It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology leader physically beat staff, paper says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Scientology leader physically beat staff, paper says

rawstory.com

The leader of the Church of Scientology beat staffers, forced a group of key executives to play musical chairs for their careers and allegedly encouraged purchase of “must have items” to prop up church coffers, according to an article Sunday that’s received little followup treatment by other news outlets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As a young man over twenty years ago I came across a building that looked like a book store, out of curiosity I went inside to browse the selection of books but soon realized that all the books were the same. As I started to notice the posters on all the walls a very attractive lady came up to me and ask if I had ever heard of Scientology? I said no but knew that it was time for me to leave. I never had such creeper vibes then I had when I was in that place.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah, scientology creeps me out too. My suprise-o-meter didn't even register on this story.

They are a very odd bunch of individuals.

Edit to add- Glad they didn't get to you aswell!!

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Me too, I was kind of down on my luck at the time, never really heard of them but the more she started explaining curtain things about their church, where I would stay and the things they would have me do I got the heck out of there lol...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, I guess on the positive side one could point out that at least he isn't accused of inappropriate contact with young Altar boys as is common in some other mainstream religions.

One bad apple does not make the whole batch bad.

It's shocking what he did, and very much wrong...but the majority of people influenced by mainstream media are going to recognize that the actions of the one do not represent the actions of the many.

Which is sad because Scientology on a whole is quite questionable and needs to be addressed by the media, yet pointing out the few bad apples amongst their ranks is actually diverting the attention away from the Church to the individual members instead.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

The more that comes out about these criminal thugs the more vindicated i feel for 35 years fighting these jackasses. The cost in actual human life by these murderers has never been fully vetted and I hope that soon those that know and have had enough, smuggle out the secret documents that are in the special vault at the leaders residence!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by Rams59lb

The more that comes out about these criminal thugs the more vindicated i feel for 35 years fighting these jackasses. The cost in actual human life by these murderers has never been fully vetted and I hope that soon those that know and have had enough, smuggle out the secret documents that are in the special vault at the leaders residence!

Zindo
yeah but isn't that just the script of cloverfield?

Or Bloosom Goodchilds' ramblings.....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was flying back from California and ended up sitting next to a scientologist. To make a long story short he tried to convert me. When I explained I wasn't interested he became insistent. I was close to blowing my cool because he would not leave me alone. I know all I need to know about the Cult of Scientology and when he pushed too hard I quietly explained
"If you open your mouth one more time, im taking your teeth home with me in my pocket." Realizing I was nonconvertible he asked the flight attendant if he could switch seats. She said no. And I said Haha in my best Simpsons voice. Believe it or not he kept his mouth shut the rest of the flight.

Avoid scientologists at all costs. I consider them to be a lost cause.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I wish it was that shallow. L Ron Hubbard had a vault that rivals most banks installed that he kept and now the new rulers keep with the info on all the acolytes and their enemies! And where the bodies are buried!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
I was flying back from California and ended up sitting next to a scientologist. To make a long story short he tried to convert me. When I explained I wasn't interested he became insistent. I was close to blowing my cool because he would not leave me alone. I know all I need to know about the Cult of Scientology and when he pushed too hard I quietly explained
"If you open your mouth one more time, im taking your teeth home with me in my pocket." Realizing I was nonconvertible he asked the flight attendant if he could switch seats. She said no. And I said Haha in my best Simpsons voice. Believe it or not he kept his mouth shut the rest of the flight.

Seems it's the people who are really brainwahsed that do the pushing. They seem to be the people who if they had chosen christianity or any other religion would try and push that too. It's more about the character and type of person they are and the type of person that scientology recruits that do this.

Just my opinion though. I'm sure there are a few good scientologists who just want a different belief and don't push it on anyone else and are content with having it for themselves....

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19

A winnrar is you. Scientologists are quite literally brainwashed and programmed. It's nearly impossible to make them snap out of their dillusion.

Since some of you seem to know very little about this cult, I recommend visiting www.xenu.net

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Scientology uses hypnotic methods to teach their followers, its called something else but the same thing.
They blackmailed people at the IRS to get tax exempt status.
THen they force you to pay more and more to receive more information. They are just one great big pyramid scheme filled with nonsense. hmmm maybe the leader is the antichrist.
I think I'm going to go in the church of scientology based here in my town and tell them I'm poor and homeless and hungry and see if they'll accept me still. Any self respecting church would try to help in the name of the lord, i bet they'll turn me away.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Read this wiki about hte history of the CO$ its pretty interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What can I say...

I'M GLAD

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

That would be very interesting to know more about the inner workings of this sec and all the untold stories about the hidden things going on with them. That would probablly be really creepy and stuff that horror movies are made of...

new topics

top topics

join