It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFO Sightings During the Movie "Rio Grande"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would like to report two UFO sightings in the movies "Rio grande"

---------------------------------------------------------
First UFO sighting in the movie "Rio grande":

where you can see more spheres or "Foo Fighters" flying in the landscape behind the movie set as I have represented in the pictures "1" and "2", adding that according to some sources in the network landscape is real and not fake.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the next scene, I managed to locate an object not identified that is a UFO that rotates on its axis so as I represented in the pictures "3", "4" and "6" while the axis of rotation is represented in the picture "5", the movies of this sighting are:

Second UFO sighting in the movie "Rio Grande":

Second UFO sighting in the movie "Rio Grande" (video analysis) :

--------------------------------------------------------

the images are:

----------------------------------------------------

what do you think about?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Mario Maisto]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I find the first video interesting because of the way it travels. The others I'm not too sure of. The second could just be birds.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
These have been discussed a lot in the past,
I`m sure if you use the search facility you will find
the original threads,and save yourself a load of work!
No offense intended!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

ok...i knew about the first sighting but i have wanted to open a new thread to introduce the second UFO sighting during the relative movie.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The first scene appears to be shot on a studio soundstage. That would pretty well rule out a ufo. What's there looks like cgi to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
The first scene appears to be shot on a studio soundstage. That would pretty well rule out a ufo. What's there looks like cgi to me.

Rio Grande was filmed in 1950. Rules out CGI at least.

Edit: Unless the above poster is asserting that these images weren't in the original film. I haven't seen the original to be sure myself, and probably won't rent it for verification, either. Not too exciting IMHO.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Elepheagle]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was about to come busting in and say that it looks like a painted backdrop with light reflecting on it. But I did a very little ammount of digging and found that the film was shot outdoors.

Rio Bravo was filmed in Old Tucson, the same Arizona movie set where Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957) was filmed. Cinematographer Russell Harlan modeled the look of the film on the frontier paintings of Charles M. Russell. Filming outdoors was often a chore due to the 120-degree heat and an invasion of grasshoppers that fried on the hot lights and littered the sets.

www.tcm.com...

Could well be a UFO. Looks like a point of light (I'm refering to the first one)

Second one, the object in question is low, and those cliff faces look fairly close to where they're standing. So I'm going to go for a bird or large insect.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Oh you can cgi up old film, no doubt about it.

Remember this scene? . . .

It's actually much easier to do in B&W because you don't need to get the color information right for a good match.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by fls13]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by fls13]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

if the first video was modified, why the creator of this modify has put some spheres and not a well known flying saucer?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mario Maisto
reply to post by fls13

if the first video was modified, why the creator of this modify has put some spheres and not a well known flying saucer?

You'll have to ask the person who did it, if that's what happened. I know my CGI and am expressing a professional opinion. I'll make it a point to watch and record Rio Grande, which I've never seen, next time its' played on TCM. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

ok....thanks however for replying me.....i will be happy to have a your response.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mario Maisto

Sure thing, Mario. Another thing I noticed while watching but didn't mention. Look at the shadows in the scene. There is more than one light source.

At the very beginning of the scene when the one soldier crosses in front of the woman you can see his shadow cross her as well which means there is a light near the camera.

But also, look at the tree shadow against the tent which shows there is another light source coming from above and the right. Now they could have shot this scene outdoors and used an artificial fill light near the camera, but it does not look to me to be the case.

No question, the moving object to the upper left is curious.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of an idea I had once about invisible UFOs--namely, what if they were invisible to the human eye (for whatever reason) but one day something happens to make them visible...and all of a sudden, they show up in the skies of old movies/tv shows shot outdoors. Imagine watching a movie you've seen a million times before, but all of a sudden, there are UFOs buzzing around the skies, clear as you please.

I hope this hasn't been too off topic, but I find the idea of accidentally catching UFOs in the backgrounds of old movies very creepy for some reason. Kind of like the old urban legend of the hanging munchkin in "The Wizard of Oz"--something that's been there all this time, but no one's ever noticed it until now.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

good work!...really interesting analysis....and what do you tink about the second video?many say that the relative object is a bird but watch better the pictures "4","5" and "6", the object turns on itself, are you agree with me?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The objects in the first clip are really there. My Dad is a huge fan of John Wayne and has all of his movies. I've sat through this one a few times, and they are there. What they are, is anyone's guess. But it's not CGI. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I'm still thinking it is. Old films are often digitally reprocessed and cleaned up. Even with these objects showing up in the commercially distributed versions, it may have been a prankster involved in that clean up process.

I'm still looking the clip over, and I am convinced this scene was shot on a soundstage. Look at the 23 second mark and you see a head shadow on the woman's left shoulder, which would put yet another light source above and to the left of the scene. So that's a third light source in the scene and I think it virtually rules out the possibility this scene was shot outdoors with the aid of artificial fill lights.

I promise you I will give it several good long looks.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by fls13]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

ok!.....i will wait.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Hey Mario, can't tell what that is. Looks way too fast for a bird. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you. It's definitely shot outside though.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

thanks again for replying me......it is clear as you said that the object shoots very quickly....but watching the position of the object in the pictures "4" and "6" did you notice that the object could turn on the red rotational axis represented in the picture "5"?.....and the object has also a strange shape.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Mario Maisto]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It looks very similar to what's in the first clip, something I didn't mention before. I think maybe there's some pranking going on. I can't imagine it's some sort of reflection or lens effect. Notice both clips it starts on the left and moves right. Coincidence? It's curious no doubt. I'd find it a lot more compelling if I wasn't convinced the first scene was shot indoors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join