It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloverfield UFO splashes down (movie)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I'll check that voice out.. Try to see what's said.

Thanks for the extra bit of info

The voice at the end says "It's still alive"

Abrams and Goddard have discussed doing a sequel in a more traditional style. It might be the same event but from a different perspective.

I was one of the people waiting for this movie from the time the first teaser came out at the opening of Transformers. I followed all the sites and ARGs and messages boards etc.

The thing falling in to the water was 100% intentional. That's why they included that scene at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This could be related to the second Cloverfield movie that is coming out like next year.

In the second movie more aliens/monsters come down to Earth from spaceships to different parts of the world.

Just do a Google search lots of people know about this because they researched or heard about it from other people.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Rocketgirl]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Not to discredit anyone or anything but I believe I've read that was purposely added into the film (this is the scene at the end of the film right?). I believe this scene is supposed to be BEFORE the cloverfield monster attacks or anything and I think they are hinting that the thing falling from the sky is cloverfield, or his spaceship, or who knows lol. I just swear I've read something about this somewhere from the guy who made the movie.

But yeah when the movie first came out I always heard people talking about this and I was never able to spot it! I can see it now though. Some people have amazing eyes cause I would have never noticed that if I never heard of it.

And to the people who are calling this guy delusional and stuff, he isnt. Something does splash down, a lot of people can see it, I can see it too. I remember right when the movie came out people talking about this too.

But like I said I think its purposely added.

And someone mentioned district nine... im really excited for that movie!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
This could be related to the second Cloverfield movie that is coming out like next year.

No -- this video taken from the ferris wheel at Coney Island was part of the original movie. This video and the splash was seen at the very end of the movie, but the video itself (and the trip to Coney Island) happened before the monster attacked -- so the filmmakers wanted the audience to see that the splash was related to the monster attack.

The splash was never explained in the movie, but supposedly it was explained on the "viral marketing" websites officially put out by the movie's producers.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jouseroni

I read that too and I think I read something about it being too late to change it or something. But if I'm not mistaken your right and I think that was on the horror movie website I go to.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by relapz

Funny that, I was thinking that I would love to see the same movie from a different perspective. The perspective I would love to see is from the military.

They were in the area pretty damn fast, and they were rapidly overwhelmed. At the end of the movie, and based on the voice saying "It's still alive" even after being nuked .. the creature must have moved from NY to other cities.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I saw nothing and I watched the video twice. Somebody needs to freeze the frame.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I tore the scene apart and made it more clear. As you can see in the first two pictures, the object does not seem to follow a straight path down, but that could have been caused by the camera moving. At first I thought it was a water droplet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88e1577a7340.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8350f84da5f4.jpg[/atsimg]

The picture below shows only the slices, and here it still looks like a water droplet to me. However.......
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42ee78c10be7.jpg[/atsimg]

It does appear to be splashing in the water.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f8636bb7f91e.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as I could see, the object did not continue after the "splash". For that reason I must asume that it must be something else.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by 2Faced]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you did.

Peace

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Great bit of work.. Well done.

A sequel of this film from another perspective would be pretty cool..

I guess it's one of those things that could be expanded on in several ways.
Which kinda gives me an idea

Yeah this thread might be a bit late in its content but its nice to know that some had seen it in the film or were already aware of it and that some had had no idea about it.. Goes to show what can happen when a bit of 'history' gets dug up

I must have seen the film 5 or 6 times since it came out and yesterday was the first time I'd noticed it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
it was jus swamp gas.
I havent seen this movie yet.. I want to and now I also want to see district 9

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
No guys it's a satellite falling from space, it's what awoke the beast thing from the ocean.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hopefully the next version of the movie explains why the satellite fell from space. Was a great movie ... one of my fav sci-fi horrors of all time.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
No guys it's a satellite falling from space, it's what awoke the beast thing from the ocean.

Thank you haydn_17!!! I was shouting at my monitor reading the other posts..phew!
It is indeed a satellite falling from the sky near to where the creature has
been slumbering for 100`s of years...the Japanese company who own it "Tagruato" send a team out to recover the satellite and in doing so disturb the creature!
It WAS all part of the viral marketing campaign ,and a Japanes comic book before the movie! Hope this helps!
Maybe a mutant,but definitely not from outer space!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well, if anyone followed the viral premovie stuff, it does not seem that this thing came from space. Or if it did, it was dormant for quite awhile. It seems a corporation in Japan that does deep sea drilling for an ingredient in their famous drink (Slusho! You can't drink just 6!), and either imo, this ingredient was this things food supply, or deep sea drilling woke it up. They never did quite reveal what it was. But this thing did travel to the city via the ocean, it did not just drop off the coast. It tore down an oil rig in the ocean, and made it's way towards NY.

I think it followed a tanker from the Tagruato corporation to the NY harbor. If you freeze the frame of the wrecked tanker from the movie, it bears the Tagruato emblem on its deck, and had been tore open. What was it carrying? Probably "seabed's nectar," the deep sea ingredient from which Slusho! is made.

I was a bit disappointed that more of the viral campaign didn't appear in the movie, other than one guy wearinig a Slusho! t-shirt. But oh well. But anyways, I have doubt that this is the creature. BUT.. keep in mind, this is probably the "baby" version. Maybe that's its mother, looking for him? Who can say.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Are you serious? It was put in by the moviemakers. Wow...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I think it followed a tanker from the Tagruato corporation to the NY harbor. [edit on 23-6-2009 by fleabit]

No they captured it,most probably the baby and the mother
came after it`s child,and was destroyed by the miltary in
the ocean.The baby escapes and this is what we see in the movie!
They tell the back story in the Japanese comic,I remember
reading it at the time,no idea if it`s still available online though?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This has probabaly been said but, it was intentioal. Slusho is the fictional japanese drink company that the main character was going to work for in japan. Slusho has its hand in communications and has sattelites. J J Abrams said that was one of slushos sattelites that fell into the ocean and that is what woke the beast froom the deep.
www.slusho.jp... website for the fictional brand

www.filmstalker.co.uk...

lot of info about the viral marketing schemes

Extremely well planned and rather ingenius piece of film making.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
nice pick up.

I heard through the very long and twisted grapevine, that maybe...... the sequel will be from the military's perspective.

JJ care to elaborate?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Yeah, wasn't the backdrop of the movie that the main characters brother who was going to Japan for a new job that involved working with the Slush-o (?) company? I believe this was all part of the viral marketing.

The background is supposed to be that some ancient organism was found in the ocean after some kind of deep sea disturbance (I think it was deep sea drilling) and Slush-o used it in their drink and did experiments with it but it mutated.

A theory was postulated that the monster in cloverfield is actually some mutated sea creature (like a whale or what-have-you) as a result of Slush-o experimenting with this organism.

I am totally going off something I read about a year ago so my facts might be quite a bit messed up or re-arranged.

Either way, that's why the satellite dropping into the ocean was shown. It basically peeved the creature off. It was a way to tie in the viral marketing pre-plot to the actually movie...at least that's my theory.

edit: guess that's why were supposed to read through the posts, just finished reading and saw that many have already brought this up. Whatever!

Edit: A-ha!! Now it all makes sense. If you read the link one poster provided filmstalker.com, a person who commented laid it all out on the line and now I think the OP will be able to sleep soundly tonight...

The Japanese oil company TAGRUATO drops a satellite (Chimpanz III) into the ocean as part of viral marketing (shown at the end of the movie when Rob and Beth were on the ferris wheel). TAGRUATO works with SLUSHO (a slush company), as the main ingredient for SLUSHO is found at the satellite dropzone (deep ocean). While searching for satellite and ingredients, they woke Cloverfield (the monster).

The main ingredient of Slusho apparently turns a tiny fish into a HUGE whale, which explains the size of Cloverfield.

Rob apparently was going to be the Vice President of TAGRUATO in Japan.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by nunya13]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by nunya13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join