It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baphomet & George Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why did they make George Washington statue to look like Baphomet ?

I have no idea why the heck would some do this? can someone clear this up for me?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I cant see the link from here, can you get a better pic or link?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
here ya go

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i dont see the resemblance. theyre both sitting

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So, the only thing in common with both images is that the right arm is pointing up and the left arm is pointing down.

All other imagery is different (position of legs, what they are sitting on, what they are holding, what they are wearing, missing caduceus on Washington, sword held in position of rest not on Baphomet, etc.).

The "as above, so below" pose dates to Ancient Egyptian times, but has it's parallels in Judaism, Islam, and Christianity with "On Earth, as it is in Heaven".

I hardly see any conclusive connection to denote any similarity, other than this symbolic position of the arms, which in the case of the statue of Washington, most likely is symbolic of what is done in the terrestrial aspires to be like that of the celestial divine.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why doesn't Washington have any shirt on? Geez man. Put some clothes on. Was he supposed to look like David or something? Are they both doing the 'we're number one' sign?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Have you seen this image in the Capital Rotunda?

www.flickr.com...

Image shows Washington as a God looking down on the capital building!

Crazy stuff.

Looked it up on ATS and found this post...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didn't get much attention but interesting none the less.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
lets see maybe thats his hero. his god. the object of his affections. along
those lines.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

HES NOT THE ONLY ONE THERE IT A MURAL OF THE FOUNDING FATHERS CREATING THE UNITED STATES! This is where the under god comes from in the pledge of allegiance. The united states was founded as a Christian nation all ways has been until the 60s when they decided there should be a separation of church and state which was a severe miss interpretation of the constitution. The constitution meant to protect religion from government interference. It was not meant to prevent religion from influencing government and in fact religious morals and values were expected from government.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Umm...

The wiki pages for the George Washington statue, and Baphomet (the image by Eliphas Levi) seem to shed some light on this matter.

The George Washington statue was commissioned in 1832 and completed in 1840.

Eliphas' Baphomet published the image of Baphomet (in Dogmas and Rituals of High Magic) in 1854.

Is it possible that Mr.Levi chose the pose to parody the GW statue?

new topics

top topics

join