It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced this while meditating?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hi all,

i have been meditating for months now and had some cool experiences.

One experience is quite a weird one though. For the last couple of weeks I have been listening to the Schumann freqeuncy (7.83hz) while meditating in bed.

Last night, I decided to do really deep breathing and hold the breaths after breathing in. Maybe like 2 breaths per minute kind of thing.

Anyway, i was reaching a great relaxation doing this when all of a sudden my body jolted. Like the bed just shook once, very quickly.

I turned to my partner, who was reading and asked her if she felt it and she said no. There was nothing for her at all.

I am puzzled as to what happened. Maybe someone has an idea?

It definatley was not my pertner, incase anyone implies this.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced a similar thing?

cheers, G.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Could it have been because you were getting hardly any oxygen into your brain that it forced you to breath by jolting you? I don't see why not. Sort of like a yawn, but an extreme version because you were so low on air.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I recommend you read up on energy awareness exercises. This is nothing unusual when meditating or doing energy awareness exercises, as it happens to me quite often. Sometimes when I'm meditating I get an energy spike, feels like someone sticking a pin in your leg. It definitely makes you jump.

Check out these websites & forum.

www.astraldynamics.com...
forums.astraldynamics.com...
www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com...
www.kundaliniproblems.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i don't meditate, but when i'm dozing, i sometimes get a sudden sensation of falling that quickly jolts me back to consciousness, is that what you mean?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
first, you should be sitting not laying while meditating. Yeah, its more comfortable....but your more likely to fall asleep and that can have issues.

the jolt, you just left your body and (upon realization) you slammed back into it. very un-nerving but harmless.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I get that jolt a lot. I actually try to experience it.

It's my understanding that at that time it's me trying to leave my body. A lot of times during meditation, I experience the jolt several times in a short time span and I try to go beyond it and actually leave my body but with no success.

I can't tell you exactly what it is, but I can say it's normal during deep meditation.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

I am new to meditation, what do you mean "but your more likely to fall asleep and that can have issues. "

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've meditated for over 15 years and prefer to do it lying down and I've never had any issues, apart from falling asleep occasionally, which is a bonus if you ask me, considering it can be quite difficult to induce sleep. Just adopt whatever position you feel comfortable with or experiment and see what works best. If you fall asleep while meditating, it also happens to increase the chance of having a lucid dream, which again is beneficial if you wish to explore your inner self.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Why is it that every time I start to feel weightless like I'm beginning to have an OBE, my mind immediately brings me back to reality? Last night was so frustrating. Also, flashes of scary faces, I told them to leave, and they did. What is this?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Funny you should mention that. I've had similar experiences. Quite a lot of people who have had OBE's mention more or less the same thing. Seeing shadow like phantoms who seem to have the ability to home in on your fear and magnify it ten fold. They can be quite scary, but as long as you remain calm and in control, they can't really harm you. What they are, I can only guess. They are probably just figments of our imagination or maybe they really do exist and live in these other dimensions or realities. Don't fear them, simply empower yourself & just do what you did and firmly tell them to go away. It worked for me and I've never experienced them again. Check this website for more info. It's an excellent website and you should definitely check it out if you're interested in OBE's.

www.astraldynamics.com...

Why is it that every time I start to feel weightless like I'm beginning to have an OBE, my mind immediately brings me back to reality?

From what I've learnt it has to do with energy. You basically don't have enough energy to project and so therefore you quickly bounce back. In the book Astral Dynamics the first thing you're taught is energy awareness excercises which helps build up your energy and will help to increase your chances of projecting successfully.

Everyone is different, but from my own experience it's not easy, it takes a lot of commitment and determination and self belief. It took me 3 months before I had my first OBE. All I can say is don't give up and you'll get there in the end. It's truly a liberating experience and is more than worth the effort you put in. Like I said, check out Astral Dynamics and Robert Bruce. This man truly knows what he's talking about. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This is all very interesting IMO. I would love to believe all the things that have to do with meditation and metaphysics in general, and to some degree I truly do believe there are some odd things going on that we don't 'understand' atm. Which is why I have been meditating on/off for a while now, and these kids of experiences people say they have are intruiging. From what I have read I believe this kind of feeling is somewhat common, where you feel energy to an extent.

Good luck with your meditations, and I would like to ask if you know where I can find this 7.83hz Schumann frequency, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

You were falling asleep and your body brought you back to the awaken state by the jolt.

So don't worry.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
thanks for the replies! how long long would it take for me to accept an oobe and not jump straight back?

i will try and find this 7.83hz. i got it off the web somewhere. will have a look when i get home from work.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Sometimes when I start to fall alseep I will be jolted awake like that. (to the original post) It almost feels like you fall a couple of inches.

When I was into heavy meditation it happened every once and a while too.

As has been suggested here, it could be your spirit body falling back into your body, but I dont know that for certain. I have never really been able to experience out of body experiences. That was never my specialty. I tried for several years, but just couldnt seem to do it.

But keep on exploring! Meditation is an awesome tool!

Also I might add that when you get really good at it, and when things start to happen, remember you are safe, and don't freak out. Fear is a big blocker, and after years of experience, I have learned there is nothing to fear about the unknown you walk into with heavy meditation, it only will install peace and amazement at who you truely are as a human being living on this crazy planet.

Keep on keepin on!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentry-

www.iso-tones.com...

lots of free stuff here. Just scroll down til you see schumann.

g.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have experienced the same before, both in meditation and in sleep. I also keep hearing doorbells and phones ringing when meditating and sleeping when neither are ringing.

Psychologists and Gnostics alike believe that the Ego does not want you to achieve a state of mindlessness. Mindlessness is like a death sentence for the Ego that is trying to avoid at all costs (like a convict that escapes from prison who swears they are never going back). Therefore, the Ego will do whatever it can to stir you out of a meditative or relaxed state.

People who are first beginning meditative practices experience this more frequently. Idle chatter in the back of the head, that annoying itch on the tip of your nose, your legs falling asleep, your fingers tapping, an urge to sneeze, are all subtle tools the Ego uses to try to distract. Eventually you learn just to ignore each of them as they arise, and the Ego will go on to trying more desperate tricks.

I do like the explanation that it is your Spirit separating from the Kinesthetic (Proprioceptive) Body/Mind and being suddenly pulled back into awareness of your Kinesthetic Body/Mind, like a rubber-band being stretch out and let go to return to its normal form. That very well could be true. Just know that the process of it happening is due to your Ego's desire for self-preservation. Ignore it, just like all the other tricks your Ego tries.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
in Qigong (chinese movement meditation) with the practice of 'regulating' your breathing, it is not suggested to hold your breath. This takes great practice because it basically stagnates your chi energy in your blood when you hold it.

You're not supposed to hold your breath until you reach regulation. Which 'regulating' is when you dont have to think about it anymore (aka years of practice).

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How incredibly strange that you brought this up. I've been a bit disturbed off and on when I think back to a month or so ago when a few nights in a row and not again since then, I awoke to the sensation of my bed shaking. I was half asleep while I felt this going on (meaning I was barely conscious but still aware of my surrounding) and I remember thinking, "What the heck is going on". I looked over at my boyfriend and he was laying perfectly still, but as I fully came to (no longer half asleep) the sensation was completely gone.

Like I said, this happened 3 nights in a row. The night after the 3rd time I awoke to an incredibly loud bang that was right above my head against the wall. I live in an apartment but the neighbors downstairs had moved out and the wall it was up against is joined to the outside. My boyfriend didn't even stir and he is as light a sleeper as I am meaning we keep eachother awake at night just by shifting position in bed.

Anyway, I've had the same sensation one time while falling asleep on the couch. I'm not even trying to meditate, which is what's really weird.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
thanks for the replies! how long long would it take for me to accept an oobe and not jump straight back?

i will try and find this 7.83hz. i got it off the web somewhere. will have a look when i get home from work.

it takes a long ass time bro, one month to a few months with daily practice MINIMUM, I think I know the answer to this too but it was kind of touched on already.

nothing to do with oxygen, you got to a state so relaxed that you started to out-of-body-experience. When the mind leaves the body it sort of "switches" your physical body on autopilot and this is where the jolt comes in, as the concious mind hands the bodily controls over to the involuntary bodily systems. Unfortunatley this jolt interupted your journey to an OOBE.

I've been meditating for a while now on my journey to my first OOBE and have not got out yet, same reasons as you too - as your higher self detachs from the body more and more you will start to become familiar with the physical sensations that accompany this detachment, like the jolt. Once you get used to and start ignoring these feelings, and are able to maintain focus on deeper states of relaxation and getting out - you will finally be able to. Don't let the physical distractions interupt you - and DON'T be afraid, this is the other big interuption people have that prevents them from ever getting out. I promise you as you learn more you'll know that there's no reason to be afraid of an OOBE.

Also sitting/laying is really no matter - laying you are more likely to fall asleep but thats not bad at all. Most people don't realize that lucid dreams = OOBE. A lucid dream IS an out-of-body, and just as valid as a goal of being able to accomplish a concious OOBE.

keep trucking you'll get there.

practice often and don't give up

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In Buddhism it is called Mindfulness of breathing and I have had golden lights and gone through a threshold before in meditation - the light is BRIGHT when that happens.

I usually see either an aqua or magenta light when I meditate a lot noe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join