It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Baffled, Intrigued by Girl Who Doesn't Age

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by danishD
reply to post by reject

okey then if a adult had a sexual relasionship with her when she turn 18 by the way, would that be legal? i just see some peophiles getting some hards by looking at her..

Oh dear god I did not need that visual.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by danishD
reply to post by Djdoubt03

no im serious, could some 60 year old dude getting away with having sex with her? and just getting called in for rape?

If she is not mentally capable of making the decision to have sex it doesn't matter what age she is... legally it's rape.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
shes Haruka, the Dragon Torque from Noein

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
She 'ages' in the sense that she's 16 years old, she just hasn't developed past what you would see in a toddler.

I think she will die -- probably sooner than any of us, sadly. The body still goes through wear and tear, and since the article mentions nothing about the ability to regenerate itself, this is just another case of evolution at work.

Looks like a new, but unadvantageous, mutation that will soon be weeded out of the gene pool. Mother Nature is merciless, isn't she?
There is so much wrong with this that it is mind bottling.
Just for STARTERS your body doesnt die with the same cells it was born with. It dies with many times removed copies of cells, there are exceptions to this rule but it is true for the vast majority of the body. I wont even begin to try to explain it, I am waisting my breath anyway, lets just say it is literally shocking to me that you can be so wrong and get so many stars!

You may be right in the end, but you are still so wrong.

The body still goes through wear and tear, and since the article mentions nothing about the ability to regenerate itself
If she werent "regenerrating herself" she would be dead by day 7 of her life. We all do that, what seems to be amazing is that she keeps "regenerating herself" with cells that have not aged at all.

Why do you think we look so much different at 80 than 8? Has nothing to do with "wear and tear" really it is the body has made so many copies of that first cell the copies are distorted and messed up. If the heart and brain could "regenerate themselves" you could probably add a few decades to our life expectancy.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I dont think this could be progeria, that makes you look older. Whats the name of that disease Andy Milonakis has?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The 16 year old is kept alive by science not nature. Somewhere in the article I read that her esophagus is to constricted, she can't eat. She eats via assistance from a feeding tube. 100 years ago, she would be dead.

When I was 24 years old, I took care of a 24 year old who looked like a toddler. She had been given a adult dose of analgesia and should have died. Instead she thrived, She also had a feeding tube, made her wants known via toddler talk, and enjoyed simple things like music.

Her maturation rate was stopped due to brain damage. She died at age 26 from mulltiple organ failure. I have seen various other cases like hers. Its uncommon, but not rare.

She is not the fountain of youth, instead she was lucky to be born in the century, and had parents that cared. Usually cases like this with a "failure to thrive" are usually allowed to die naturally. Instead her parents are enlightened and allowed her to live her life to its fullest potential. I am thankful that she was born into a family that cared, and could afford to take care of her.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

noah comes from the bible...people dont' live to 900 years old.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Not today....

Who knows how old people lived millenia ago

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacevelvet
I dont think this could be progeria, that makes you look older. Whats the name of that disease Andy Milonakis has?

That is correct; This is certainly not Progeria, as Progeria causes the sufferer to age too fast. In this case, it is rather the opposite- extremely slowed down aging, for which there actually exists a hypothetical term: Anageria.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
She's aging. She isn't developing.

Her cells are aging.

She isn't the fountain of youth. She is something startling and interesting. She's still human.

She is probably the main cause of people wanting to tear their eyes out after looking up a story her on google using the term "adult baby" and getting something they never wanted to see.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by makinho21

Not today....

Who knows how old people lived millenia ago

Quite right!

We can't exactly cite historical evidence regarding things that occurred before historical records/documents were kept. Human beings become better at documenting historical events as technology improves. A thousand years ago or earlier, historical records involved things like scrolls, tablets, pyramids, heiroglyphics, paintings, etc.. All objects that can easily be burned or otherwise destroyed over time.

For example, Consider the library of Alexandria.

or the Antikythera mechanism (basically, an analog computer from around 150-100 BC designed to calculate astronomical positions that was discovered by Jacques Cousteau in 1978).

We have no way of knowing how advanced these ancient societies really were. The antikithera mechanism proves they were probably centuries ahead of everyone else as far as understanding the natural world. But nowhere are there records or artifacts telling the history of these people or how advanced they were. All we get to look at are bits and pieces of the puzzle.

If they hadn't all been naturally and/or systematically wiped out, if the library of Alexandria hadn't been burned to the ground, who knows! We might be flying around in hover cars right now and have cures for every disease.

Things like cave paintings and heiroglyphs are alot of times pretty generalized but sometimes involve mystical/spiritual messages that can be difficult to interpret. This makes it difficult to understand whether or not people are referring to things of a spiritual/mythical nature or, say, that people really did live to be 1,000 years old. There just isn't any way to know for sure.

For example, say there is a cave painting of a man and a snake coiled 100 times around him. The snake might represent death, it might represent the obstacles and dangers of the natural world. But it also might mean that the man lived to be a 100 years older than anyone else. Noone would be able to really know.. Everything has to be interpreted as a best guess answer when dealing with such vague ambiguities.

But noone can honestly say "Of coarse you can't live to be 1,000 years old" because even they don't know. It just goes to show that sometimes..A fine line exists between conventional wisdom and the truth.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?? Shes looks old!! And there was a case of another girl who stayed small and didn't grow. This isn't the fountain of youth! She's aging shes just not growing or maturing. Quit the sensationalism!! This is a rare disease, not help for humanity. She has creases on her face for goodness sakes, she looks odd!. Did you see the other mother? She was creeped out!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join