It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new homeless

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The tent city of Pinellas Hope, Fla is home to many who never thought they would find themselves homeless, but had nowhere else to go after being unable to find work as the economy crumbled.

Courtesy of USAToday (surprising but there you have it)
www.youtube.com...

Search youtube of google for tent cities / tent city, there are thousands. The gov and city officials usually try to keep them hidden out of the public eye and mind.

There are some existing tent city topics on ATS
is.gd...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
so now americans can have their own slumdog millionaires too .

the poverty of USA was liong overdue. the way your govt recklessly spent on hypermilitarism , it was going to happen . this happened when the soviets went hypermilitarist and built the world most powerful military in 70-80's and it collapsed

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is so sad to see how hopeless and desperate these people are. They need a real leader. Not that puppet in the white house.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Its amazing when you think about the realisation of what is happening in the world right now:

Mortgage Lender over indebts the taxpayer - Mortgages cant/are not paid back - Mortgage Lender puts taxpayer on the street - Taxpayer bails out the Mortgage Lender with billions of their hard earned income.

Anyone else see a major issue with this

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

yes and then the bank turns around and sells the foreclosed home for as little as $100 to someone else. Ridiculous.

Got $100? Welcome to your new Detroit home

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98

I partially disagree.

Indeed the USA did have this comming. The reason is because too many Americans where brainwashed into tapping as much credit as possible and then SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!!

This is what happens when you loose touch with the reality of a concept we know as "a rainy day".

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Its sad to see someone almost giddy over the fact that something like this is happening. Be warned that if the US fails so shall the rest of the free world. We are still the only bastion of freedom in this increasingly dangerous world. Sad to say though that freedom is quickly diminishing. We were at one time the break basket of the world, the world leader in manufacturing and industrial production. We set the standards in the sciences and tech world. Today we are becoming as our president puts it, "one nation amongst many." So maybe we shouldn't be surprised at all that is happening around us, but I still have hope that people with brains and drive will help restore this nation to its former glory. And I wont appologise in that hope.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A distopian nightmare.Yet congress still found enough taxpayer billions for an overseas bailout bill.Who is bailing out the already victimized taxpayer?See you back at the tent...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

I partially disagree.

Indeed the USA did have this comming. The reason is because too many Americans where brainwashed into tapping as much credit as possible and then SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!!

This is what happens when you loose touch with the reality of a concept we know as "a rainy day".

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

using credit is not bad , but using credit recklessly is bad . yes , this is one side of the problem , but like it or not , expansionist or resource imperialist empires have collapsed always due to overspending on military and general apathy of the people , where political affairs are concerned .

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

stop that propaganda

you certainly are no bastion of free world , you are a bastion of hypocrisy , a nation that indulged in genocide of tens of millions of of orginal natives and today still murdering and maimed millions in the third world

the world leader in manufacturing and industrial production. We set the standards in the sciences and tech world.

used to be , no longer , hell its china and Germany who are the masters in industra

We set the standards in the sciences and tech world.

Germany and Japan do that , not the USA .

Be warned that if the US fails so shall the rest of the free world.

as if i care about the 'free ' West that has responsible for billions of deaths by imperialism ,resource exploitation ,genocide in past hundreds of years

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

LOL you are a [SNIP] man who has believed the lie line and sinker from the radical muslim propaganda machine. Only here can a woman be as equal as a man, only here does a child rise above the status of property, we are the ones who have shed blood for the protection of millions, we've fed the hungry of the world, and you are just a [SNIP] person who is filled with hate and jealousy because what ever arm pit of the world you come from you havent prospered as we have here.

Personal insults removed

[edit on 23/6/09 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

LOL you are a [SNIP] man who has believed the lie line and sinker from the radical muslim propaganda machine. Only here can a woman be as equal as a man, only here does a child rise above the status of property, we are the ones who have shed blood for the protection of millions, we've fed the hungry of the world, and you are just a [SNIP] person who is filled with hate and jealousy because what ever arm pit of the world you come from you havent prospered as we have here.

propaganda of the muslim machine

what kind of BS is this ?? i am not from middle east .but rather from south asia , i mean India .
and you believe the crap you write ?

we are the ones who have shed blood for the protection of millions,

like how you helped Saddam murder millions of iranians in 80-88 war ?
like how CIA deaths squads murdered millions in latin america , who wanted freedom from american expolitation ?
like how your nation murdered tens of millions of native americans and stole their lands ?
like how USa murdered tens of millions of blacks and enslaved them for profit?
like how USA built up hitler before ww2 ?
like how USA savagely butchered 3 million vietnamese and maimed 5 million of them too

we've fed the hungry of the world

so does western europe and scandinivia , hell they do much more than you .
by the way , the looting and plundering by USa and its minions has led to famine like conditions in third world

you are just a small person who is filled with hate and jealousy because what ever arm pit of the world you come from you havent prospered as we have here.

hell, I am from India , and like China , in this recession , we are a beacon of hard work and economic progress for the third world .
We are prospering , while you americans are failing , soon you will be fourth world country , like Somalia , in a state of civil war

Edited quoted portion

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ok Mr. India... read your history before you spew your "crap" that you write. Hmm built up Hitler? Not too sure where you came up with that one, the Vietnam thing was because the Communists were expanding control in Asia...we wouldn't have been there if that never happened, and I dont think I ever said you were from the middle east. Though it is interesting to note that there is a huge radical muslim population in India which i suspect you are a part of and because I suspect you have been educated, and I use that term loosely, in nothing but a madrassa in some patch of weeds some where, only reading the Koran and taught by those who have sold there souls to the wahabi influence in Islam...because of these factors you will never see truth, you are one who will always blame the west for your problems, and till your dying day you will probably be screaming "death to the west" or "death to America". Just know that you won't win, there are too many of us here in the west who aren't stupid, or ignorant..there is a difference... and we wont let you destroy peace, our rich western culture, and our diverse faiths. So put that in your [SNIP]

removed drug reference

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OK.

The personal stuff stops now. If you can't discuss an issue without resorting to name calling, don't bother logging on.

IT STOPS NOW...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
***ATTENTION ***

You two stop the bickering. Post in a civil manner towards one another or you'll be Post Banned.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure I can even properly describe how disappointing it is that so many of my countrymen are now reduced to living in tents due to colossal mismanagement and general stupidity by so many in places of power. We have footed the bill for so many companies to be rewarded for bad behavior and business decisions and yet we get the brunt of the punishment in the end? If that isn't being screwed without a kiss I don't know what is.

<<   2 >>

join