It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Van Impe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Okay so last night I stayed up a little late
I watched Jack Van Impe

and oh my gawwdddddddddd

this show is HORRIBLE and shouldn't be on the air anymore
And I thought the O'reilly show was bad

these people on the show, a man and a very scary crazy looking woman, are creating christian extremists imo

This guy is completely racist and so is the scary woman
they are very much against peace
and very pro-war

they also keep quoting the bible as if it's a concrete source of reference or as a guide to help decipher current events

my jaw was dropped during the entire show thinking how stupid these people are and how this should not at all be on air

though this guy hates the middle east, he himself is a religious extremist

this guy NEEDS to get off the air, and he seems to have a following

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yeah good one.....censor, silence and get rid of anything you don't like.

I don't watch the show regularly but I have seen it once or twice and you are very intolerant of other peoples views.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
well if its religious based theres no way to get it off the air. anything you do to fight it will only be a sure sign of the shows effectiveness because satan is sending minions blah blah blah to stop them. s per the usual extremist type deal.

but i dont know, ive never seen it. i cant judge it

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

your right
I apologize for not liking extremism

thanks for the wisdom!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by WhatTheory

your right

thanks for the wisdom!

extremism to you, yummy chocolate pudding to me, where do u draw the line? maybe ban his books at the library too? I'd have to say the torah, bible , and koran have created more extremists than that nut job and his wife.
I sometimes watch it for a good laugh, He's been predicting "the end" forever now LOL. .................mmmmm chocloate pudding BRB!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

your right

thanks for the wisdom!

Nobody is asking (or expecting) you to *like* Jack Van Impe...or to agree with his views. I'm not overly fond of the man, and I'm a politically conservative Baptist...supposedly near the dead center of his target demographic.

The problem with your position (that he should not be allowed on the air) is two-fold. First, your accusations of racism and other assorted transgressions aren't supported with evidence. You really ought to provide at least some, for those who haven't experienced JVI first hand. Second, the idea that someone should be denied access to the public airwaves simply because you find what he or she says to be personally offensive. That's a First Amendment issue. If he's advocating anything illegal, then you might have a case...but if you want him silenced just because you don't like him, I'd suggest you look into the history of the phrase "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest" to see why your idea isn't the best...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Good ol' Jack Vanimpe is a guilty pleasure of mine.
He, along with that trainwreck of a plastic surgery overdosing wife are
just what the Dr. ordered when I need to be reminded of how sane and normal I am.

Don't get your panties in a bunch though.
All the show is (as with ANY Tele-Evangelist show) is a cleverly crafted info-mercial trying to con little ol' blue haired ladies out of their social security checks. Trying to get people to send in their "prayerful gift" so that they can spread the word of ME to those poor starving children in third world countries that have no clue we are living in the "End Times".

You have to watch it from a different perspective...like you were watching
Nascar. We don't watch Nascar because we like watching cars take left hand turns all day. We want to see someone crash and burn. Ok, actually I loathe Nascar...Bad example.

Anyway, They are a hoot. I watch it mainly for that dirty little prostitute "Rexella".She gets me hot and botheed everytime.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Was last night your first time watching the show?

I'm asking because I've seen that show many times and what you said about the show only seems to be half right from what I've seen. Also in case you don't know, some of the topics that have been discussed on the Jack Van Impe have been discussed on ATS.

So the show is not that bad once you tune out the regilous parts. The show is not going off the air anytime soon, so if you don't like the show then don't watch it.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hmmmm

In the interest of fairness . . .

What has been the history of propagandizing with you vis a vis religion and particularly Christianity?

What were your childhood and particularly teen experiences of Christianity?

What are the sources of your biases about Christianity?

What is the nature of your biases about Christianity?

Would you be as rabidly hostile regarding a speaker of similar ilk in behalf of Islam or Hinduism?

Have you considered all the implications of a world made in your image?

How well do you handle boundaries, limits on your choices and behaviors?

How well do you handle anger?

= = = = = =

The Van Impe's are not my favorites. The come across wound a bit too tight for my comfort. However, Scripture does say WHATSOEVER YOU DO, DO WHOLEHEARTEDLY AS UNTO THE LORD. I think they follow that Scripture very well. More power to them for that.

However, they are earnest. They research well--above average. They have some good connections. They are normally pretty accurate in alerting folks to news with a Biblical prophetic connection.

They are doing a great service of trying to wake folks up about this era being the END TIMES era.

There will be people in Heaven vs hell because of their ministry. God bless them for that. I'm sure He will.

= = = = =

BTW, If you are really that desperate for things to be outraged about . . . OThuga is diligently traitorously RUSHING about destroying the USA and the world economy as the stooge of the globalists . . . now THAT'S worth getting outraged over.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus H Christ

I can barely stand to watch it, but you are correct. Whenever I do sit through a few minutes, it reminds me how sane I am, and how crazy religions in general are! I don't think anything should be censored, but maybe it should have one of those "Paid Advertisement" logos or something identifying it as the BS that it is!

Anyway, They are a hoot. I watch it mainly for that dirty little prostitute "Rexella".She gets me hot and botheed everytime.

I haven't seen Rexella, maybe I will start to watch it more. They have to do something to offset that crazy skeleton lady. She gives me nightmares! She reminds me of the movie "Holy Man" when he hooks up all the electric probes to the lady's face and cranks it up!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In the late 80s I my mom watched Jack n Rex and I was always fascinated by the scriptures he quoted so fast they rolled off his tongue. In hindsight he was more than likely reading a teleprompter but anyhoo Jack said Bush Sr WOULD win POTUS again and after that the anti-jesus would take POTUS. When Clinton won I stopped watching. Pat Robertson of 700 Club has made predictions that he missed by a Martian mile. I do not believe televangelists are really doing what Jesus wants. Seems to me it makes a lot of "lazy christians" instead of christians who should be on the move spreading the gospel. Instead the just help spread your everyday gossip according to [insert any televangilists name here] but thats my opinion and should not influence how anyone chooses to learn the gossip i mean gospel.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It seems to me they are more about promoting their videos and books for money of course. I did watch it a few times and enjoyed the way they tried to lead people to Jesus. The other stuff is the same thing you see all the televangelists do.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

your right

Of course I am. Was that ever in doubt?

There is a difference between not liking something and wanting to silence something because you disagree with it.

Using your flawed logic, I guess Obama should be removed because I find most of his views very extreme and dangerous. It's all subjective and relative.

thanks for the wisdom!

Anytime! I have lots more so let me know when you need a dose.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The crazy Skeleton lady IS Rexella.
I feels sorry for her in the same way I feel sorry for Michael/Michelle Jackson.

Somewhere in their thinking is.." A little bit is good so allot MUST be......."

Anywho, at this point I think she may be a cyborg or a genetically altered Grey who answers directly to the supreme ruler of the reptilians. Seriously, can we get her DNA tested?

Now, about Jacky boy.
He is nuttier than squirrel $**T and couldn't find his @$$ with both hands.

All of these "televangelists" are in it for one thing $$$$$$$$$$$.

I live close to Joyce Meyers and WOW!!!! You should see the spread that lady has.Something tells me that Good ol' Jesus wouldn't be living that way if he were here among us.

The day religion stops getting tax exemption status is the day ALL of these pieces of excrement disappear!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I can't believe this show. I sat through about a half hour the other night. The entire bit that I watched was war propaganda. Jack Van Impe is a coward who is trying to teach Christian Americans that war with Iran is necessary and that people should sacrifice their lives because it was written in "scripture".

If there was a war, would he fight? No. He is a coward and it's all a scam so that he can make money.

His wife is going to give me nightmares.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Are you tolerant of Al Qaeda? Are you tolerant of Jews killing Palestinians? Religious extremism is all the same.

This guy is trying to convince Christian Americans that going to war with Iran is necessary and that it is right to put their lives on their line in the "Name of the Lord".

It's not being intolerant. It's Denying Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus H Christ
Good ol' Jack Vanimpe is a guilty pleasure of mine.
He, along with that trainwreck of a plastic surgery overdosing wife are
just what the Dr. ordered when I need to be reminded of how sane and normal I am.

Is that the couple where the lady has pink hair?

LOL, if it is, my husband who is a huge insomniac, used to wake me up in the middle of the night listening to that show. I'd have to get out of bed and sit there and watch it with him.

He took the show very seriously, and loved it. So I'm glad you mentioned this attitude about it, because that is what I had to do, to deal with it!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
late night insomnia sleeper shows is all they are, not to be taking for granted nor for fact, but if you are in to them, then so be it, just to do not put me down when i laugh at them shows, they do make you run and grab the good book to see if he did get it right , might take a few to find the right book.

top topics

join