It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must discuss a Nuclear War seriously..this aint Fallout 3..there is no Save Game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
When I was a child, I was constantly worried about nuclear war.

I really do not think there is anything that I can do. I am not in control of the button.

If I survive a nuclear war, that is when I need to figure out what to do. I have stockpiles of food and ammo. I have a greenhouse. I am prepared.

However, I do not know what I will need to do until the situation happens. Too many variables.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Damn my estimated 15 billion worth of bottle caps is worthless..WORTHLESS! ps fallout 2 is better than fallout 3.Anyway on topic,i have found alot of people talk about nuclear war in a wishy washy way without fully understanding the consequences on a global scale.We in the west live in a big cotton ball compared to alot of the world...add that to the internet and sensationalist media.When alot of people are talking about such things they are detached from it all.When and if(hopefully not) something this huge breaks out...people will realise that just because something happens over *there* does not mean you will be safe from it forever..one day the cotton ball will catch on fire and people will get burned.Again hopefully not,but given the nature of man and our appalling grasp of learning from past mistakes...it is inevitable i think.I dont think the situation in N.Korea will spark it though.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just saw that movie, there´s only BS anyways in german TV, and i´m very impressed. Probably the best movie on that issue, much better than the day after.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Man i just got finished watching that movie. Holy hell. I'm getting a piece of land in the middle of nowhere with water on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow, a really great extremely realistic pre / post nuclear war scenario. Maybe some time wave zero nostalgia? Great movie though I'm surprised that I have not seen it before now.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Yep,I live in the area this docu-drama was made.I remember watching it on t.v back in the 80's and what effect it had on me then.For a low budget film,it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Cheers for putting it up mucka.

Lewtra

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
USA is NOT the only superpower... The USA has as much or more debt per capita than any other country... The USA has been neutered by commonality.

As I said earlier, regardless of the anti-American propaganda, the USA is still the only superpower. The New World Order mentality wants us to believe that the USA has fallen from grace and is treading water to maintain some sort of status quo with the rest of the oh-so-much-better world. They maintain that the USA must be assimilated into the Global Union and cannot, therefore, retain its national sovereignty.

Which is, of course, horse dung.

The USA, on its worst day, is still an economic, technological and military giant compared to the next best country. We have more debt because we can sustain more debt. We can sustain enough debt to bankrupt all of Europe and most of Asia, and we still pay off our debt. When the American economy sneezes, the entire world shudders — we've seen that this is utterly true in just the last few months.

So don't pretend that the USA is a worn out or "neutered" old dog standing out in the rain, begging to come inside the warm and cheery Global Union. We invented the Global Union, and we can un-invent it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Off-topic, but your avatar is quite alluring to a mind like mine!

Carry on (sorry!)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Off-topic, but your avatar is quite alluring to a mind like mine!

It is very snatch-like, isn't it?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't think that there will be a nuclear war and I think that people are worrying over nothing. There is too much to lose right now. Too many lives would be lost. Too many cities would be destroyed. Farming would no longer be viable. Economies would be wiped out. The power's that be would effectively ruin their lives, and the lives of their family members as well. I just don't think that it is a realistic scenario.

So relax, and remain positive. Positivity is of the utmost importance. It will assist us, in ensuring our survival and evolution as a species.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Are you sure we can Relax?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b19683c04302.jpg[/atsimg]

Kim Jong 2 built the largest army in the World leaving his country in misery...for nothing?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d9afc96b673.jpg[/atsimg]

you have to understand the people who can poush the button..if they are relaxed first..

Ahmadinejad to Wipe out Israel from the face of the map its not a choice for him...its his duty and Dream.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrij
I don't think that there will be a nuclear war... So relax, and remain positive. Positivity is of the utmost importance. It will assist us, in ensuring our survival and evolution as a species.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Move forward, shake off the ashes, keep moving.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Atlantican
USA is NOT the only superpower... The USA has as much or more debt per capita than any other country... The USA has been neutered by commonality.

As I said earlier, regardless of the anti-American propaganda, the USA is still the only superpower. The New World Order mentality wants us to believe that the USA has fallen from grace and is treading water to maintain some sort of status quo with the rest of the oh-so-much-better world. They maintain that the USA must be assimilated into the Global Union and cannot, therefore, retain its national sovereignty.

Which is, of course, horse dung.

The USA, on its worst day, is still an economic, technological and military giant compared to the next best country. We have more debt because we can sustain more debt. We can sustain enough debt to bankrupt all of Europe and most of Asia, and we still pay off our debt. When the American economy sneezes, the entire world shudders — we've seen that this is utterly true in just the last few months.

So don't pretend that the USA is a worn out or "neutered" old dog standing out in the rain, begging to come inside the warm and cheery Global Union. We invented the Global Union, and we can un-invent it.

— Doc Velocity

I think the main reason why the US is still on the block is because China [Japan] gave you a flashy Amex black card so you can shop their products on their credit, and New York remains an important financial hub..but so is London..
Back on topic, i think Bethesda made a pretty realistic picture of a post apocalyptic world in Fallout 3 [Yes late june the add-ons are coming to PS3!!]
For instance, water would become very scarce, polluted and people need to built purifiers.
There is no central command, so people really live in a chaotic wasteland, survival of the fittest..
I also liked the idea of people living on an aircraft carrier or ship to be protected from looting tribes and such..
Cities will be an orgy of debris so people might want to live and travel in the subway systems, or whats left of that..Whether people will get mutated or just die of cancer, i think offsprings might be pretty scary in some cases..
And finally we would have a normal monetary and economic systems, built on trade and maybe just bottle caps, and credit would be shenanigans..Also reasonable would be the people who might want to recover "old" technology from the past and protect it..As long as we have good vaults for the good people, keeping up the good fight

I think when the time comes i'll head to the Svalbard vault

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Foppezao]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join