It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson has heart attack / stopped breathing / CPR administered

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Rest In Peace Michael, you brought joy and happiness to millions. May you rest with the Angels now.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
30 pages of utter crud.

Wish I'd never started this thread ; the hysteria is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You do realize he spent nearly 200 MILLION shutting those families up

right?????He also nearly went bankrupt because of it, It's not really rocket

science at all why would any give away their fortune if they were

innocent??? They wouldn't end of story, say what you want doesn't matter

still can't take away this undeniable fact. But I'll ask you a better question,

if you had the opportunity to prove your innocence and clear your name

forever by a trial in court, why would you then settle out of court for just

about your entire bank roll????? It doesn't make any sense at all to settle

for that type of money unless he was G.U.I.L.T.Y(period)

[edit on 26-6-2009 by NoJoker13]

CX

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by CX

I think i'm just fascinated by different peoples emotions, especialy when it's someone they do not know personaly.

Why would you have to know him personally to grieve for him is what I'm asking.
I'd be interested in your opinion.

If someone was there for me when I needed to be cheered up.
Or to have a good cry.
Or be the catalyst to help me through a hard time - or better yet make memories with a good time.
If that someone gave me joy, personal joy.
Why would I have to *know* them.
How would *knowing* make the difference with the grief process when they passed on?

Let's say a co-worker you said hi to every day passing in the hall and knocked a few back with at the company Christmas party kealed over of a heart attack. Would the grief be any more, or less more poignant because you *knew him* than Michael Jackson who was with you for so many memories? A guy who’s name you knew, maybe knew a little about his life *for real* of someone who gave you joy?

I'm not trying to be hokey here, I'm really curious, as, this happens so often (I'm sorry to say) when celebrities pass.

Like Lady Diana.
People were CRUSHED - but - I'm sorry to say I didn’t find her passing as something to grieve over, because she was not *in my life* - whereas Michael Jackson was.

Again, not throwing stones and I appreciate your response.
Nice to talk to someone who doesn't have to get dirty about it if you don't agree.

I see your point. I think it's just me. I view the passing of MJ as upsetting as Diana....whilst they did a lot for their individual fields, when i heard the news it was just a "Wow, that was unexpected" from me. Thats despite the fact that i met Diana in Germany and she was one of the nicest people you could wish to meet.

There have been a few people i know well in my village die recently, but although i knew them for years and drank with them now and again, when they passed it was a brief, "Whoa! Didn't see that one coming!". Then back home for a cuppa.

So my emotions, whilst not non-existant for other things in life, are few and far between when it comes to death.

I haven't got a clue why that is. Maybe it's my forces history? Spent from the very start of it attending to deaths whether in combat role or peace time. You kind of get desensitized....well i have anyway. I found that anger and frustration went with the death of a mate in the army rather than sadness, but maybe that was due to the nature of the death?

So for me, i think to need to "grieve" in the sense that i know it, it would have to be the passing of someone closest to me, ie a family member.

I know that probably sounds weird to those here who are spilling tears over a pop star, but thats just the way it is for me. I have fave music stars too, i just know it will not lose me an ounce of sleep if one of them passed away.

Callous? Maybe...but nothing is meant by it.

Like i said though, i appreciate through this thread that some are obviously pretty gutted by it, so it's not for me to pass judgement on how people should deal with it.....even if i do find it a bit odd.

I appreciate the reply though Silo, like you say, the place doesn't have to turn to a hive of insults just because people disagree.

CX.

[edit on 26/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by New Lanark Boy
30 pages of utter crud.

Wish I'd never started this thread ; the hysteria is ridiculous.

If you are so unhappy with the thread ask a moderator to close it for you, it isn't that difficult.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Reading

Originally posted by Liamoville
A true legend. R.I.P Michael.

Cannot believe some people still believe hes a paedophile.

I cant believe people think he is not.

What make's more sense some wacked out performer that has a peter pan personality problems who didnt want to grow old that basicly built his own kiddy theme park and enjoyed the company of kids (not his) being a peadophile

OR

A mother convincing her child to falsely accuse MJ or being a nonce? and claiming money for it? i am a parent myself and the thought of asking my child to do that just dont compute?

Lets face it though, there are probably more whacked out parents out there than celebs. I can totaly see some parents doing this if it meant they get $20,000,000 from it. Some people have no morals at all.

I'm on the fence as far as what he did with kids. he wasn't convicted so we'll have to leave it at that, then again if you are of sound mind you do not invite kids to your house and sleep with them...period!

That said, why do you give $20,000,000 to someone you did nothing to?

If you look at his life and people around him though, i can understand why he'd prefer the company of kids though. Kids are pretty much genuine at the end of the day, adults are not.

I don't think he'd have physicaly made it through a tour, wouldn't suprise me if he was very much persuaded by many that wanted to make a bit of cash from it.

CX.

[edit on 26/6/09 by CX]

That is the big reason he was doing the tour, for the cash. His bankroll was getting low. And I am sure he wanted to leave a nice inheritance for his children,.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Ahahaha! Probably the dumbest point ever.

If you have an ounce of a brain, you'd know nothing sells continously. But only the Beatles sold more records than MJ.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

The picture of him dangling his baby from the window is my evidence to back up his sanity.

So that's why you like Marilyn Manson so much? Because he's "normal".

Apparently to you "hideous" is "sane".

[edit on 6/26/2009 by eldard]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

A lot of modern artists cite MJ's music (particularly Thriller) as a huge influence. But that means nothing if you're into rock music made by depressed white teens.

Hey, punks, a whole bottle of Ambien would do you good.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

And Marilyn Manson's music was good?

The taste people have.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nrky

I don't think I could think of a more ludacris idea then a religion based on the life and teachings of Michael Jackson. Come on we aren't in the Twilight Zone... or at least I think I didn't walk through that door.?.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That means prosecuting/villifying a sinner.

You really have no brain.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Ya and the pop music of this generation is so tastefull, I'm gonna go put on the local pop radio station so I can hear LADY GAGA 500 more times. Don't be ludacris all aspects of music have their ups and downs, unfortunately I'd say Pop music is on a large downfall; Michael was probably the best you'll ever see lyrically. So quit bashing someones music when you clearly no nothing about music at all.

Depressed "White" Teens is a great way to portray "rock" music... O wait that music is classified as EMO or emotional but you probably knew that and you also porbably already knew that you don't have to be white to sing it.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Still b etter looking than that monster Marilyn Monster.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ok, I found my aluminium hat and have it on...

As others have said, what if he isn't dead? Look what happened to his record sales today, the day after. We all know that he has been in severe debt for many years. Estimates now place his estate's debt about $400 million US. What if he just wanted to clean the slate so his children could live their lives without having to worry about his problems. We know that he is/was a man of incredible theatrical talents and easily capable of pulling something like this off. I must admit, however, that he is not very good at disappearing and staying gone for very long. Even when he disappeared in the middle east, he couldn't stay out of the public eye for long.

If he is dead, RIP. If he isn't, I hope his estate can pay off his debts so his kids can have happy lives.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It's sad that this is taking up so many headlines. American soldiers are dying everyday. Children are killed everyday. The whole world is jacked and this will dominate the headlines for a long time.

I won't shed a tear over this one...nor would I ever over a celebrity death. Remember people killing themselves over Kurt Cobain?

Well, no t everyone here is an American (or have a love for that country.) So I won't shed a tear over your troops.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Gotta love how the public works though...

Put him on a pedestal...then tear him down...then mourn his death and talk about how misunderstood and great he was.

In the meantime...thousands of other nameless people have died who, in my eyes, where no less important than this guy.

So why don't you go to each of their funerals, then? No one's stopping y ou.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

Well, if your dad forced you to work and work and work depriving you of your childhood then you'd be a nutjob, too. But I doubt if you'd have the same fortitude to try to carry on for 50 years. You'd probably be in an asylum wetting your pants everyday.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What I find very disturbing about this is the fact that the mainstream medias coverage of this. Lets take CNN.com for example...I just left there and every single tab I clicked from business,politics,international to travel...had MJ as their main story line or was on the front page of that section of CNN. What on earth does MJ's death have to do with business??? Yes oh it's sad he died

and I am being nice about that considering his affinity for young children.....ped...cough..ofile.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join