It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I do hope this is true and I do feel it is. I know I, for one, have been begging for God to remind the world that his is no fairy tale.

Our world does need a reminder after the pummeling the anti religious movement has awarded to the theologians. I found my own faith tested more in the past decade than ever. I was without faith for a few years.

I'm glad I did de-weed my garden as the anti movement worked hard to sell their ideas which I even subscribed to for a time. It was that sales pressure that reaffirmed my belief, along with several personal miracles. After all, what were they to gain other than more unbelievers. A support group to reaffirm their lack of moral code and feel righteous about their obvious misdeeds and unlimited freedom at the cost of others.

I do hope this story is right and I do hope there are people willing to sacrifice and demonstrate the deadly effect of contact with the arc for the world to see. Need volunteers? I would be glad to offer a demonstration.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath. Anything that is put out by world nut daily should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Seems even discussion boards are burying this one. Strange. In any event there's the very real possibility that regardless if this turns out to be real or not, there's way too much potential for global madness as a result. I suspect a lid goes on this pronto, the Ethiopian elder has an unfortunate accident, and you won't find any of this by Googling it in about a week. It will have never happened because no country can afford for it to even be brought out in public view. It's real? Mass hysteria. It's a fake? Millions will not believe the conclusion and rioting large scale. No win for any organization trying to maintain order.

But then, that's what was expected with this all along wasn't it? A bit of a sticky wicket. Suppress it and risk getting slammed by believers as well as a higher power. Put a spotlight on it and lose control of those billion or so that subscribe to 3 religions. Bummer.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

This is incredible!!! But why now? After all this time. Very interesting

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AirColorado

Are they burying it or is there really nothing more to add? It seems more like a wait and see sort of thing. If they're going to put this ark in a museum, it seems sort of anti-climactic to me. I mean, people have all been under the impression you'd go blind for looking at this thing or you weren't allowed to go near it if you weren't a Levite. Now anybody's going to be able to take a look at this thing? How do we know it's the real deal unless it kills people?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
These are the end times... this is obvious from teachings of both the mystery schools, and cutting edge science...

The singularity is comming, how are you preparing?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Exactly. But the man who brokers the deal to rebuild the temple is in fact the antichrist. The end of days could be ushered in starting tomorrow. If this is genuine it will be the biggest news event in nearly 2000 years. Hence it won't be covered by any of the major media, just like the last big event

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Isn't it "Arc of the Covenant"?
And "Noah's Ark"?...........

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mytquin

They're both Ark according to my KJV bible, alhough I've seen others spell ark of the covenant both ways.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ark is a container.

Arc is a shape.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How hard would it be to steal the Ark? We know where it is, inside a church surrounded by a 2 meter high steel fence in a small town. For a group of professional thieves jumping over the fence and sneaking past the blind protector shouldn't be hard at all! Why doesn't anyone steal it? There are other items that are kept in underground bases with bullet proof glass, meter thick doors and security 24/7. Yet they arn't as important as the Ark.

Hmmm..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Uh oh...when they opened that thing in Raiders of the Lost Arc...poop hit the fan...so Look Out!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I always had the feeling it was "arc" as in electricity.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tim1989

Apparently very hard, there are stories (even in the Bible) of people trying to steal the ark and being burned alive. It described mutations and things that are similar to what happens when exposed to radiation. There's a lot of mystery surrounding the ark but if tomorrow is the day it is to be revealed (the real one and not a replica) then I will rejoice. If not then eh, was kinda looking for something else anyway
. I think it only excites me so much because I would love to study it, to be allowed to test it in person... that would be awesome, but I'd also accept just a picture of the real one. Lol.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Let me make 2 predictions here ..... NO disclosure happens at all ... disclosure happens but NOT the Ark described in the bible.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

At least 90% of the stuff reported at ATS that is supposed to happen never does. SO..... I'm betting that the Arc of the Covenant will not be shown to the world any time soon as it DOESN'T EXIST and never did....

Read The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur [author's web page]

This one sentence at the site says it all "...This is Harpur's most radical and groundbreaking work to date, in which he digs deep into the origins of Christianity and how the early Christian church covered up all attempts to reveal the Bible as myth..." (emphasis mine)

Harpur is one of Canada's most respected and well-known Christian thinkers. He's a former Anglican priest, and he was a professor of the New Testament at the University of Toronto from 1964 to 1971. A Rhodes Scholar, he's done post-graduate work in the early Fathers of the Church at Oxford under some of the world's foremost academics.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Two things.

Firstly, how do we know this isn't some 'grand' scheme to get publicity?

Secondly, how does this change anything?

And just for kicks: Woop-de-do! Who cares? If god starts talking through the darn thing, and the religious nutters actually let scientists examine it, and they can't explain it, then maybe there would be something to all the hype. Hell, if that happened I might have to convert to Judaism.

Chrono

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well for one I am hoping the Ark will be unveiled, not because I'm a religious radical that wants the world to end, but because if it is the real one it is such a significant part of history. Yes I said it, history! If this is the true Ark it will give archaeologists and religious scholars a glimpse into what these early Jews experienced and the mysteries of the Ten Commandments, Manna, and Aaron's Staff. If the end of the world comes, so be it, nothing but us humans can stop that, but at least I will have witnessed something I thought I would never see in my life. I will keep my fingers crossed, I'm about 65% sure it will happen.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well I guess we'll know a little after 8am New York time on June 26, this will be exciting if it's the real deal. Who could watch the movie "Raiders of the lost Ark" and not be intrigued by this legendary artifact? Just don't look at it when they open it up, I don't know if those death rays can come through your TV set or not LOL.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hi! first post here...

This is either AMAZING or an elaborate fraud.

I hear this and I think Project Blue Beam, heard of it?
I mean they made a copies of it as a means of protection, there is one in every church in ethiopia. How hard could it be to forge something which could be considered legit.

Hopefully it is the real deal though.

I wouldn't be suprised if there are tablets inside which "proove' that current religions have been misinterpreted as a means of making a unified religioin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join