It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry wishes Sarah Palin had gone missing...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
The thing that keeps me scratching my head is why do the Democrats in (total) power feel the need to keep bringing her up and making jabs at her? Are they really that afraid of her?

They hate what she stands for.

Palin is the most popular Republican

blogs.dailymail.com...

I'll take her over Obama anyday.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Real women don't spend nearly as much on wardrobe as she did, and real women pay more attention to their children than their careers.

Alaska is actually a luxurious place to live. If she was intense, she'd go work in Ghana or something.

She is a babe. That's why Right-Wingers love her. Stick her in a bikini and give her a gun, go ahead.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Her wardrobe prior to being thrust into the national spotlight was actually quite conservative. They don't have Nagrani lines in or around Anchorage, they don't have a whole lot of Gucci, Anna Sui, Versace, Prada, Armani and so on.

Mostly a lot of North Face fashion. It's all about function up there. Practical function.

And my own mother was the most caring, prudent, overwatching woman one would ever care to meet, and yet I managed to pull more crap without her knowing than I care to admit.

As a parent, I know that you can do the best you can, and sometimes, things will still fall through the crack. The best of families have occasional missteps.

I wish I knew you. It must be a perfect existence. You are fortunate.

The bulk of us live in the real world where we and even our children often make mistakes.

My best to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hello!!!! It's a damn joke. When did everyone get so thin skinned that you can't take a joke anymore? It was a pretty tame joke at that. People really need to lighten up. Life's too short to sweat non-issues.

Edit: To add:

C'mon people.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
John Kerry is inconsequential.

He's an anachronism.

He's a political joke in a state full of political jokes.

John Kerry is a nobody who only gains attention by putting his foot in his mouth.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Real women don't spend nearly as much on wardrobe as she did, and real women pay more attention to their children than their careers.

Alaska is actually a luxurious place to live. If she was intense, she'd go work in Ghana or something.

She is a babe. That's why Right-Wingers love her. Stick her in a bikini and give her a gun, go ahead.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Really? Can you back this up with any sources, or is it just opinion.

Because I am a real woman and to be honest, I am not ashamed of the labels I buy and wear. It really sounds like jealousy when women bash other women for what they wear and where they shop

And real woman pay attention to their kids and have careers - just as much as stay at home moms do. Your judgement of her motherhood is soley opinion and not based on fact at all. Which is fine. Opinions are fine
But you must know, since you are getting older - there is NO perfect mother. And as a mother myself - I see Palin as doing just fine. Better than most other mothers I see out there.

Have you lived in Alaska?
There is NOTHING luxurious about Alaska-
I even have been to the town she lives in. NOT luxurious.

Why are you trashing her like this? Shes "a babe...put her in a bikini and give her a gun"? That is rather tacky comment coming from another woman. I actually think she is much more becoming than the current 1st lady.

*shrug*

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My first day in Alaska, my First Shirt suggested I go into town and have a look around, because at 4:00 AM I would be in formation for PT. (One hour PT, followed by an eight mile run!)

I walked and walked, drank a few beers here and there, and I found myself exhausted. I looked at my watch for the first time, and it was nearly midnight!

I had been going by the Sun!

It was a hard, beautiful country I loved, and the people are capable, down to earth, practical, friendly, neighborly, and tough.

So, what kind of person does it take to be a Governor there?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

How about quit having to have a label?

That statement just made me laugh hysterically. Biden probably would've said it funnier though. ROFL

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
John Kerry (he served in Vietnam you know) is just jealous because he knows if he went missing that nobody would care.

With Mark Sanford out of the running for 2012, Sarah Palin gets bumped up a notch and the left knows it. Look for more personnal attacks soon.

Nothing scares Democrats more than a strong conservative woman or minority.

ATS points 52419

[edit on 25-6-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You just watch. She'll be more prepared for the dumbass questions the press will ask and it's funny how Obama was never asked a tough question.

She's be a regular bobcat.

I remember Reagan didn't do very well in his early attempts either, but he knew what he stood for, and Palin does too.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Real women don't spend nearly as much on wardrobe as she did, and real women pay more attention to their children than their career

Like Michelle Obama feeding the homeless in her $500 sneakers, lol. Maybe with all the spare time on her hands, she should yank her daughters out of private school and teach them herself in the White House. Assuming you were a woman, I would find it hard to believe you feel that women should exclude themselves for having a career. Assuming you were a man, I would find it hard to believe that a woman is better served raising your children than you. If you don't like Palin, than right on. You don't need a justified reason to dislike someone, it is your right to choose who you like and don't like.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33 and greeneyedleo

I think you two have hit it on the head why they don't like Palin, She's a successful women who has a career and a family and has managed to balance both. For some reason, the Left doesn't seem to want to embrace her for that, she must be stealing their thunder. Well at least they have Nancy Pelosi. LOL.

She's not perfect and didn't really have to hang on the coattails of the the establishment (male dominated society) to get where she is. Probably another reason they don't like her.

Bashing her for being a women isn't going to get the Dems scoring any points with many Americans.

Attack a person for good reasons, not "Look at what she's wearing" tripe.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The dems are already panicking! Get ready for a nonstop barrage against Palin.
The DNC smear machine will be working overtime on her. Obama is from Chicago, home of dirty politics.

This bit by Kerry is nothing.

Does remind me of a joke. . . .

If there was a former football star that had to go nuts and kill his wife, why couldn't it have been Frank Gifford?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't mind it, it wasn't too tactful, but I don't care for her either. Sara Palin is the biggest joke in politics. And it's not like Republicans never try to smear political opponents. It's just another day in politics, get used to it or get out.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Odd. I think the biggest joke in politics is Obama.

A pretender of the highest order. A series of one disastrous decision after another.

At this very moment, if Obama stood toe to toe with Palin over what has happened in the past six months, she'd make him look like the empty suit he is.

He can't even explain his own decisions.

Just let her get to picking through his (fill in the blank.)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Odd. I think the biggest joke in politics is Obama.

You do realize that you just proved my point didn't you?

Not that it matters, it seems the Republican party is going to shambles with recent events. I'm enjoying it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't mind it, it wasn't too tactful, but I don't care for her either. Sara Palin is the biggest joke in politics. And it's not like Republicans never try to smear political opponents. It's just another day in politics, get used to it or get out.

Really? Biggest joke? Well, I think Biden and his automatic mouth might have that title.

And Obama? Well, the way he's screwing up the country, it would be a joke if it wasn't on us.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Not that it matters, it seems the Republican party is going to shambles with recent events. I'm enjoying it.

Of course. A Republican breaks wind in church and it's non-stop coverage. Do you honestly think that anyone that's in the Party of Stalin...I mean, Obama, would get coverage like that?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by winotka
reply to post by jd140

How about quit having to have a label?

That statement just made me laugh hysterically. Biden probably would've said it funnier though. ROFL

No clue what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

real women pay more attention to their children than their careers.
I thought Women's Lib did away with those draconian stereotypes back in the stone age

Don't let a liberal hear you say that!

[edit on 26-6-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join