It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

www.wnd.com

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Very interesting that they would finally show the world that the Ark of the Covenant truly exist during these times. I have seen where religions around the world are preaching the end of times, that they are trying to rebuild the Jewish Temple, etc., etc., and now all the sudden after thousands of years, they are going to unveil the Ark of the Covenant.

This is something I will be keeping my eye on. I wonder if the ten commandments are still stored in it?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Two interesting quotes in this article:

"Ethiopians believe it is destined to be delivered to the Messiah when He reigns on Mount Zion – the Temple Mount in Jerusalem."

"Muslim scholars say it will be found near the end of times by the Mahdi – a messianic figure in Islam."

Is this why they are unveiling it? Are we truly at the end of times?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

The Jehovah's seem to think so. They have been canvassing our streets over the last couple of months handing out there new end of the world literature.

There was just a thread on the topic of the literature the other day.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

Isn't that a mask form Dogon tribe you have as your avatar

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cue the face melting.... Now.

Second line is a tribute to religious zealots who can't wait for the world to end.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

i dont know why they bother, God's only gonna save about 150,000 souls in the rapture anyway. Why they keep trying to recruit extra members dont really make sense. I like to point this out when they come knocking

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Didn't the Vatican arrange a meeting with whoever oversees the Ark of the Covenant?

I didn't think they were too happy with this and called for a meeting with the carer to 'discuss' some matters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets swept under the rug.

Edit... oh on Friday... Well, tomorrow in this part of the world it will be Friday... I guess.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The church in ethiopia that has claimed to have it before just always takes it out under a cloth every few years. Are they going to actually show it or just a lumpy thing under wraps again?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens on Friday. I wonder who can lay claim to the Ark as the rightful owner?

[edit on 25/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Don't any of you think that Israel would have already stolen the Ark if it truly existed in Ethiopia?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Ethiopians? Finders - keepers. However for some reason i doubt they would let scientist do all those unholy tests and such. However Ethiopian tourism would get much more revinue. And why not?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is so exciting! Woooo! I can't wait until Friday, this is the best graduation present EVER!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wonder why the MSM isn't convering this. Probably because it isn't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ethiopia has always claimed to hold the Ark... however, exposing it would violate the trust placed upon them and there is no doubt that such an act would be opposed... if not blocked altogether.

The Ark is a treasure that assures the Hebrews their history and future. It contradicts the efforts of much of the Muslim world, not to mention the new age anti-semites who hide under the sheep's cloak of anti-zionism.

I should think that the sudden arrival of this item from any place except Israel, to be subject to more questions and doubt than a UFO popping in for a burger at the local McDonald's.

It was and would be a weapon that... when properly directed, would lay waste to an enemy. Not in terms of an atom bomb... but it is, after all, the handywork of God. Not to be taken lightly and certainly not to be misapplied.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
I wonder why the MSM isn't convering this. Probably because it isn't going to happen.

it's worldnetdaily, that's why.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
have they finally found that piece of extra terrestial alien technology.. now the space craft they used to transport 2 of every species to this planet .

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If this is real...its an amazing spot of timing in our world. If this is real then you will see Israel rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, youll see a battle over control of the region and if the Bible is right, Israel will win. Then we'll see the one who the Bible calls the anti-christ come to power and he'll some how broker peace with Israel and their enemies. All this is soon coming if this is all real that is.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals

127 people have died from H1N1 in the United States and most of them in the past four weeks. In a recent report from the CDC, they expect up to 450,000 people to die.

If the MSM won't cover that, they won't cover anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Israeli National News Service is announcing the disclosure as well now. It seems to give a little bit more legitimacy to the whole story. Heres the link.
www.israelnationalnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join