It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South America Gangs stage bold robbery in US, National News reports water it down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Over the weekend we had a rather bold Robbery. At least a half dozen machine gun welding men, possibly women too. Staged a military type ride on a local Denny's restaurant. dressed all in black the rushed into the crowded restaurant made the 60 of so diners get on the floor then demanded the cash register and safe be opened, one young woman was shoot and killed during the raid... the whole thing was well planed and executed, in and out within minutes... clearly professionals at work. so say our local reports... but once national News get hold of the story they skip over some of those details and water it down, even changing the reported firearms from machine guns to pistols, What's up with that, are they just not wanting to scare people by hiding facts?

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Police on Sunday were searching for at least two more suspects they believe killed a teenage worker during a robbery at a packed Denny's and committed 10 more armed robberies in Albuquerque this past year.

Two suspects were arrested within minutes of the crime Saturday on suspicion of murder, kidnapping, robbery and child abuse because there were at least five children in the restaurant, Albuquerque Police Officer Nadine Hamby said.

Hamby said the men who were arrested are in their late 20s to early 30s and are from South America, but she did not know where specifically. She said police were working with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to verify the men's identities.

Hamby said at least four masked men with rifles and handguns rushed into the northwest Albuquerque Denny's around 9:30 a.m. Saturday and demanded money.

AP version of the story
Heres the local version from the source they cite

So whos' reporting the news these days? reporters on the streets or some spin doctor trying to make everything feel just fine and dandy?

[edit on 22-6-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The media is a joke,that is why I come here. I feel that this kind of activity is only goning to increase. I always carry a weapon wherever I go now.Always vigilant. Always

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Over the weekend we had a rather bold Robbery. At least a half dozen machine gun welding men, possibly women too. Staged a military type ride on a local Denny's restaurant. dressed all in black the rushed into the crowded restaurant made the 60 of so diners get on the floor then demanded the cash register and safe be opened, one young woman was shoot and killed during the raid... the whole thing was well planed and executed, in and out within minutes... clearly professionals at work. so say our local reports

but not in the links provided?

... but once national News get hold of the story they skip over some of those details and water it down, even changing the reported firearms from machine guns to pistols, What's up with that, are they just not wanting to scare people by hiding facts?

*snip*

So whos' reporting the news these days?

yeah, good question, you offered a version of events that you haven't backed up with a source and then you provided two links which seem to match up quite well with each other but not your version of events, what gives? if that isn't spin, i dunno what is. did it ever occour that intially events were sensationalised?

[edit on 22/6/09 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I didn't saw any reference to machine-guns in the local news either, and if they were caught so quickly they were not that professional, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

that's still a fair way shy of the paraphrased version of events you present at the start of the first post. i don't think it's necessarily watering down, i think it's possibly increasingly accurate reporting.

for instance, initially, machine guns were alleged by an unnamed police source however rifles and pistols were later found in the getaway car, the media from then on report rifles and pistols being used. that's not watering down, that's clarification.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Chances are good they were reworking a press release from the department, cops are famous for not giving accurate or full info to reporters. People at the scene also flip out, I was working the scene of a fatal crash Friday and three people gave totally different estimates of how long it took EMTs to arrive, one person swore up and down in was at least half an hour (more like ten minutes). They also censor information to the media to prevent giving away crucial investigation details, or to prevent a public panic which an event like this actually could trigger.

Hate to say it but we are going to see a lot more of this in the US since they have allowed the South American cartels and M13 to infiltrate. They are all over the East Coast now, its just a matter of time until they get more organized than random deal-related murders and robberies.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Canadians only have decades-old rifles, shotguns and some handguns, we are so # if these gangs move up into Canada (as they are increasingly doing) if and when TSHTF.

I was actually thinking of going into the downtown eastside in Vancouver and walk around offering drug dealers good $ for a handgun or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is just not a case of a militarized gang.

Seriously, a *snip* Denny's??? It's not exactly the Franklin Mint. Not much money at a Denny's. And they risked felony robbery with firearms charges? And that's before they even killed that poor 19 year old. If the manager is following procedure, there probably wasn't even much money in the safe at 9:30AM. I mean hot d*mn I hope they grabbed themselves a hot breakfast while they were there.

They sound like some desperate idiots who watched Pulp Fiction. The real militarized gangs know about the risks they take, the charges they would face, and they do military style intel to pick a target, and their target would NOT be a *snip* Denny's because there is next to no *snip* money there.

About the best they could hope for is to find some other illegals there, the kind that carry ALL of their money in a roll in their pants pocket. No joke, fat rolls of Ben and General Jackson. I remember delivering pizzas and one guy whipped his cash roll out to pay me...it was at least $10,000.

The Denny's itself...I'd guess no more than ~$1200 cash on hand...that could be like a whole day. If they emptied the safe and took it to the bank sometime the night before, then it'd be more like $400-$600 unless it's a really busy Denny's. People mostly use credit and check cards at restaurants now. They could grab a hundred or two in pocket change from the customers, and some plastic.

I'd guess it was trying to use the cards that got them caught, but that second story...sheesh it's even more pathetic. They all ran back to their trailer park. That is hardly the fortified compound of a militarized gang.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I agree with those who doubt the claim about automatic weapons since the media are more likely to identify semiauto weapons as automatic than the other way around.

However, it is dead wrong of those here who would minimized the heinous character of this crime.

The salient facts are that a group of illegal aliens entered a full restaurant of American citizens and murdered an innocent young woman.

Because they are from Central America, it might be that they did have automatic weapons, but then, what is the real difference in the important features of the crime.

Those of you who advocate open borders should pay attention. Those of you who oppose the Second Amendment should pay attention.

From my own observations, the full facts of this case have not yet been determined, but two suspects are in custody, while another is believed to have escaped into Mexico and Mexican authorities have been notified. It is suspected there may be a fourth offender.

new topics

top topics

join