It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must discuss a Nuclear War seriously..this aint Fallout 3..there is no Save Game

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hi Friends,

Its seems that a Nuclear War can be the result of Either Nkorea vs USA or Iran vs Israel.

I would like you to watch this movie very carefully..this was done by the British in 1985..its a very interesting movie..a must see...than afterwards I would like to discuss with you your feelings after watching the movie and maybe start to discuss seriously what can be done for such thing never to happen to our loved ones...remember life aint no Fallout 3..there is no save game or start a new game..its horrible.

Google Video Link

here is the link :

video.google.com...#

[edit on 23-6-2009 by heineken]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Really good choice... Threads is the BEST movie on nuclear war ever, by best I mean realistic. And I've seen IMO most of them...

But today would be different.. meaning that we have EMP protection, underground cities, anti-missile shield, there's less nukes and the yields are lower.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
K I'll play, but I don't think there's going to be a nuke war fought here in the states. The gov might pull another 911 on us and nuke a few hundred thousand to get a few more people to enlist, but I don't see an actual war here.

Star and Flag - Spread the love!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

when i was a kid i had a very vivid dream about nuclear war, ever since I was completely obsessed and terrified with nukes. There was a britich cartoon called "when the wind blows" movie length about nuclear war. I have never watched it again as it scared me so much at the time.

I had started to think the chances of it happening had gone away until recently.the consequences are just too scary to think about

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm in on this, I think nuclear war should be a point of discussion in these times. With North Korea playing the nuclear card, Iran threatening to knock Israel off the map and with a known nuclear weapons programs, Israel threatening to reciprocate with Iran if attacked and with over 200 warheads at their disposal, and lets not forget the possibility of Pakistani nukes falling into the wrong hands.

I mean these current events sound like a Tom Clancy novel but there real. This is truly a scary time indeed. We need to really mind ourselves when dealing with loons and nuclear capabilities. Well I'll contribute and lets wait and see where this thread goes.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
and we must start thinking if at least something can be done...its diificult because myself the only thing i can come up with is demonstartions or something to show the leader we want everone to discards the nukes....i watched this movie yesterday with my girlfriend..last week we decided were ready for having a baby and than i watched this...i dont want that some maniac like NKoreans' Kim unleash something like this...i always counted on the United States as World Defenders (im not from the States) but nowadays with all the 9/11 and NWO thing and lost my trust too..i donno anymore who the good guys are..im so lost...but i know there are people like me whom having a nice family is the top priority...lets bring conciousness to the world..i still beleive there are more good than bad ppl in the world....myself i have to admit...i like to play war games, i love weaponry, guns, tanks, jet fighters, destroyers...but this is no war..this is different...i prefer to love cars, tv's, stereos, compters instead

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

oh man i just watched that film and its brought all those childhood fears back.
I hope it never comes to that

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
and we must start thinking if at least something can be done...its diificult because myself the only thing i can come up with is demonstartions or something to show the leader we want everone to discards the nukes....i watched this movie yesterday with my girlfriend..last week we decided were ready for having a baby and than i watched this...i dont want that some maniac like NKoreans' Kim unleash something like this...i always counted on the United States as World Defenders (im not from the States) but nowadays with all the 9/11 and NWO thing and lost my trust too..i donno anymore who the good guys are..im so lost...but i know there are people like me whom having a nice family is the top priority...lets bring conciousness to the world..i still beleive there are more good than bad ppl in the world....myself i have to admit...i like to play war games, i love weaponry, guns, tanks, jet fighters, destroyers...but this is no war..this is different...i prefer to love cars, tv's, stereos, compters instead

Congratulations on your decision of having a child. May your child grow up in a world better than this one. This is truly an upside down world and I sometimes wonder who is the good guys and who are the bad guys. At least in the Cold War we knew the Soviets meant us harm and in WWII we knew Adolf Hitler and Imperial Japan were bad.

However, today, we have a difficult time discerning who is on the side of good and who is on the side darkness. All we can hope for is that the world leaders know the severity of a nuclear exchange and use that method as sparingly as possible much like Kennedy and Kruschev in 60's. We've been done this down this road during the Cold War and we made it through without anyone being incinerated so lets hope these current events shake out that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
www.nukefreeworld.com...

We must join others!!!!

Also do you think Ahmadinejad is forced by his religion to get rid of Zionism (Israel) ?

What are China realtionship with the Koreans?..why they fight for them?

Is Israel still considering attacking Iran?..any news recently?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I agree that an active discussion should be "stickied". Discussion is important for the mind, however it is useless against 5-15psi overpressure.

As for what people can do? Prepare their own first, plan to be VALUABLE in the aftermath.

Otherwise, assume your hometown is a target and prepare accordingly. Nobody truly knows who will pull the trigger, where it will happen and who will be really responsible. There won't be time to formulate theories, just carnage in a random place in a random time. Assume your own home town is the target and prepare accordingly. That is your last best chance.

Check out NTI.ORG for the various lobby/activist information and some valuable links on what you can do, how to help get the message out. This is a growing movement indeed. I've been a member for years and the initiative updates are light years ahead of the media reaction to current events. It's a preemptive start but nothing near a complete education nor is it a catch all solution. It is a global initiative with deep pockets and deep ties with global governments.

Spread the membership to all that you can, put it on your resume, your calling card, business card, bumper, quotes and tell the missionaries at the door about it. Become an advocate and allow others to find comfort in your acknowledgment and understanding of a very possible reality. More possible in our lifetimes than a conventional world war.

It is very much time to get serious, though I do LOVE fallout 3. At this rate, bottle caps could indeed be worth more than money and you could find paper money in random garbage cans someday.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I remember this film very well. it scared the S**t out of me. i used to live on the RAF finningley air base that is mentioned in the movie my dad was stationed there around 1978 - 1982 back then it was a Vulcan bomber training base. RAF finningley is now a commercial airport called Robin hood Airport
I still live in near sheffield and the film is always in the back of my mind when situations with other countries go sour.

[edit on 23/6/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep When the Wind blows is great too. Threads, When the wind blows and DrStrangelove are my favorites.

It's a shame Hollywood didn't make anything good on nuclear war since the end of the cold war... now it's all about 2012, global warming, aliens or terrorism... it's boring.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

thnks for the site man!!!!..i has enormous amount of info..i shall eat it all after work

just found this in your link :

Russia Holds Out Possibility of Significant Nuclear Reductions
Monday, June 22, 2009

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Saturday that his nation was willing to drastically cut the size of its nuclear arsenal in a follow-on agreement to the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty , the New York Times reported (see GSN, June 18)

which is a good sign..(still though there are a lot bad news reagrding Nkorea
)

Ezappa...sry if this video changed your mood or anything...hope this helps.. www.youtube.com... ..at least you have a laugh..but then return and we seriously discuss how to stop this

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

www.nukefreeworld.com...

We must join others!!!!

Also do you think Ahmadinejad is forced by his religion to get rid of Zionism (Israel) ?

What are China realtionship with the Koreans?..why they fight for them?

Is Israel still considering attacking Iran?..any news recently?

Your idealism is commendable but it is not realistic. I can assure you if every American signed a petition and sent it to congress to completely disarm our nuclear deterrent they would bat it down in an instance. If we were to do that we would be at the mercy of the rest of the world and their nuclear arsenals.

When we tested the Trinity bomb in the New Mexican desert in 1945 the world would never be the same again and Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer head of the development knew that. Oppenheimer quoting the Hindu text, Bhagavad Gita: "If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one." and "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." We have to learn to live with them, because unfortunately, they are now a necessary evil.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Nope it didnt change my mood just brought back some great childhood memories

I think we have a good chance of holding out through a nuclear war these days.
The worst part about it for most would be the aftermath and looters, rioters and criminals.

Im just glad i live in a small town in yorkshire, ill be running to the hills,

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
God, the memories this movie brings back from the feeling as a 10 year old in the 80's. I never saw "Threads". I'm halfway through, and it's chilling.

THIS is the movie I remember scaring the crap out of me as a kid, and when it dawned on me that the S could HTF. "The Day After" with John Lithgow. .

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There is no way of stoppinig it.
People have been trying to do that for years.
Even if Russia , USA, UK, China etc etc did get rid of all there nukes there would still be some nutcase developing them secretly.

I think now that we have them and the knowledge to make them we will never be rid of them, i know it sounds sad but nukes are here to stay.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
'when the wind blows' is also very very powerful..odd for a cartoon...

video.google.de...#

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
God, the memories this movie brings back from the feeling as a 10 year old in the 80's. I never saw "Threads". I'm halfway through, and it's chilling.

THIS is the movie I remember scaring the crap out of me as a kid, and when it dawned on me that the S could HTF. "The Day After" with John Lithgow. .

Google Video Link

10ks for the link...ill be watching this vid tonite

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I believe you have a very good reason for your cause. It's also not surprising that there are many people like you. It's what everyone wants, a nice family, nice life...

Unfortunately, it doesn't always come free, everybody has to make a sacrifice! If peace is worth fighting for, then you should fight for it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join