It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Baffled, Intrigued by Girl Who Doesn't Age

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
She couldn't live longer than the rest of us? Wouldn't her heart eventually wear out, along with other vital organs?

There's some weird stuff in the world... Wow.

I think that depends... if she is in perpetual stem cell development mode, then perhaps not...

Wonder what they are feeding her....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree about having to check her genome but when they do find whatever it is that causes this, can they let me slip some in the wife's coffee?

She already has the mental capacity of a toddler but if they could reverse engineer her body 20 years i would reimburse them handsomely.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
some aspects of the story that I found most interesting.

1. she was sick, very sick, a few times and completely healed. a brain tumor that vanishes? stomach ulcers? something is truly odd with this kid's genetic makeup and unmasking it will lead to...

2. the mention that this could be used, not to prolong life for the sake of living longer, not to allow sick people the chance to live longer so a cure can be found either. No, the use that was mentioned was slowing down the aging process so astronauts can travel great distances. Is it possible this girl is an experiment already? are we, possibly, working on a means of halting the aging process so that we can start moving beyond the moon and putting our space explorers on long trips?

the other thing that has been rasied by a few members and was my immediate concern as well was, what happens if this kid lives longer than her relatives? will she be passed down from generation to generation, needing care and nurturing or will, at some sad point, she become a ward of the laboratory so that she can be studied and monitored 24 hours a day?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Definitely need to chart that girls genome. Could give some light on how to treat debilitating illness that come on the onset of old age.

Interesting condition.

Nah, she is just different, no need to make her do anything. Isn't she adorable?

god she's technically almost as old as me!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I feel bad for Brooke, even if she lives longer, her life will go unfulfilled. It reminds me of the movie "Jack" with Robin Williams, except the opposite...it's truly heart breaking. She may never experience even the most common things like learning to drive or a first kiss

She is a scientific marvel I suppose, but let's not forget she's human and not a lab rat.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMFGitsJack
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, It would be good to not age, but we still need to die, or the world would be worse with alot more overpopulation.

well imagine a world with a relatively small population of immortal people.,, with NO animalistic urge-oriented reproduction.

would we still "need to die" then?

-

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i wonder what mad scientist did this to her and when. I mean has this happened in history before? I would hate it. Not having more than menial experience in constant confusion.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Didn't Gary Coleman have a similar condition??

2nd line

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, golden child?

If she starts picking things up with her mind, then I wanna hear about it. Til then this is just interesting news given out way too late.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I feel bad for Brooke, even if she lives longer, her life will go unfulfilled. It reminds me of the movie "Jack" with Robin Williams, except the opposite...it's truly heart breaking. She may never experience even the most common things like learning to drive or a first kiss

She is a scientific marvel I suppose, but let's not forget she's human and not a lab rat.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by yellowcard]

We don't know that....

She could be aging something 1 year to our 20 or whatever that math works out to be. I could only imagine at that growth rate one day. She being an old lady sitting by the fireside with a grandchild on her knee talking about the olden days.

Really Grandma? They still drove gasoline powered cars way back in 2109?

No Darling I mean 2009!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trunkeight

No. Gary Coleman had a kidney problem.

Before reaching the age of five, Coleman had undergone three operations for a congenital kidney defect known as nephritis. As a result of his medical condition, he would never grow any taller than 4'8".

Source:www.answers.com...

Gary ages just like the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if they've tested blood and transfusion yet..This could lead to the next breakthrough in genetic engineering.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Very interesting, I bet she doesn't live much longer sad but as with most genetic mutations, the survivability rate is low.

[edit on 6/24/09 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I also think of Andy Milonakis, though he is stuck in a 13 year old, not 2 year old's body.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh HER...! Nice to finally efter these years, get an update. Last time it was given attention, it was pulled at ONCE from the Media-soucres soon after, almost in a cover-up manner.
Good to see that she is still alive and havn't been abducted to some lab or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

OK! lol now I know, thanks for the info!

peace.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOmen

kind of like when shes 100 she looks like shes 20 type of things? with the mental capacity of say a teenager. thats crazy stuff. i would like to meet her.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
She 'ages' in the sense that she's 16 years old, she just hasn't developed past what you would see in a toddler.

I think she will die -- probably sooner than any of us, sadly. The body still goes through wear and tear, and since the article mentions nothing about the ability to regenerate itself, this is just another case of evolution at work.

Looks like a new, but unadvantageous, mutation that will soon be weeded out of the gene pool. Mother Nature is merciless, isn't she?

And yet she repeatedly recovers from braintumours and other serious medical conditions?
The "wear and tear" is only applying if she is indeed aging as average Human do- something that she very apparently does not.

If her cells repeatedly rejuvenate, there is nothing that hinders her from living hundreds or thousands and thousands of years, apart from dieing from ordinary accidents.

Makes you think about the Biblical chronologies, doesn't it.

I don't believe at all that her "Condition" "will soon be weeded out"- in fact, I believe it is a very old and recessive heritage that goes far, far back.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dudes!!

If she is 16 but everything else is still 1,2 or3 that means her grey cells in her brain can stay longer than ours!!!

we grow up and our grey cell capacity goes down and the many things we learn like logic language etc come from grey cells. So if she could have plenty of grey cells for year and years and years that means she can become a genuis???!!!

OMG!

maybe she is the new wave of children ? :p who knowns

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join