It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new homeless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

What does government spending have to do with private unregulated banks giving out bad loans?

Nice attempt at bashing but no, your comparing apples to oranges. How cute.

Stop feeding the trolls people.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

India - that explains quite a bit. Being in the tech field, I have seen the demise of the great "off-shore" venture to India. The time difference, lack of project management, and the fact that American's can't understand what you are saying has lead to India's downfall in this industry.

Making 10.00 per hour as a developer may sound prosperous to you, but our children make that much in America. You underestimate America's ability to survive during trying times - we sir are at our best when things are at their worst. (something you will never understand)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was sort of disgusted when Lucy Lu of all people goes to talk to these people. A very rich women talking to someone with nothing. The clothes she was wearing were probably more valuable than the homeless person's entire net worth. I almost felt that when the interview was over, they'd turn off the camera and behind it would be a giant limo ready to scope Lucy off to her castle. Not that I have anything against her, but juxtaposing the extreme overabundance of some to the nothing that some people have is disturbing.

If only some of these homeless women were as beautiful as the "stars" that we look up to. If only they could provided us with eye candy, then we'd deem their lives valuable and let them live. Does anyone see the stupidity in that? Someone is born beautiful, and that makes them such an asset to the country and world, born ugly and you're nothing but a bug.

On another note, these parents who don't talk to their kids are stupid. They probably have more than enough room in their house, and its their mother for crying out loud. I wouldn't be able to sleep or function if I knew my parent was homeless.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

Be warned that if the US fails so shall the rest of the free world.

Right. Whatever.

We are still the only bastion of freedom in this increasingly dangerous world.

Ahahaha! I've never seen a more delusional, arrogant and frankly dumb statement.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Interesting how long this seems to be going on. Even with all these programs people are still losing their homes. Pretty sad. Hopefully it gets better in a couple months, I think it will at least.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Damn,having gone from middle class to out on my ass and homeless I know how this feels,I think.It was easier in the eighties as fewer were dumpster diving as now.The nearest city has a street where the homeless panhandle and where there usually are a few there are dozens.People in intersections with a ,''Throw a quarter at me!Try to hit me!"sign.Kids on the street with their moms,just wandering aimlessly begging.They hardly announce how out of food the pantries are anymore,it's just a given.And resentment on both sides just building.Only constructive thing I can think to say is it goes much easier when you lose the pride.It is the worst of the seven deadly sins.If I found out a relative of mine was homeless,it would change within 48 hours.If they aren't a crack head.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I find it utterly disgusting that these everyday average Americans find themselves living in a tent like some kinda third-world country.I think Americas forefathers are turning in their graves at this moment.The US government would rather spend billions of American Tax-Payers money on a war in Iraq than their own people.Oh and I forgot feed the wall street fat cats and prop up the failing banks with Tax money while they take the cars and homes of the average joe and leave him in the S%$*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join