It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The MASON Checkered Black & White Floor... What does it mean?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

The checkerboard of black and white, is emblematic of our human lives, which are checkered with both good and evil. As the Earth is divided in two halves, one in light, and the other in darkness; So is the body of man...We all have a god or devil within us fighting for control. The one who wins, is the one you give the most control or power to through your actions.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

BayesLike

WhiteAlice
It's all Game Theory.

White Alice, you are certainly consistent across many weeks! Those who do understand game theory do definitely have an edge in life and in all things involving interaction.

Consistent I am indeed. Strategically, that would be a disadvantage because it makes me predictable but sometimes consistency pays off if it gets people to actually look into a subject. The way that I see it thus: I was a child in one of these programs due to my talent in writing. I learned Game Theory within it along with the power of symbolism and archetype. Then, a couple decades later when my son was put into the same program for the very same talent in a different state and I insisted on being allowed access to one of these classes, well, those little third graders were creating games intended to drive players to a desired outcome. Iow, Intro to Game Theory 101 and a little too coincidental to readily dismiss. It wasn't just for future strategists apparently but writers, too. It tilts the odds that some of those writers/filmmakers are going to be sticking chessboards into their work when they are presenting what is basically a game.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
Intro to Game Theory 101 and a little too coincidental to readily dismiss. It wasn't just for future strategists apparently but writers, too. It tilts the odds that some of those writers/filmmakers are going to be sticking chessboards into their work when they are presenting what is basically a game.

WhiteAlice: do not reply to this in the thread.

Archetypes can be introduced in many ways -- but if you want to forever change a parson, it's best to start when they are young and don't know they are experiencing the archetype first hand. Game theory is an entire manner of thinking and behaving -- best experienced when young and in a group of like minded individuals. Your memes which have hardened, they are very difficult to release; all the education in the world cannot undo a meme. It takes substantial personal effort and it is a prolonged effort (possibly lifelong) to replace your default memes.

Anyway, as you can see from several other discussions on here, it is often pointless to attempt to enlighten a person stuck in a meme. I'm reminded of the story of the bum begging on a street corner. A pure capitalist sees a person too lazy or mentally ill to work. A pure communist sees a person so beaten down by the system they cannot function usefully. Both may be correct or neither may be correct -- but they literally see a different person begging on the corner! Possibly the begging bum doesn't even know. In any case, one who is not seeking enlightenment cannot see beyond what one believes is the case and will interpret all evidence as support for their meme or claim some grand exception. Confronted with evidence which cannot be rebutted from within the meme, the tendency is to repeat or exaggerate, dismiss or deny the evidence, and then leave.

Back to the checked floor. I suspect you have some idea of the true power of game theory. Yes, from the point of view of the game you are in, you could have special responsibility in controlling which squares individuals whom you encounter choose to occupy. And yes, they would believe they made their choices freely. The more interesting question to me is: have you really made all your choices freely or are you in a greater game than you have detected? Who controls your steps on the checked floor, is it you? What has happened since your days in the program? Are there any "coincidences" which are too frequent or too rare? Is there a handler or group of "guides" of a consistent nature (teachers, neighbors) which provide exceptional opportunities? Are you truly awake and see the floor before you with all the players and sleepers? Do you move across that checked floor with purposed patterns or randomly?
edit on 17-11-2013 by BayesLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I am going to say sorry beforehand...but...okay...OMG...Just go down to your local masonic lodge ask how to join and find out all you want to know 1st hand...for crying out loud...lmao...do the work, stop being lazy if your that interested then go join...easy peazy...

truly,

shells4u

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

It could also just be a checkered floor. I don't know where you guys got the idea that checkered floors are masonic, but even if they are, I doubt every single checkered floor you see (and I'm sure there are a ton of them) is some masonic symbolism.

The video doesn't work anymore btw.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Have heard that as the masonic aspirant progresses through the degrees, the symbolism itself increases in length,breadth and height (does that sound familiar to anyone? forgive me not to remember the source).

Not a mason personally but have a love of symbolism.

edit on 18-11-2013 by oxford because: comma

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

Yes, Freemasonry is a progressive science taught by degrees. We do use mathematical terms such that.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

So, what we are really learning here is there are no 'static' or 'fixed' answers to the symbolism of the art, the meaning changes relative to our position.

Beliefs limit our perception of reality, and the poster above made some very interesting points regarding memetics, It is like each level teaches us and helps us to build new neural pathways.

Which would make the symbolism itself act as a guide to help us navigate through life's circumstances (a tool if you like), when we are moving outside of our beliefs and in new concepts, so that we can remain balanced. 'Art' is our application.

Also if we are so full of knowledge that in itself gets in the way, like the zen master who keeps pouring tea into the students cup, there is no room for anything else. Reminds me of 'be like Arjuna who is 16 in the Bhagavita, like a child, open to the wonder of the world, without fixed beliefs.

wishing you all a beautiful day x

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oxford

I'd say you are spot on. Symbolism is dynamic to the situation. But if you use a symbol as a tool to help you, then it's meaning at that time is static. It's all relative to the individual. And you have to be wiling to accept that it's meaning will change depending on your life experiences and willingness to embrace them.

That's why I hate when someone tries to pin down the meaning of anything as absolute. Nothing is absolute. (IMHO)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You highlight a good point Sir, that we must be receptive so that our Art can evolve.

Personally am rather fond of absolutes, absolute feels like the gestalt of something when 'it is what it is' rather than 'my belief limited view'.

Would go the other way myself, the game is an absolute however we have the potential/ability to shift within it accessing the different 'levels', the checkerboard is vertical (viewed from a higher vantage point).

Still more important that absolutes and levels and boards and all the rest of it, is to have 'heart' in our Art!

edit on 19-11-2013 by oxford because: added a smile

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oxford

Yes, symbols don't have fixed or singular meanings. Just look at the swastika and its use by both Nazis and Buddhists. Really look at any symbol and you can see it interpreted differently by different groups, cultures, organizations, and individuals depending on their history, their knowledge, and their perspective. You and I could look at the same symbol and come up with two different interpretations or possibly the same. Means of communication (like symbols or written/spoken words) are ambiguous and arbitrary.

Which would make the symbolism itself act as a guide to help us navigate through life's circumstances (a tool if you like), when we are moving outside of our beliefs and in new concepts, so that we can remain balanced. 'Art' is our application.

That's a way to look at it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You'll have to forgive me, not the best communicator, but ... points for trying eh and patience ... lol

Altho the checkerboard is not 'fixed' in its meaning it does allude to certain 'specific' concepts, which unfold, each building on the previous. It's not so wide it could mean lots of different things to different people imo.

For me, not so much a way to 'see' but a way to 'be', personally found the way/journey is not easy but very very difficult and requires a helluva lot from oneself.

The path is steep and narrow (if ever there was a statement so understated! lol)

But onwards and upwards as they say

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

This is why we are all here, to talk and discuss.

There are certain universal interpretations, sure, such as good (white) and evil (black). One could go so far as to say spiritual (white) and physical (black).

All we can do is keep moving forward. Keep sharing your thoughts. I've enjoyed them.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, I think it represents the sea of humanity, but, I do like the idea of the chess board.
I love being someone's pawn!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Really enjoy your thoughts aswell, always make a point of reading your posts, learned a lot obout Masonry here from you and the other guys over the years. Its funny how certain people can make a real impact on our lives and they would never know the difference they have made to our journeys, guess that’s the power of the internet, we rarely notice what we cannot see in life.

Your thought on universal interpretations made me wonder, if we put the checkerboard into the Cabbala machine (hypothetical game), what would each sphere reveal. Might be an interesting exercise, am a real novice at the cabbala, do you know much about that? or is there any knowledgeable people out there willing to share?

Because the symbolism gives the whole gestalt, it is hard to unravel the patterns within it (the levels), and if you read all the replies here, it is like we all have a piece of the puzzle.

Perhaps it is us that are the living language of light, the symbolism just reflecting our puzzle piece (the universe doing a backatcha lol)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by laughingdog

You'd like to be someones Pawn! Are you a Sadist perchance lol
Its not healthy you know

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

oxford
reply to post by laughingdog

You'd like to be someones Pawn! Are you a Sadist perchance lol
Its not healthy you know

Methinks you meant a "masochist".

A masochist says "Beat me!"
A sadist says "No!"

HTH

Fitz

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

lol stands corrected, thank you!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I personally don't believe your average 32 degree Mason has any special privileges above that of the average citizen. I know a 32 degree Mason who went to jail for a short season.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Voyager1
I know a 32 degree Mason who went to jail for a short season.

I told network not to streak at the Duke game but does he listen to me? No!

That is what happens when you get all banged up on tea.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join