It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor Evans' death shocks S.C. Renowned state official dies unexpectedly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Prosecutor Evans' death shocks S.C. Renowned state official dies unexpectedly

www.thestate.com

Jennifer Evans, head of the state attorney general’s criminal section and chief prosecutor for the state grand jury, died suddenly in North Carolina over the weekend, Attorney General Henry McMaster said Sunday.

“It was completely unexpected,” said McMaster, who confirmed her death to The State, saying it was a health issue, but didn’t confirm any details.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wow... lots of strange things happened over the weekend. First, SC Governor Mark Sanford goes missing in action for four days then the 41 year old head of the state attorney general's criminal section dies suddenly.

I wonder if they're related?

www.thestate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add:

This is a key quote on the Sanford MIA story:

Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, had been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion Thursday in a black SLED Suburban SUV, said Sen. Jake Knotts and three others familiar with the situation but declined to be identified.

Sanford’s last known whereabouts had been near Atlanta because a mobile telephone tower picked up a signal from his phone, authorities said. His office now knows where he is, Adams said.

The governor’s state and personal phones had been turned off and he had not responded to phone or text messages since at least the weekend, a source familiar with the situation said.

Also, if you'll remember, he was the only hold-out for not taking Obama's stimulus money. Within the past couple of weeks, the SC Supreme Court ruled that he had to take it.

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That does seem like a very interesting set of events to happen over the same weekend. Frankly, with what is going in in NC with our former Governor, I would have expected something like that up here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind was that the Govoner may have dissapeared to avoid getting caught up in the weirdness and death... Yikes SC has had it rough this weekend... Bad energy surges...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah... at first, I thought the Governor's MIA story was just a senator who's always against him in the first place trying to discredit him. But when I saw this story, I started to wonder.

This is very unusual for SC.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Matt Matan was just talking about this on the "Take A Stand" radio show here in WNC. Apparently he left and told his wife that he needed some focused time away from all the commotion to "write something." Matt said if it was anybody else, he'd be worried, but in this case Matt is "looking forward" to see what the Governor will come up with.

But interestingly, he did not comment at all on this other story here- he might not have known. The two combined together surely make for some good conspiratorial speculation.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Per THE STATE, Sanford has been located, but no details, except that he had to 'get away from the children to write something'. That has interesting implications.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If I were the Governor and the court told him he had to take money from the bail out, I would be writing my resignation and dump the rest of the states problems right where it belongs, with a court that has no right to demand a state take money the governor knows will only hurt the state in the end!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes but do you think there's any link from what he's writing to Jennifer Evans' death. Apparently she was healty and young (41).

I know, I know... pure speculation but my conspiracy hat perked up on these two.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Don't forget the Attorney General that was fired last week over the phone...all 3 of these stink to high heaven.

top topics

join