircraft, C-130 Hercules transport aircraft and No. 75 Squadron RAAF (which included 14 F/A-18 Hornet fighters).

Combat forces committed to Operation Falconer for the 2003 Invasion were withdrawn during 2003. Under the name Operation Catalyst, Australian combat troops were redeployed to Iraq in 2005, however, and assumed responsibility for supporting Iraqi security forces in one of Iraq's southern provinces. These troops began withdrawing from Iraq on 1 June 2008.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yes Australia was there in Gulf War one, along with 49 other nations.
We are all very proud of that great victory.

Kicking Saddam out of Kuwait was a great success, swift and efficient.

Australia again continued with the multinational force blockading Iraq to prevent Saddam from rearming. Another great success.

When America decided to outrageously defy the United Nations, and completely against international law, invade Iraq illegally, based on a complete lie (weapons of mass destruction) Australia took no part in that second invasion and occupation. No Australian combat troops took part.

Australia did however provide some logistical support for the initial stages of the American invasion of Iraq, but none of that was directly combat related.
Some of the existing Australian ships and aircrafrt on blockade duty in the Gulf shifted some cargo into Iraq for America. (operation Falconer). On the understanding that once the US occupation was complete, all Aussies doing blockade duty could come home. No point in blockading a country occupied by the American military, eh ?

All the Australians involved in operation Falconer were pilots, logistical guys, quartermasters, and technical experts at shifting stuff. We have had no combat grunts in Iraq shooting at anyone, not since 1993.

No this is America's war, and Americas defeat.
Australia has played no part in it.

You may also be surprised to learn Australia has never had a single combat death in Iraq. Not one.

Australia has not had a single combat death in Iraq for both wars, America has 7,000+ dead. And those 7,000+ dead guys have achieved exa took part in the illegal invasion militarily, and have had no part of your illegal war. Our hand are clean of your war crimes, and youir final defeat in Iraq,

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Of course you LOST.

America always loses.

Please give one example of a war started by America that you have won ?

You could never win in Iraq, it is impossible.

There is no objective.
There is no strategy.
What have you won there exactly.

All you have done is kill a whole lot of people in Iraq, but you have not actually ACHIEVED anything.

If you disagree, please tell me the PURPOSE of the war in Iraq, and how that purpose has been achieved.

With no purpose, and no objective, winning is impossible.

You term it as winning cut and dry. However, I think the US won after all. Now we are in the thick of things in middle east with our military contingent. We have the ability to have a lot of sway in that part of the world and plus the ability to respond to conflicts in the middle east that hinder world exports in oil.

If there is any disruption in the flow of oil it affects the entire world. So call the US what you want, but we are there; and will ensure that you will be able to fill your car with petrol to get to work in the morning.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
A war need a reason.

A war needs a purpose.

A war needs an objective.

So please tell me why America attacked and occupied Iraq.
If you have won, what have you won there exactly ?

Americans keeop tallking about winning in Iraq, what has actually been achieved there ?

So the weapons of mass destruction have been found, eh ?
That was the original stated purpose for the invasion.

After six years nothing has been found, and 7,000+ Americans have died.

Where is the victory in thsat ?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

When America decided to outrageously defy the United Nations, and completely against international law, invade Iraq illegally, based on a complete lie (weapons of mass destruction) Australia took no part in that second invasion and occupation. No Australian combat troops took part.

Australia Looks Back on Iraq War

Many reports note that Australia was an early supporter of the war when its government was headed by former Prime Minister John Howard (who was “baffled” by his successor’s decision to pull out). But a timeline from The Sydney Morning-Herald describes how surprisingly early Australia was: on the eve of the war, Australian special forces secured western Iraq in a secret operation.

What You Dont Know
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c33b40ba4d1b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

So the weapons of mass destruction have been found, eh ?
That was the original stated purpose for the invasion.

After six years nothing has been found, and 7,000+ Americans have died.

Well if you were one of the few people to think we were after WMD then I really dont know what to tell you.

Learn about the Great Game

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There is no country in the Middle East that directly threatens America, never has, and never will.

So why are you guys even there ?

And please don't tell me you are killing torturing and bombing foreign countries to spread freedom.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join