It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloverfield UFO splashes down (movie)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I was watching the film 'Cloverfield' the other night and right at the end, something caught my eye.

It's so subtle that you'd not really notice it if you were in a cinema, and if you've got it on DVD and seen it several times then it might not be something you would be looking out for.

It is right at the end of the film. As the camera looks out to sea, you see a ship on the right side of the screen. To the left of it an object falls from the sky and splashes down into the sea.
It is quite far out and appears to splash down very near to the horizon, so it must have been quite large.

The thing is, is this real or was it put in by the movie makers?
If it was put in by the film makers, why is it so unobvious? Why is it right at the end of the film? Why go to the extra effort of putting in something that hardly anyone will see?

It literally is a couple of seconds and I bet a lot of you are going to be trying hard to spot it, asking what you should be looking at and many other questions

That's to be expected.. I've tried to show it the best I can in this small movie edit here. We know that all movies lose some quality once they have been reformatted, editted, uploaded etc etc.. so if you've got the film on dvd then do take a look for yourselves and if you can get better quality than I have here then please do add it to this thread.

We may never know what it is, but the fact remains that there is something here in this movie that made me curious.

With better quality, you will see it make a splash. There does appear to be some sea foam just below and to the right of where it splashes down, so don't get confused with that bit. The splash happens just before the camera begins to pan back and you see the cage bars. You do see the splash here but not as much as the original shows.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Could be a subliminal, wouldn't be the first time Movie makers have added strange things to do strange things.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

That's a good idea.. It could very well be, but why?
Is it provoke awareness or to instill fear or what?

What would the film makers gain from it, apart from this extra bit of advertising their getting right now, not that that would matter seeing as the film is already out and about.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
nothing splashed down. You are delusional

sigh... wasted several minutes watching that stupid video over and over. Ill never get that time back.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I couldn't see anything. But, the scene you are looking at was taped before the "aliens" went on a rampage. I bet it could be a subliminal hint to show that at that time something landed in the water. Probably the aliens, or one of them anyway.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
REVELATIONS 9/11 The Beast from the bottomless pit !!!!

Revelation 9:11 (New International Version)
11They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.[a]

Footnotes:
a.Revelation 9:11 Abaddon and Apollyon mean Destroyer.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've noticed that too, it's supposed to be one of the nice little touches by J.J. Abrams.
That part where they are taking the video belongs prior to the events and I think that thing coming from the sky is a clue to the origin of the unexplained monster.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

This is true and there is mention in the film of such a scenario. Even still. it is so subtle, so quick that even the poster above you has had a hard time seeing the object splash down even with the film slowed down.

It would not be a hard thing to fit into the movie. Nowhere near as much work as the actual monster itself and we do hear about a tanker being sunk just before all hell breaks lose...

This does tend to lean towards the possibility of it being added, but has anyone else noticed it? Has anyone ever talked about this section of the movie?

Their is another image from another alien type film which I am currently working on too which defies belief as to why it is there and its purpose, but that's another thread..

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
At first I thought I wouldn't see anything mainly due to the quality of the video but when it slows down a bit if you look at the sky area and not so much at the water you can see..something fall very quickly but who knows what it really is. Still a good find though.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

It was part of the movie and a subtle clue as to what was about to happen (although the scene was at the end of the movie, it was an event that happened days before the main event).

Further on during the credits you will also hear an indistinct voice... saying something very unclear. It is a clue to what happened after the New York was nuked.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The thing is actually a satellite that awoken the monster from beneath the ocean.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I'll check that voice out.. Try to see what's said.

Thanks for the extra bit of info

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

What you think of that?

We have the events of 9/11 wtc, and now this film wich also works on those numbers in a way .. 9:11 9/11 .

And in both cases NY gets it bad...

There was this Comet that hit earth wasnt it, opening the Pit so apollyon got out of there, coloms of fire and smoke came out of the pit, and that is the fireballs we see coming into town at the start.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I don't believe there was any link to the 911 event. Cloverfield had a massive viral marketing campaign prior to the release of the movie with realistic web sites etc.
The subltle parts of the movie was one of the reasons I loved it - I had to watch it again and again to catch more things I had missed the first time.

Another movie to watch that is being released in August is District 9. It is also an "aliens living amongst us" movie and also already has websites that seem to be real companies but are actually just part of the marketing.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Its pure hollywood guys...

yes something does land in the water, but that part of the video is before the event happened, and didnt get written over by the rest of the film taken during the party and during the run away from the monster.

Its pure Abraham genius, he did Lost and Fringe too on sky 1.

Its whats called an easter egg for all us movie freaks, and once one see's it, it then travels thew world via th einternet then you go back naturally watch the whol efilm through again and try and see it for yourself.

I love the film

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Looks like this is one extra little easter egg that has been cracked then..

I enjoy spotting stuff like this.. had to post it just for the pure educational/discussion value

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I see Ocker has just created a District 9 thread ... I wonder if I inspired him or if it was just pure coincidence.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Lol...

This is from memory so bear with me,

The events in the camcorder (which is the footage you show) was taken a few days before the start of the movie when the protagonist and the girl decided to finally make out or go steady.

They went to a fair on some island and during their self-cam, they accidentally caught the descent of the meteor, which in this case is supposed to be bearing the organism which will eventually morph into the Cloverfield Monster.

Eh I think there are other hints in the pre Cloverfield alternate reality game/website. Also check out www.themoviespoiler.com for the whole walkthrough of the movie.

Oh and if you watched the movie in the cinema with the big screen, you would probably have caught it. I did and even pointed it out to my gf.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by postmeme]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

i only new about it a year ago. seen it watchin pay per view.whats all
the hoopla? not even hard to see.
a little late w/ this one.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
I couldn't see anything. But, the scene you are looking at was taped before the "aliens" went on a rampage. I bet it could be a subliminal hint to show that at that time something landed in the water. Probably the aliens, or one of them anyway.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by 2Faced]

That's exactly what it was supposed to be, and J.J. Abrams had talked about this "Easter Egg" before.

The video on the main character's camera was supposed to have been made before the monster attacked New York. The splash in the water was supposed to be some kind of hint (although after the fact) that something from space crashed into the water -- probably the monster that would later attack.

It was "unobvious" because that's the way the film maker wanted it to be. Many "easter eggs" in films are rather subtle and unobvious -- it's more gratifying to the audience when they notice "hidden" things rather than obvious in-your-face things.

It can't really be seen too well in the OP's link, but I remember seeing it in the actual movie itself. My wife and daughter were watching the DVD with me and didn't notice it. I had to re-wind the DVD to show them again.

[edit on 6/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join